"Group of eight women stab Manhattan subway rider after he makes wisecrack"

tvega961

Okay, so you are in favor of racial profiling. Glad we've cleared it up...

Still, VG8, I don't think you've addressed the legality issue of stop and frisk. Which court case were you referring to when you said that the Supreme Court ruled it legal?

No, you're confusing racial profiling with targeting potential criminals... Criminals come in all colors and they should be stopped just the same. As for your other comment, if Stop & Frisk is illegal then the courts would be throwing it out AND furthermore, you wouldn't have senators like Senator Gillibrand who was on Fox 5 this morning talking about how cops need to be aided with Stop & Frisk.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What bothers me more about this is, the fact that violence (violent crimes) involving females is on the rise..... where is all this testosterone coming from out of these girls out here all of a sudden..... this whole "defend your honor" BS is typically something stupid that guys would engage in & act upon....

Part of the problem (in general) too is that, these older heads that think they can say little slick disrespectful shit to these kids out here & not expect anything to happen to them simply b/c they're elders..... those days are over with.....

Not saying this guy deserved to get stabbed, but you still gotta watch yourself & what you say out here nowadays......

wtf did all 8 of em had to gang up on him for; that's some punk shit in its own right.....

No, you're confusing racial profiling with targeting potential criminals... Criminals come in all colors and they should be stopped just the same. As for your other comment, if Stop & Frisk is illegal then the courts would be throwing it out AND furthermore, you wouldn't have senators like Senator Gillibrand who was on Fox 5 this morning talking about how cops need to be aided with Stop & Frisk.

Previously you said the Supreme Court ruled it legal. Do you still stand by that?

Previously you said the Supreme Court ruled it legal. Do you still stand by that?

I think this clarifies things...

http://burneylawfirm...isk”-authority/

What bothers me more about this is, the fact that violence (violent crimes) involving females is on the rise..... where is all this testosterone coming from out of these girls out here all of a sudden..... this whole "defend your honor" BS is typically something stupid that guys would engage in & act upon....

Part of the problem (in general) too is that, these older heads that think they can say little slick disrespectful shit to these kids out here & not expect anything to happen to them simply b/c they're elders..... those days are over with.....

Not saying this guy deserved to get stabbed, but you still gotta watch yourself & what you say out here nowadays......

wtf did all 8 of em had to gang up on him for; that's some punk shit in its own right.....

So true... People have a problem minding their damn business. What these young women did wasn't right, but some people are just too nosy. They have to know what everyone is doing all the time. He could've avoided the problem and moved to another car.

So true... People have a problem minding their damn business. What these young women did wasn't right, but some people are just too nosy. They have to know what everyone is doing all the time. He could've avoided the problem and moved to another car.

So first you say that the crime could have been prevented by racially profiling the women, now you say he could have avoided it like it's not a big deal? Please, pick a side here....

First off, what the guy said was pure stupidity. If you see a group of crazy teenage girls screaming or annoying you, the LAST thing you want to do is start anything. He should've just either moved to another car or dealt with it.

What the teens did was completely uncalled for. The guy was a jerk, so if they wanted to scream or curse at him then that would be fine. Taking out a knife is a whole other story, and the fact that they're taking it in as a joke and laughing about it shows their complete ignorance.

And to address this racial profiling issue, I ask you this: Let's say that there's a neighborhood where a lot of houses are being vandalized at night and it's law enforcement has proven that almost every one of these incidents has been committed by teenagers. To combat this issue, the police stop and frisk any teenager that seems to be acting suspicious or loitering. They don't stop every teen, but only the ones who seem to be suspicious and possibly up to no good. Do you think that there's anything wrong with that? Now replace teenager with black. The majority of the people who are stopped are black or another minority because facts prove that they're physical characteristics of people committing most crimes. If it were whites committing most of the crimes, then the police would be more inclined to stop and frisk whites.

So first you say that the crime could have been prevented by racially profiling the women, now you say he could have avoided it like it's not a big deal? Please, pick a side here....

There's no side to pick because both parties are wrong. He should've moved to another car, but instead he had to be a wise guy and make a remark. It's true what B35 said. People like to make smart remarks and don't expect anything to happen, especially older folks when dealing with younger folks. Like yesterday. I'm standing by the Toys R Us bus stop by Union Square minding my own business and this older black guy in a wheelchair starts coming in my direction yelling to get my attention. I was having a drink relaxing and here he goes with the BS. So eventually I realize he's trying to get my attention and I stopped drinking and said "Excuse me?" By that time he had already started making all kinds of snide remarks (I honestly couldn't hear everything, but he made what sounded like sort of racial remark about white people or something which I didn't too care for seeing that I'm of mixed background) so then he comes back to his original question after the rhetoric, which was if I'm waiting for the M1 bus because it doesn't run on the weekends (which I already knew).

I replied that I wasn't and he continues to make a big to do about nothing, so before getting myself into an uproar about what a PITA this guy was becoming when I'm hot and trying to quinch my thirst, I simply repeated that I was not waiting for the M1 and said thank you as if to say now step the f- off and he got the message and rolled his @-- back where he was standing.

So in sum, yes you have people that are too nosy. Now I would've been wrong if I would've came back and said something snide when I was minding my own business, but I took the high road...

First off, what the guy said was pure stupidity. If you see a group of crazy teenage girls screaming or annoying you, the LAST thing you want to do is start anything. He should've just either moved to another car or dealt with it.

What the teens did was completely uncalled for. The guy was a jerk, so if they wanted to scream or curse at him then that would be fine. Taking out a knife is a whole other story, and the fact that they're taking it in as a joke and laughing about it shows their complete ignorance.

And to address this racial profiling issue, I ask you this: Let's say that there's a neighborhood where a lot of houses are being vandalized at night and it's law enforcement has proven that almost every one of these incidents has been committed by teenagers. To combat this issue, the police stop and frisk any teenager that seems to be acting suspicious or loitering. They don't stop every teen, but only the ones who seem to be suspicious and possibly up to no good. Do you think that there's anything wrong with that? Now replace teenager with black. The majority of the people who are stopped are black or another minority because facts prove that they're physical characteristics of people committing most crimes. If it were whites committing most of the crimes, then the police would be more inclined to stop and frisk whites.

My sentiments exactly!! This is what cops do! When there was a white male going around groping women, guess what? They started profiling white men that fit that profile. It's called police work AND it helps solve crimes.

That's impossible. Minorities are just that: minorities. So they can't be committing the most crimes. It comes down to profiling, whether it's by age, race, sex, or whatever. That explanation can't be true. There is a case of profiling, because we have a disproportionate amount of young minority men in jail. Does this tell you something?

My sentiments exactly!! This what cops do! When there was a white male going around groping women, guess what? They started profiling white men that fit that profile. It's called police work AND it helps solve crimes.

And when they did that they arrested an innocent man. They're not doing they're job right either....

That's impossible. Minorities are just that: minorities. So they can't be committing the most crimes. It comes down to profiling, whether it's by age, race, sex, or whatever. That explanation can't be true. There is a case of profiling, because we have a disproportionate amount of young minority men in jail. Does this tell you something?

Oh really??? Well guess which group have the highest amount of folks in jail. Blacks have the highest amount of individuals in jail even though they're a minority, so I think you need to re-think that comment because you're clearly misinformed on the facts.

How does this article prove your point?

The article states that the Supreme Court expanded the Stop & Frisk authority of the police.

The article states that the Supreme Court expanded the Stop & Frisk authority of the police.

However, reasonable suspicion is still required for a police officer to stop and frisk someone, as stated in this article (which was written since the supreme court expanded the stop and frisk authority of the police).

http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/stop_and_frisk

You can't just say, "Oh, the supreme court expanded the police's authority, so that means that the police can stop and frisk anyone they want to." Certain things about stop and frisk laws have NOT changed.

Oh really??? Well guess which group have the highest amount of folks in jail. Blacks have the highest amount of individuals in jail even though they're a minority, so I think you need to re-think that comment because you're clearly misinformed on the facts.

I'm not misinformed, that's IMPOSSIBLE, because there'd r probably have to be more than 50% of us in jail for that to be true. You're misinformed here...

Interesting enough, but yet, I would say I have to agree with VG8's point about certain minorities being responsible for a disproportionate amount of crime. Sad to say, but the real problem is the fact that parents who are part of these minorities don't do enough to educate their kids to act civilly and respectfully, and in some cases, (as evidenced by my video of that mother egging on her kids during a play fight on the Lakeshore Limited, which is elsewhere on the forum) even encourage their kids to participate in egregious behavior that conditions them to believe that this kind of action is acceptable in a public setting, whereas in reality it wouldn't be acceptable in any setting.

Exhibit A:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piKto2xMRDc

It may be hard to hear at first, but later on, she does tell her kids to punch each other in the face among other things, all the while in an Amfleet car that has about 35 other passengers on board. I suppose we can say that we're lucky enough that she didn't get up with a knife or a pistol to do the guy in who tells her and her kids to shut the f*** up, or we'd have a similar situation as this subway incident.

However, reasonable suspicion is still required for a police officer to stop and frisk someone, as stated in this article (which was written since the supreme court expanded the stop and frisk authority of the police).

http://www.law.corne.../stop_and_frisk

You can't just say, "Oh, the supreme court expanded the police's authority, so that means that the police can stop and frisk anyone they want to." Certain things about stop and frisk laws have NOT changed.

Well like I said before, the police have the right to stop folks if they feel that they are suspicious. They are trained to make those calls as part of their jobs.

I'm not misinformed, that's IMPOSSIBLE, because there'd r probably have to be more than 50% of us in jail for that to be true. You're misinformed here...

lol... Not to laugh but the fact is that in the prison system, blacks have the highest percentage out of all groups in jail. It is not a coincidence that they are targeted, just as Latinos are targeted because both groups have a high percentage of individuals incarcerated. If you don't believe me go do the research yourself.

Will EVERY thread about crime on here become a stop and frisk discussion? We've been there once....twice.....this is getting boring now.

Well it keeps being brought up because it keeps being raised by the politicians and quite frankly the latest incidents with kids being shot, innocent victims being beaten in the Bronx just to rob them and so on does raise some questions that need to be discussed because these sorts of incidents are disturbing because of the types of crimes in question and the fact that they seem to be escalating. The topic was brought up to the mayor about perhaps the need for more cops which he said isn't needed and then the Stop & Frisk was brought up by some local leaders who had previously been against it, so this is far from boring. It is ever evolving in fact.

Normally I'd feel sorry for the victim but well.... dude started with them, he had it coming.

Agree with the two posters above who said people need to learn how to mind their business, its a issue with both sexes but women are much more noisy which is ironic considering how upset they get when thirsty men bother them. Women are notorious for that slick comment stuff even if a man is not paying attention to them...

Part of the reason I don't feel sorry for women when thirsty men bother them in public, women pretty much do the same thing to certain men with giving them unwanted attention.

I'm gonna have to side with VG8 here. As the saying goes "all stereotypes are based on some truth". The only reason racial profiling exists is because a majority of people who commit a specific crime meet a specific demographic. From there, prejudices and biases are "confirmed", and people who have the power may take things a step too far. However, if multiple adults under 4' go on a robbing spree, what do you expect the police to do? Interrogate tall people? People get too offended too easily.

Yes, I get offended when grown Chinese men walk into the street to avoid me (even though I've lived in the neighborhood for years), but I know what they base their caution on, and I blame the people who share my color and propagate crime and rebellion. But I'll tell you this: I was never stopped by the police since I moved into my current neighborhood, because they had no reason to stop me. The crimes in my neighborhood were being committed by the Chinese and Latinos, I'm black. Believe it or not, you represent more than just you or your families. Just like how one of our fellow 'railfans' stole a train and made it harder for anyone who has a camera in the subway.

@Threxx: the girls were unfashionably loud, the guy called them retarded loud enough for them to hear, then they stabbed him. Multiple factors led to this incident, and an omission of any one could have avoided it. Both sides were very unwise, one broke the law in their actions.

Well like I said before, the police have the right to stop folks if they feel that they are suspicious. They are trained to make those calls as part of their jobs.

Says who? Maybe that's your belief, but the article that I've provided contradicts that. And I think it's from a pretty trustworthy source.

I'm gonna have to side with VG8 here. As the saying goes "all stereotypes are based on some truth". The only reason racial profiling exists is because a majority of people who commit a specific crime meet a specific demographic. From there, prejudices and biases are "confirmed", and people who have the power may take things a step too far. However, if multiple adults under 4' go on a robbing spree, what do you expect the police to do? Interrogate tall people? People get too offended too easily.

Yes, I get offended when grown Chinese men walk into the street to avoid me (even though I've lived in the neighborhood for years), but I know what they base their caution on, and I blame the people who share my color and propagate crime and rebellion. But I'll tell you this: I was never stopped by the police since I moved into my current neighborhood, because they had no reason to stop me. The crimes in my neighborhood were being committed by the Chinese and Latinos, I'm black. Believe it or not, you represent more than just you or your families. Just like how one of our fellow 'railfans' stole a train and made it harder for anyone who has a camera in the subway.

@Threxx: the girls were unfashionably loud, the guy called them retarded loud enough for them to hear, then they stabbed him. Multiple factors led to this incident, and an omission of any one could have avoided it. Both sides were very unwise, one broke the law in their actions.

The part in bold was exactly what I've been saying. Police have no choice but to profile. That will never end. Like I said when that white guy went around groping chicks the cops had to start looking for a guy that fit the same profile and they nabbed the wrong guy at first, so mistaken identity happens with all racial groups. It's unfortunate but it's part of the process. Nothing is perfect and never will be, but at the same time we can't just stop fighting crime because a few people may get offended. Don't want to be a target... Do your best not to be one.

Like I said when that white guy went around groping chicks the cops had to start looking for a guy that fit the same profile and they nabbed the wrong guy at first, so mistaken identity happens with all racial groups.
Looking for a specific person is different from stopping random black people who look suspicious.

Looking for a specific person is different from stopping random black people who look suspicious.

You're taking that "random" idea and twisting it like they're just stopping all sorts of black folks just because. The key word is suspicious... Cops have a right to stop individuals who they feel are acting or look suspicious. I can tell you one thing... If I was a cop and saw these individuals, I certainly would've stopped them. I mean what type of women walks around with their pants hanging down like that like some sort of criminal? That sort of dress is known to be used by thugs out on the streets.

I'm only liking SmallParkShuttle's post, TSS, I like your posts in spirit...

It's pretty well known. In fact that's the whole premises around Stop & Frisk... I don't know where you've been...?? :huh:

No, he wants evidence that the police are actually stopping people who are suspicious, and not just random black people.

Archived