"Group of eight women stab Manhattan subway rider after he makes wisecrack"

tvega961

This guy should have known his role and SHUT HIS MOUTH. He deserved everything he got, opening your mouth like that is asking for a big fight. If you're so annoyed by these people move to the next car, probably even smarter to move between cars to get away from them than to say something like that.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah but you see that's the thing... You really have nothing to go off of with suspicion but perceptions... I still say that if one doesn't want to be looked at a certain way then you don't portray yourself in that light. That's why most Stop & Frisks happen IMO. And this nonsense about individuals not knowing who are they dressing like... Please... That is biggest load of crappola... If they don't know then that shows a big problem right there in the communities being targeted. Many of the communities up in arms do very little to change what "the image" is that should be followed and when politicians have spoken out against following said image instead of being praised, they get slack.

Okay, now what about when the police don't say what's making them suspicious? And when the suspect asks them what they did wrong, and the police officer doesn't have anything to say?

Okay, now what about when the police don't say what's making them suspicious? And when the suspect asks them what they did wrong, and the police officer doesn't have anything to say?

Like I said, the system isn't perfect. If it were me, I wouldn't go trying to provoke a cop, even a crooked one. Do as the officer says and don't go making the situation worse. The few times I've had to interact with cops giving me orders I obeyed the orders. They ask you to not go around a barricade... Don't go around it. There are still some crooked cops out there no question, but the majority of them are just trying to do their jobs and go home to their families.

Folks have to understand that cops are generally outnumbered, so they naturally will be quick to react if they feel in any way threatened or at risk and perhaps they do sometimes overact, but to a degree I can understand.

This guy should have known his role and SHUT HIS MOUTH. He deserved everything he got, opening your mouth like that is asking for a big fight. If you're so annoyed by these people move to the next car, probably even smarter to move between cars to get away from them than to say something like that.

So what you're saying is that if someone says something negative about me I would be perfectly justified in stabbing them with a knife?

Good.... Even more of the reason to throw them under the jail cell...

That's the first thing I checked upon reading this story; the ages of these roughnecks.......

You wanna engage in delinquent & criminal behavior at an adult age, you get punished like a damn adult too..... +1 on that.

I bring that up b/c there does exist this mentality that, since I'm under 18, I can get away with whatever I want.....

That explains those stupid smiles on their faces.... which tells me, in the head they're still JUVENILES !

which leads me to this post below.....

Well, hope those girls like being someone else's bitch. Let's see how long they'll be smiling then...

The problem these days is kids have no respect for elders due to either no parents or lack of discipline and lack of education. Schools for them are more a social hangout than a place for learning.

I agree with most of you here about the guy should've minded his own business, but with the way some of those 'kids' act, they should've gotten the belt in the old days. But because they are in large groups and have no fear, they are more dangerous and think they can do whatever the hell they want. Kids should not be allowed to be in large groups unsupervised and we need MORE cops around. Post them in the troubled areas of the system like checkpoints and that can help keep the scum like those girls off the trains.

chicken & egg....

kids have no respect for elders and elders have no respect for kids nowadays...... kids eventually grow up to become elders, and show disrespect to the generation(s) of kids after them..... neverending cycle, and unfortunately it's only gonna get worse.....

This is the outcome of kids raising kids.....

Can't expect great parenting skills when the parents of these kids mentally are kids themselves !

This is exactly why I barley post news that is transit related. All i see is you guys arguing about Stop and Frisk. All i have to say is this. Would you rather be a little safe in your own neighborhood or feel scared? Personally i am for Stop and Frisk. Ever since people wanted it to stop, a 4 year old was shot and killed. and 6 people were shot in a basketball tournament, A woman was stabbed on 2nd Avenue, and 6 people were shot, including 2 children by flying bullets. People, including politicians, are changing their minds and want stop and frisk to continue. You can argue about this all you want. It's for YOUR safety.

chicken & egg....

kids have no respect for elders and elders have no respect for kids nowadays...... kids eventually grow up to become elders, and show disrespect to the generation(s) of kids after them..... neverending cycle, and unfortunately it's only gonna get worse.....

Can't expect great parenting skills when the parents of these kids mentally are kids themselves !

Very true, and it is a sad reflection on today's society especially with parents not wanting to be parents be be their kid's 'best friend'. I still blame the anti-punishment mentality though. If parents were allowed to smack a kid for acting inappropriately instead of having the kid being taken away by child services, I think some of those kids might've grown up with a little more self control.

That still doesn't excuse how one of them STABBED him. Yes, he could've minded his business, but the end result was NOT JUSTIFIED! Because those girls couldn't take a little criticism, they should be locked up behind bars for the little thugs that they are.

The media's only bringing up/pushing these stories to push for Stop and Frisk when it wasn't even thought of/imagined back then.

Still not going to help or work.

Not so sure about that because some politicians that opposed it are now supporting it...

That's the first thing I checked upon reading this story; the ages of these roughnecks.......

You wanna engage in delinquent & criminal behavior at an adult age, you get punished like a damn adult too..... +1 on that.

I bring that up b/c there does exist this mentality that, since I'm under 18, I can get away with whatever I want.....

That explains those stupid smiles on their faces.... which tells me, in the head they're still JUVENILES !

chicken & egg....

LOL... Very true...

chicken & egg....

Well said bro. Another issue is that many kids are being raised in 1-parent homes or homes where both mommy and daddy are never home. Not excuse just adding.

Disaster really does come from the mouth...

Yes I can understand the poor man's frustration with the noisy bunch, but really if it were just me I'd just move to another car and save myself the trouble.. I find it much easier to accommodate others than to have others accommodate me.

I find it interesting that so many people are discussing the "what ifs" of the situation, like "what if he had just moved somewhere else" and all that stuff.

Let's face it. IT ALREADY HAPPENED. He's already been stabbed. So his decision to openly comment wasn't the smartest, but he was STILL STABBED. A crime was committed against him, and I feel that that's more relevant than what he should have or shouldn't have done. If you take this situation as a lesson to yourself, then great: you're less likely to find yourself stabbed or shot for the matter. But this thread is post fact, so there's no point in discussing hypotheticals.

Too bad the vet did not have a concealed weapon to protect himself with. Then again, he probably would have gotten arrested anyway for hurting the poor, little teenagers.

Kind of scary what a mob mentality can lead to--8 teens against a former marine and army vet. Jeez.

:lol: at you biting The Rock in that first sentence.

I read it in The Rock's voice too :lol:

Yes, if they don't want to end up in harm's way. Besides by moving into another car he wouldn't have to deal with the behavior of these ladies who I believe were affiliated with some kind of street gang.

Nice attitude, just let the savages run free in the streets....

All of you who are stating that the guy should have shut up and got what he deserved are all idiots. What kind of society is this that it's acceptable for someone to get stabbed, especially over a verbal comment? So that means it's ok to stab someone whenever a comment is made that you don't like? Savages. You're no different than these animals. No wonder we're going down a downward spiral where criminals have more rights than victims.

That still doesn't excuse how one of them STABBED him. Yes, he could've minded his business, but the end result was NOT JUSTIFIED! Because those girls couldn't take a little criticism, they should be locked up behind bars for the little thugs that they are.

Of course it's not justified, but this is NY. You do shit like that and you can expect to be physically hurt. There's some crazy people out there that will attack you over the stupidest crap there is, and you never know what kind of attitude a person will have, so you don't talk about people like that in front of them. They could very well be ARMED and ready to use their weapon regardless of how nonsensical it would be to do so. I'm shocked that this guy isn't a tourist and is really from here, he should know what he's doing on the subway much better than he does.

But if he were to move to another car (when not at the station), he would've been ticketed for crossing b/w cars.

Could've is the word, not exactly would've.

All of you who are stating that the guy should have shut up and got what he deserved are all idiots. What kind of society is this that it's acceptable for someone to get stabbed, especially over a verbal comment? So that means it's ok to stab someone whenever a comment is made that you don't like? Savages. You're no different than these animals. No wonder we're going down a downward spiral where criminals have more rights than victims.

Well said. How would these people feel if they gotten stabbed and was in a worst condition than him? People should be really lucky that we are still holding on but yet they got to be ungrateful :wacko:

I don't think that he deserved to be stabbed, but saying what he said was dumb and put himself at unnecessary risk. Error said it perfectly:

Disaster really does come from the mouth...

Yes I can understand the poor man's frustration with the noisy bunch, but really if it were just me I'd just move to another car and save myself the trouble.. I find it much easier to accommodate others than to have others accommodate me.

It's not okay for someone to stab you in this circumstance, but it's smart to AVOID getting stabbed.

Archived