Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
mfs NJT459

Walmart Bomb Threats

"The Walmart at Harmon Meadow Plaza was evacuated Monday afternoon and searched because of a bomb threat that came amid a string of more than a dozen such threats against Walmart stores in the Midwest over the past few days, officials said.

073012SecaucusWalmart.jpg

About 700 people, including customers and employees, were evacuated after the threat was called into the Secaucus store at 1:45 p.m., officials said.

K-9 units from the Hudson County Sheriff’s Office and the NJ Transit and Jersey City police searched the store for more than two hours before determining there was no bomb, said Michael Makarski, a spokesman for the Hudson County Sheriff’s Office. The store was allowed to reopen at 4:15 p.m., he said.

He said authorities are looking into whether the threat is linked to at least a dozen others in Missouri, Kansas and Oklahoma, most of them made over the weekend. No bombs have been found in any of the stores.

Detective Capt. John Buckley of the Secaucus police said the Harmon Meadow store received a call “saying a bomb was on the premises” but had no further information about the nature of the threat. Buckley said he would call the FBI because of similar threats made elsewhere over the weekend."

http://www.northjers...omb_threat.html

... linked to 11 others in Kansas and Missouri

http://www.reuters.c...787429620120730

On a related note, the Walmart I used to work at in East Meadow (unfortunately) was robbed at gunpoint some time after I quit the job.

If I was still working there I'd have been on break, and possibly finding the nearest exit would have been my highest priority.

On a related note, the Walmart I used to work at in East Meadow (unfortunately) was robbed at gunpoint some time after I quit the job.

If I was still working there I'd have been on break, and possibly finding the nearest exit would have been my highest priority.

The one thing that I loved about Walmart was those dumb blue vests with the How May I Help You? on them. Talk about making yourself an easy target.

The one thing that I loved about Walmart was those dumb blue vests with the How May I Help You? on them. Talk about making yourself an easy target.

Those are actually pretty old now, as they aren't part of the 'uniform' there as far as I've seen, anyone who has a vest has certainly worked there for a few years. Some of the older folks at the Walmart I worked at work had the blue vests while we had a few with the red ones.

Nowadays you just rock a navy blue T-shirt with khakis or the Walmart-issued navy blue shirt with the logo and khakis.

Those are actually pretty old now, as they aren't part of the 'uniform' there as far as I've seen, anyone who has a vest has certainly worked there for a few years. Some of the older folks at the Walmart I worked at work had the blue vests while we had a few with the red ones.

Nowadays you just rock a navy blue T-shirt with khakis or the Walmart-issued navy blue shirt with the logo and khakis.

lol... Well that's certainly a change for the better.