Out-of-town homeless families from around the US are flooding NYC shelters

Shortline Bus

Well the problem is that these days everyone is seen as "rich". I mean anyone that brings in say $100k a year is seen as rich, which is a joke. For a family 100k is nothing, especially after taxes, monies for school and so on these days. The abuse of programs like these, which we most certainly should have BUT with restrictions in place is killing the so called "rich" people, who are nothing more than middle class to upper middle class people at best. The true rich folks like the Warren Buffets of the world pay next to nothing in taxes.

This kills me, the $100/150/200/250k is nothing argument. It's not nothing. Taxes don't take too much out of that, and the real issue is the money people spend on luxuries. You said it yourself: money for school. I'm sorry, but I always went to public school, and so will my kids. Private school is not a necessity, it's a luxury. Same is eating out at restaurants, or going on vacations once, twice, or three times a year. Same is having a housekeeper or a live-in sitter or a cook. Same is having the newest technology, the newest TV, the newest Apple product. People act like they NEED that money to sustain that kind of lifestyle: they don't. They should be thankful for the ability to sustain a luxury lifestyle, not justifying the amount they make as a necessity. I don't have a problem with a family taking in $250k a year, paying their fair share in taxes, etc., as long as they don't try to justify that $250k is what you HAVE to be making.

Secondly, no rich people are getting "killed." Inequality is worse than ever; the rich have nothing to worry about...cept maybe a class war.

This kills me, the $100/150/200/250k is nothing argument. It's not nothing. Taxes don't take too much out of that, and the real issue is the money people spend on luxuries. You said it yourself: money for school. I'm sorry, but I always went to public school, and so will my kids. Private school is not a necessity, it's a luxury. Same is eating out at restaurants, or going on vacations once, twice, or three times a year. Same is having a housekeeper or a live-in sitter or a cook. Same is having the newest technology, the newest TV, the newest Apple product. People act like they NEED that money to sustain that kind of lifestyle: they don't. They should be thankful for the ability to sustain a luxury lifestyle, not justifying the amount they make as a necessity. I don't have a problem with a family taking in $250k a year, paying their fair share in taxes, etc., as long as they don't try to justify that $250k is what you HAVE to be making.

Secondly, no rich people are getting "killed." Inequality is worse than ever; the rich have nothing to worry about...cept maybe a class war.

For a family $100k is nothing.... And I'm sorry what do you consider to be "not too much" in terms of taxes??

And yes, I said money for school, as in college. With the way tuition is rising these days, families need to get a head start with a 529 plan.

As for your other comments, people work hard for their money and they should be able to spend it as they see fit and not feel guilty because they're not poor or feel like they need to justify their spending. It is their money to do as they see fit. The ones that need to justify their spending are the ones leeching off of the system and leeching off of hard working upper middle class and middle class taxpayers. It is one thing to fall on hard times and another to just be lazy like these folks who flock here expecting us to pay for them.

Being fair VG8 you living in NYC and view America with a Northeast point of view. $100,000 living in places like Alabama, La. West Virgina and other poorer states in midwest and deep south can buy a house in nicest part of town.

You forget the cost of living issue in NYC and also places on both coasts like Boston, Washington DC and San Francisco. $100,000 annual salary in Alabama and you considered "upper middle class." In NYC however just slightly above middle class. Just had to clairfy.

Being fair VG8 you living in NYC and view America with a Northeast point of view. $100,000 living in places like Alabama, La. West Virgina and other poorer states in midwest and deep south can buy a house in nicest part of town.

You forget the cost of living issue in NYC and also places on both coasts like Boston, Washington DC and San Francisco. $100,000 annual salary in Alabama and you considered "upper middle class." In NYC however just slightly above middle class. Just had to clairfy.

Which is why this whole $250k argument is so bs. Do any of these politicians that are in favor of ending the taxcuts for people around this level understand how little it goes in high taxing states like NY? What about if they were small business owners? Talk about punishment... how about cutting government waste first and then tax the 'rich'. Cut the waste and then states won't be so deep in red ink and might not have to tax people so much. Over taxing would just drive people to other places where tax rates are much lower and dries up the source of revenue.

At the very least, if I were to be charged that much from my income, I'd like a checklist about which programs/service I want to send my money towards...

Well of course it is but I was clearly talking about NYC. Let's face it... Everything is going up here so $100k for a family here isn't what it used to be and we're getting nickeled and dimed to death, hence why you have families relocating to the South where costs are cheaper as well as taxes in some cases.

That's true of every nation on earth. And unlikely to change. I'm sorry, but being as poor as I am, I have no sympathy for rich people saying they pay too much in taxes when they can afford all the luxuries of a comfortable life.

Agreed. They have some nerve to fight back with some weak argument when the tax rates were damn near 91% years ago before it was lowered drastically

Oh please... They're giving us back crumbs... Crumbs!!!

ROFLMAO!!! I just love you! Seriously, you should let me buy you dinner or a drink one day. 10,000 posts later, I have just got to meet the man behind the keyboard. I can't even be mad at you for being who you are, I just would love nothing more than to be able to sit down with you and have a friendly chat about the good old world, and city (worlds greatest) we live in....

Carry on...

ROFLMAO!!! I just love you! Seriously, you should let me buy you dinner or a drink one day. 10,000 posts later, I have just got to meet the man behind the keyboard. I can't even be mad at you for being who you are, I just would love nothing more than to be able to sit down with you and have a friendly chat about the good old world, and city (worlds greatest) we live in....

Carry on...

Hey WOR-AM (in case you dont know a local NYC talkradio station) is always near last place in local radio ratings. They could a younger audience to compete with WABC-AM by hiring VG8. A radio show to listen to. Maybe teach us some cooking lessons. :lol:

Carry on...

You wouldn't be the first who has asked to meet me in person... :lol:

To Be Honest, most People Now a days have kids just to collect checks, Mothers have kids, then they clam their homeless then NYC feels so damn bad for them, I personaly don't, you got real poor people out there who are busting thier asses while these scumbags come here open their legs and have kids, then they clam they can't afford anything, Like 9218 said people CAN afford certain things if people don't SPEND their money on Bullshit, but enough is enough its so bad that women go out in the subways WITH their damn children and beg for money (its a damn scam) its annoying and sad to see that type of stuff

That's what I'm saying! What about the poor working class that always seem to get the short end of the stick? Paying high taxes, barely able to make rent, because of ridiculously low paying jobs? And many of them trying to go to school at that paying tuition fees? That's a definite glass ceiling such ones need to shatter and that's a tall order.

As a disclaimer I'm not hating on the wealthy. Of course I'm striving to get into the upper middle class income bracket myself. But yeah there are many people who have money and so refuse to accept the fact that there are honest hard working people out there who are struggling. And who are not on welfare. It's like they refuse to sort of speak think out of the box, they rather look the other way. I think that's what I'm trying to say.

Archived