Chick-Fill-A Appreciation Day

Tokkemon

Touted by Mike Huckabee as a way to show support for family values, he declared tomorrow, August 1, 2012, to be "Chick-Fill-A Appreciation Day" and encouraged people everywhere to go and "eat mor chikin."

http://www.facebook.com/events/266281243473841/

What do you think about the whole controversy as of late? Will you be attending?

Am I right in that there's no other threads about Chick-Fil-A on here? Seemed a bit odd given all the play its getting in the media and all the Facebook flame wars it's created.

nada! I thought about posting but thought about a possible flame war here on a highly controversial like gay marriage so was hoping someone else posted it. Anyone can reply but hopefully we can have a mature chat about it.

i will be going. I have no problem with gay marraige, but, at least for the time being, its still America where people have the right to their opinions. If you dont agree, go to KFC. Ant the 4 punk mayors, Rahm Emmanuel of Chicago, thomas Mennino of Boston, edwin lee of San Francisco, and Luke Ravenstahl of Pittsburgh are going to block new franchises in their cities. Notice how 'progressives' are the most intolerant when it comes to Free speech rites. It makes me sick

Joe

Never ate at Chick Fil A, always heard it's good, always pass it in the Menlo Park Mall food court, and now I really want to go there because of this whole issue. FFS this is America, the owners/executives of Chick Fil A are entitled to their beliefs, and boycotting a business over what a few people in the company believe is ridiculous. The opinions of the CEO don't mean anything about the rest of the company, that guy making you a chicken sandwich or the guy at the counter could very well be a homosexual. It'd be one thing if they were discriminating against gays, but this is just what the CEO believes and he is entitled to believe what he wants under our great Constitution.

So, if the gay community still wants to boycott, that's what they want to do and they have the right to voice their opinion / choose where to shop just as much as others do, but I'm not gonna spend my money elsewhere just because of a person's belief.

I may very well drop by Menlo Park tomorrow for a chicken sandwich, and it's not gonna be from Wendy's.

I'm glad someone started a topic about this. I will say that I am neutral on the gay marriage issue, but I am against government officials trying to block franchises from entering cities because they are pro gay marriage. Just because the president of the company is against it, doesn't mean every franchise owner would be the same. If I read the quote correctly somewhere, the person only said he was against the idea of gay marriage, but I don't think it stated that gays were not welcomed. Even Bloomberg agreed that what Boston did in banning this chain was going too far.

Christine Quinn, I dunno if she's emotionally compromised [not objective] because she is gay, well this seems like it's showing her true colors in trying to kick out the Chik-fil-a out of NYU. She's going to be just as bad as Bloomberg in terms of wanting governmental control....

What happened to all the tolerance talks? How about let money talk? If people are so against this chain because of one person's opinion, they can choose to go elsewhere. This news can also cause a reverse effect in other states [if there aren't many] in gaining more support. Honestly, I haven't seen many restaurants or even knew of this chain except for the few billboards along the highway. So in a way, this is giving them more media attention than they've probably ever gotten.

Never ate at Chick Fil A, always heard it's good, always pass it in the Menlo Park Mall food court, and now I really want to go there because of this whole issue.

The sandwiches from Chick Fil A are indeed good. I remember during summer school in my high school years they served those for lunch.

As much as I am a vocal supporter of LGBT and Gay Marriage. The Hollywood Chick-Fil-A management team who share my Vocal support assured me that it can still be okay to go into a Chick-Fil-A. for LGBT supporters Though obviously I'll still eat there, I'll not go as much as I used to.

Still, I need my Fried Chicken in one way or another!

Why is anyone surprised? Dan Cathy (Chick-fil-A President) is a devout Southern Baptist whose beliefs heavily influence the way he runs the company. Part of that Southern Baptist belief is that Sunday is the "day of rest" (why Chick-fil-A is closed on Sunday) and that marriage should be between one man and one woman (why he is against same-sex marriage).

Looks like the gay community wants to be hated more, more attention to there case I guess , Which isn't helping just giving them free adverting on there part. They saying they want equal right then why are they try to shut Chick fil down all because they believe in something they don't agree with, specially one CEO that doesn't represent the company as a hole .It there opinion. you can't force all people in this country to agree you on Gay marriage, I don't agree with gay marriage but it's not my business to interfere with others in who they want to marry.you want to marry the same Gender? fine, do I agree? no it my opinion, if you don't like my opinion fine, but I respect you as individual. it a shame that these mayors of there city's that said that day won't want chick fil in there city all because they are just trying to get votes from the gay community.

Jon stewart of the daily show said it best about the mayor of Chicago,

''You won't let Chick fil in but gambling and corruption is just fine''.

Exactly^

Yes, all this banning stuff has given more publicity for that chain. But good lord, banning it because people didn't like what one person said? It's not like he ever said "gays not welcomed". Then that would've been an entirely different matter.

Some of those politicians should be more worried about their own problems like rising crime rates. I hope the voters votes them out of office. Intolerance for intolerance? smh. Real liberals would be open to all opinions even if they don't like it.

The result:

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_c1

It seems like several restaurants were packed to the brim with people trying to get their "chikin." Obviously a huge success. Reactions?

Glad to see all the support. Wish I could go up to Menlo myself but couldn't today. Definitely plan on eating at Chick Fil A soon though.

I await Foxie reaction since he a big "fan" of Chick-Fill and this "Controversy" on their stance against Gay Marriage?

I woulda went and gotten a chicken sammich from them for lunch if they had a location on Long Island. not manhattan, not jersey, Long Island!

I could care less what the founder thinks, they make great food. Wayyyy better than KFC. I wound up having the W burger at wendys today. There has not been any evidence of any discrimination at any of their stores. Stupid overeactions like this is going to hurt the public image of liberal activists

I woulda went and gotten a chicken sammich from them for lunch if they had a location on Long Island. not manhattan, not jersey, Long Island!

I could care less what the founder thinks, they make great food. Wayyyy better than KFC. I wound up having the W burger at wendys today. There has not been any evidence of any discrimination at any of their stores. Stupid overeactions like this is going to hurt the public image of liberal activists

"Liberal activists" already have a bad image IMO. They're so quick to label everyone as homophobic. People who disagree with same-sex marriage get labeled as homophobes immediately, even if they support LGBT rights otherwise. Look at this whole thing with Chick Fil A, the guy only says he's against same-sex marriage and people label him as homophobic and start boycotting his company. Did he ever say he was for discrimination/bullying of homosexuals, let alone say he hated them as people? No, he simply said that he believes marriage is between a man and a woman, and frankly I agree with him. Of course, I am completely against discrimination and bullying of homosexuals, and I support gays having the same basic rights as anyone else otherwise. I am NOT a homophobe.

What ever happened to the Constitution? smh

"Liberal activists" already have a bad image IMO. They're so quick to label everyone as homophobic. People who disagree with same-sex marriage get labeled as homophobes immediately, even if they support LGBT rights otherwise. Look at this whole thing with Chick Fil A, the guy only says he's against same-sex marriage and people label him as homophobic and start boycotting his company. Did he ever say he was for discrimination/bullying of homosexuals, let alone say he hated them as people? No, he simply said that he believes marriage is between a man and a woman.

Mods, I'm not being allowed to edit that post, and I would appreciate it if you can make it look like how it is above (with the parts about my opinion removed). I'm not afraid to voice my opinion, however I 1. don't want to start a fight and 2. don't want my life ruined, sadly some people out there will literally ruin your life over your opinion. Also if this post can be removed as well once that is done it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks guys! And sorry if I sounded hateful/homophobic in that post, I truly am not a homophobe nor do I support the bullying/discrimination of the LGBT community.

Archived