Microsoft Store coming soon to White Plains and Huntington, NY

Very soon. I'm very sure Microsoft has the Apple stores in Manhattan on target. On another note I would like to see how they are going to make sales over a disaster of an OS called Windows 8?

I know that Apple through their stores can make signifigant profits with those in the corporate world and those who own small businesses, as well as with everyday consumers with hardware and software sales as well as the tech support services they offer. However I can't see Microsoft matching up to it exactly because they will be pushing Windows 8 which I predict will miserably fail. Most people in the business world are opting to stick with Windows 7 as the new Windows XP because of it's versatility it offers which is of high value with IT professionals.

Maybe it could take off in the consumer market with tablet PC's. But I doubt it. Look at what happened when Microsoft released Windows Vista.

I am probably going to join another store opening, but this time Microsoft instead of Apple, I'll see how things go. But looking forward to see how these babies pan out.

On another note, I think we should make an universal thread on Microsoft Stores around the tristate area, instead of a topic on Connecticut, New Jersey and Ontario, and a separate one on Stores in New York State. May I suggest a merge of this thread with this one and a full renaming to "Microsoft Store openings in the NYC and Toronto Metro Area." and perhaps pin it? NOTE to staff: Just place the comments above under my original thread, however execute a rename, thank you.:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34514-microsoft-store-coming-to-new-jersey-connecticut/

Archived