(AUS) Around Melbourne.

Pakenhamtrain

G'day all.

Just a few Shots from around the City and the Eastern bits of melbourne.

img0427yk.jpg

Parked on 9 road Dandenong is a tamper.

img0439qq.jpg

Traveling down Swanston Street with a route 16 to Kew is D1.3533

img0442j.jpg

Following right behind is D1.3505 with a 72 to Camberwell.

img0447n.jpg

Darting across Swanston Street is NationalBus 960(Scania K230UB/Custom Coaches CB60 EVO II) with a 906 DART service to City/Lonsdale Street

img0461d.jpg

Traveling up Swanston Street is Z3.195 with a Route 8

img0476ck.jpg

With a 5 to Malvern is Z2.101

img0497xw.jpg

Departing Box Hill with a Belgrav e service is X'trapolis 144M.

img0501ly.jpg

Laying over at the Box Hill bus interchange is an unknown Ventura Scania L94UB/Custom Coaches CB60 C-Max.

img0503u.jpg

Parked up in Lonsdale having completed a 905 DART service is NationalBus 969(Scania K230UB/Custom Coaches CB60 EVO II)

img0513dgq.jpg

On the other side of the road is NationalBus 947(Scania K230UB/Custom Coaches CB60 EVO II)

img0514dh.jpg

Behind 947 is NationalBus 682(MAN 18.310/Custom Coaches "CB80")

img0552sx.jpg

The old meets the new at Eltham. X'trapolis 97M is at the head of a Flinders Street bound train whilst Semaphore signal Post 4 is in the proceed posiiton. The section between Greensbrough and Eltham is controlled by minature electric staff and is the last of they type in the state. The line from Eltham to Hurstbridge is controlled by staff and ticket.

img0561ts.jpg

Looking down a MK2 X'trapolis M car.

img0564dd.jpg

Out the window on the Hustrbridge Line

img0578pz.jpg

In the yard a Southern Cross.

img0583um.jpg

Various trackwork for the Regional Rail Link project

img0589c.jpg

Going over the Latrobe Street bridge is Restrant tram SW6.964

img0595np.jpg

In the other direction is B2.2134 about to terminate with 86A to Ethiad Stadium.

• 2 weeks later...

Great pics and vids! How do you pay for the Light Rail/Streetcar

On board the tram there is a ticket machine. Although if you have a train or bus ticket within the right Zone(s) you can travel on it. Our ticket systems (Metcard and Myki) are multi modal.

It's all going to change when Myki comes in fully. Metcard machines arn't being replaced with thier Myki counterparts despite a wearhouse full of them.

• 1 month later...

Wow amazing stuff. I have a really good friend that lives there. She told me to visit so I am considering it next year. How did you like it? I know it's winter there since its south of the equator. You recommend? I always wanted to visit Sydney as well. Hope you enjoyed it. The equipment looks good & as usual more advanced than ours.

How did I like it. Well I would be a bit bias seeing as I live here. I would reccomend coming down under.

There's plenty to do from a transport persective. Going for a Ride on a W class is a must. Although the City Circle can be a bit squishy at times. They run on the 30 and 78 during weekdays and both those routes arn't that busy.

The train and tram fleets both look better than they did about 5 years ago.

Sydney is also nice aswell. Different to Melbourne with double decker trains and all that.

Archived