More L train Delays

azspeedbullet

After getting to work an hour late, i find it odd how the MTA twitter account has no mention about the L train delays this morning. I was on a train this morning where around 8:25am; a stalled train between Montrose and Morgan ave was caused by automate brake failure. After 25 minutes the train moved onwards, at Montrose ave it was supposed to be express to 1st ave which didn’t happen, it made all of the stops. As the train approached Bedford ave, it got held up due to mechanical problems which were resolved in 10 minutes. Then at 3rd ave, the train was again stuck at the station due to technical problems. It took about 1 hour and 15 minutes to go from DeKalb Ave to 3rd ave. I don’t know what happen after 3rd ave because I took the M15 to work and noticed a lot of people were walking from 3rd ave to Union Square

After getting to work an hour late, i find it odd how the MTA twitter account has no mention about the L train delays this morning. I was on a train this morning where around 8:25am; a stalled train between Montrose and Morgan ave was caused by automate brake failure. After 25 minutes the train moved onwards, at Montrose ave it was supposed to be express to 1st ave which didn’t happen, it made all of the stops. As the train approached Bedford ave, it got held up due to mechanical problems which were resolved in 10 minutes. Then at 3rd ave, the train was again stuck at the station due to technical problems. It took about 1 hour and 15 minutes to go from DeKalb Ave to 3rd ave. I don’t know what happen after 3rd ave because I took the M15 to work and noticed a lot of people were walking from 3rd ave to Union Square

They have to do immediate surgery on that train! You were on this train?

At least you got there! Whew! If you would of known you could of taken the (L) to the (M) to the (F) at Essex. You could of hopped off at 2nd Ave and took the M15 SBS from there. The (L) should have skip-stop or an express track should be built.

OMG, they had to do instant surgery.

They have to do immediate surgery on that train! You were on this train?

Yes i was..and here is another story too about my trip:

Once the train started moving, an announcement was made that the next stop will be Montrose Ave and then express to 1st Ave. At Montrose Ave, an announcement was made that the next stop will be Graham Ave then 1st Ave. At Graham Ave, an announcement was made that the next stop will be Grand St. At Grand St, the led strip map was edited to show that it will make all stop to 8th Ave. Trains stopped at Lormier St and before it got Bedford Ave, the train stalled again. 10 minutes later, it pulls into Bedford Ave. Announcement was made that the next stop be 8th Ave, skipping the rest of the stations. As the train was crawling towards 1st Ave at a slow speed, an announcement was made that train will make a station stop at 1st Ave then 8Th Ave. Train Stopped at 1st Ave, the usually announcement comes that the next and last stop will be 8th Ave. Train pulls into 3rd Ave station which was odd since I thought it was supposed to skipping stops. At 3rd Ave, an announcement was made that due to problems (mechanical /technical/track whatever) the train will be held in the station. At that point, I gave up and followed the crowd towards the exit. A lot of people were walking towards Union Square while I went to 2nd Ave to catch the M15 SBS to work

---

edit: @jimmy7train when i left my house i checked mta.info and it said the L train was running in Good Service. I caught my 8:15ish train on time, thinking nothing will go wrong. Then it went down hill once it got stopped in the tunnel between the two stations. Also, if i knew the L train was not working i could of walked to the M train to the J train and get off at Broad St. I should of did what i see a few people did on Twitter and get off at Bedford and take the east river ferry to wall st/lower manhattan

Archived