Straphangers: Q line the best (surprise!), the C is the worst (again)

IntExp

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The (C) has been the lowest ranked for a few years hasn't it? I think it is cuz of the R32s no doubt...

The (C) has been using old trains for a while and in many cases before me or you were even born. A few new cars have popped up on the C here and there in the late 70s and early 80s, but the majority of the time they had old subway cars.

With the R32s on the (A) every summer, I think they might have less breakdate rates once they go back to the (C). And that's because they're getting SMS'ed. I dunno maybe I'm wrong, But I really hate people bashing the R32s, they just need SMS as well as nightly maintance and their A/C has to function better when on the (A) at the Rockaways. It's kinda obvious that NYCTA is not doing a good job at tne maintaining them every night when the (C) isn't running.

Lastly are Straphangers refering to the breakdowns of the R32s, R46s, or both on the (C)?

YOU took the words right out my mouth, how in the hell is the Q the best line, and the (C) uses R46's, if you believe straphangers, then something is wrong, they pull this Bullshit every year just to trigger the politics, and the (E)'s R160's runs worse than the (F)'s, they breakdown more than the ones on the (F), of course everyone gonna bash the R32's, right now on the (A) line the R32's are making to R46's run for its money, meaning the R32's are doing better than the R46's mainly because the R46's are being runned to death on the (A), the R46's on the (R) runs great, what they need to do is just send the R32's somewhere else, to a yard that had em before, the R32's won't be going anywhere any time soon, (i know what they are gonna do with em) Jamaica would be the best choice due to the way they run the R32's on the (F)/® line during rush hours, and most of the R32's on the (A) goes to lefferts instead of the rockaways, so i don't think next summer they will be doing this and on top of that once the R32 SMS is done expect changes

Why would they send old cars to another depot? You don't know what they're doing with them, you have no proof, so don't make wild assumptions...

dude I KNOW what they are gonna do with them, its called Im gonna keep my mouth shut and wait until it happens, You haven't been on here enough nor seen the things that I have wrote and said what was gonna happen in the past, almost everything that came out my mouth has happened, the R44 retirement I knew before everyone knew, its just i kept my mouth shut certain things you just can spill out on a public forum

dude I KNOW what they are gonna do with them, its called Im gonna keep my mouth shut and wait until it happens, You haven't been on here enough nor seen the things that I have wrote and said what was gonna happen in the past, almost everything that came out my mouth has happened, the R44 retirement I knew before everyone knew, its just i kept my mouth shut certain things you just can spill out on a public forum

Yeah right. The R32's on the (E)? R160's on the (C)? Yeah, you were always right... <_<

and just to let you guys know, I just got off an R32, Clean SMS'ed and fast as hell, so they ARE improving while the R46's and R142A's on the (6) are becoming very unreliable

Yeah right. The R32's on the (E)? R160's on the (C)? Yeah, you were always right... <_<

and you see why people get on your case, like i said certain thing you can't just bring up on here, i keep certain info to myself

and just to let you guys know, I just got off an R32, Clean SMS'ed and fast as hell, so they ARE improving while the R46's and R142A's on the (6) are becoming very unreliable

and you see why people get on your case, like i said certain thing you can't just bring up on here, i keep certain info to myself

And this kind of false info is why people get on your case. Don't ruin this thread with it...

Because the express needs to be faster than the local, or they'd be no point in having the express in the first place. And yes, 10 TPH to the Rockaways is that important. It's they're only local connection to Midtown, or you have to take the Q52/53 to Elmhurst for the Queens Blvd Lines. If you've never been out there, don't make assumptions. And don't even bring UP the (C) to Lefferts unless you want this thread locked.

Or you can just take the LIRR. And yes, I know it's more expensive than the (A) but hey, it IS a reliable alternative and you're assured of a seat.

@R32 You can't just send 'em to another depot unless that depot knows how to maintain 'em.

Jamaica,CI and ENY has alot of experince with SMEE cars, its gonna come to a point where a few R32's are gonna be place elsewhere anyway and no the R32's aren't going back to the (E)

ahhhhhhh.gif

YOU took the words right out my mouth, how in the hell is the Q the best line, and the (C) uses R46's, if you believe straphangers, then something is wrong, they pull this Bullshit every year just to trigger the politics,

"Trigger the politics"??? What? What's the point of that? Look, they collected data and found that the (Q) ranks better than the other lines in various areas. END OF STORY. There's no ulterior motive.

and the (E)'s R160's runs worse than the (F)'s, they breakdown more than the ones on the (F),

Where the hell do you get these ideas from??? How do you know? And moreover, what point does it prove?? They both come from Jamaica yard, and are maintained by the same people...

of course everyone gonna bash the R32's, right now on the (A) line the R32's are making to R46's run for its money, meaning the R32's are doing better than the R46's mainly because the R46's are being runned to death on the (A),

facepalm.gifAs I said before, what makes the (A) a more "demanding" line than the (F), where you previously said the R46s "run better" (whatever the heck that's supposed to mean)? And once again, where do you get this information from? Unless you live in the subway or something 24/7 :lol:, how do you have enough experience to learn this much about which trains are better?

the R46's on the (R) runs great, what they need to do is just send the R32's somewhere else, to a yard that had em before,

*sigh*

Why???

the R32's won't be going anywhere any time soon, (i know what they are gonna do with em) Jamaica would be the best choice due to the way they run the R32's on the (F)/® line during rush hours,

Where did you hear all of this?

and most of the R32's on the (A) goes to lefferts instead of the rockaways, so i don't think next summer they will be doing this and on top of that once the R32 SMS is done expect changes

You always like to say, "expect changes"...Let me guess: you think the R32s are going to the (B)...Oh, and we HAVE to believe you because you just so perfectly predicted the R160s coming to the (B), right??? :rolleyes:

How in the world does "clean" and "fast" = "reliable"? I'm really doubting the validity of your "judgements" about which trains are and aren't reliable...Especially since every single one of these predictions seems to involve your wonderful R32s or R160s going someplace...And you make unbased claims like "This train "runs better" on this line...

You've brought up plenty of stuff on here. Stop trying to make yourself look like you know what you're talking about by saying "oh, I have a brilliant prediction but I'm just not telling you."

And please don't accuse me of just "talking s****" about you, when all you've done is made unbased claims.

ahhhhhhh.gif

How in the world does "clean" and "fast" = "reliable"? I'm really doubting the validity of your "judgements" about which trains are and aren't reliable...Especially since every single one of these predictions seems to involve your wonderful R32s or R160s going someplace...And you make unbased claims like "This train "runs better" on this line...You've brought up plenty of stuff on here. Stop trying to make yourself look like you know what you're talking about by saying "oh, I have a brilliant prediction but I'm just not telling you."

And please don't accuse me of just "talking s****" about you, when all you've done is made unbased claims.

Its funny how all of you jump on me all because i said i know whats going on, ive been riding the (E)/(F) my whole life and I know how jamaica yard works, they throw the worst cars on the (E), same thing when the (E) had the R32's all the worst cars went to the (E), and yes the R46's are R142A's(the ones on the (6) are doing bad, its funny when other people post shit and trust me you guys fall for it, you guys don't bash that person, but when i say certain things all of you come at me like a pack of wolves, Like i said before I know whats going on, Im just not gonna open my big ass mouth to abunch of countless foamers, theres a reason why certain things are not posted on public forums, even people who work in the TA don't tell us everything on here, certain things you keep quiet and not for nothing i don't need to make a name for myself, i don't give a damn about attention on here, because certain things that I had brought up in the past most of you a**holes bashed me when i said the R44's were going, and guess what they were retierd a year later

Its funny how all of you jump on me all because i said i know whats going on,

Yeah, because we don't trust you...You've provided nothing but baseless claims here.

ive been riding the (E)/(F) my whole life and I know how jamaica yard works, they throw the worst cars on the (E), same thing when the (E) had the R32's all the worst cars went to the (E),

How do you define "worst cars"?

and yes the R46's are R142A's(the ones on the (6) are doing bad, its funny when other people post shit and trust me you guys fall for it, you guys don't bash that person, but when i say certain things all of you come at me like a pack of wolves,

Any examples??? From my experience, you're the only one on NYCTF who tries to make these "predictions"...

Like i said before I know whats going on, Im just not gonna open my big ass mouth to abunch of countless foamers, theres a reason why certain things are not posted on public forums, even people who work in the TA don't tell us everything on here,

HOW DO YOU KNOW??? For god's sake, I keep asking you, "How do you know?" and you always respond with, "Trust me, I know."

certain things you keep quiet and not for nothing i don't need to make a name for myself, i don't give a damn about attention on here,

No, I think you've already made a name for yourself...

because certain things that I had brought up in the past most of you a**holes bashed me when i said the R44's were going, and guess what they were retierd a year later

You always like to bring up the R44s whenever somebody questions your predictions...It makes it seem like it's the only thing you've gotten right (whether that's true or not)...And there are other things that we can tell you've gotten wrong (like the R160s on the (B)).

Oh, and if you used punctuation and didn't curse every other line, people would take your ideas more seriously.

I know some of you don't like the R32, but I'll give the train type a fighting argument:

As bad as the R32 might be at 48 years old, the R38. R40, and R44 were worse. That is why the 32's are running and these other train types are not running. I know there is an argument about TheSubwayStation bringing up the R44's, but the other two train types mentioned before were retired for a reason. The R32's are just that much more reliable than its immediate successors. While the reliablilty may not be good compared to the new trains the 32's are the longest-running R-type trains ever. That level of longevity by itself should be a testament to the R32's reliability. Let me remind everyone that the R32 was built in an era where trains were built to last 35 years. Once these trains retire around 2017 or so the trains would be in service for 53 years! That is nearly twenty more years than the trains were built to last!!! These trains are one of the three most noteworthy R-type trains of all time (along with the Redbirds and the R1-9) because of that amazing longevity and because it was the first big order of stainless steel trains for the NYC Subway.

I know some of you don't like the R32, but I'll give the train type a fighting argument:

As bad as the R32 might be at 48 years old, the R38. R40, and R44 were worse. That is why the 32's are running and these other train types are not running. I know there is an argument about TheSubwayStation bringing up the R44's, but the other two train types mentioned before were retired for a reason. The R32's are just that much more reliable than its immediate successors. While the reliablilty may not be good compared to the new trains the 32's are the longest-running R-type trains ever. That level of longevity by itself should be a testament to the R32's reliability. Let me remind everyone that the R32 was built in an era where trains were built to last 35 years. Once these trains retire around 2017 or so the trains would be in service for 53 years! That is nearly twenty more years than the trains were built to last!!! These trains are one of the three most noteworthy R-type trains of all time (along with the Redbirds and the R1-9) because of that amazing longevity and because it was the first big order of stainless steel trains for the NYC Subway.

Exactly, The R38's were reliable as well, some of them wold have still be in service if it wasnt for an idiot TA superviosr, they were gonna bring back the remaining R38's that were stored in concourse yard but someone fount out and said scrap em, the R42's days are numbered, they won't be getting SMS'ed anything can happen to them, as for the R32's they were reliable, but now that the barns pay attention to the newer cars, they don't give a crap about the R32's hence their issues and on top of that the MTA layed off alot of people who worked on the subway cars syatem wide, thats why alot of subway cars are not doing good now

I'm certainly not trying to say that the R32s aren't great cars. I'm just saying that I'm not trusting R32 3838's baseless claims about which trains are "running better" and which lines they would "run better" on.

Another thing I dislike about the Strappie Report is that they are unwilling to give the (MTA) credit for anything. For example, they say that the breakdown rate is decreased, but that is only due to the new trains. This is not fully true, because the older trains (including the mentioned R32's and R42's) are going through Scheduled Maitenance Service. I wish the strappies weren't so focused on criticising the (MTA) and actually gave them credit for not reverting to an era of deferred maitenance, even with budget constraints.

Another thing I dislike about the Strappie Report is that they are unwilling to give the (MTA) credit for anything. For example, they say that the breakdown rate is decreased, but that is only due to the new trains. This is not fully true, because the older trains (including the mentioned R32's and R42's) are going through Scheduled Maitenance Service. I wish the strappies weren't so focused on criticising the (MTA) and actually gave them credit for not reverting to an era of deferred maitenance, even with budget constraints.

Exactly, They can't give the (MTA) a break. All they wan't to do is criticize. They expect a perfect transit system and that's never gonna happen. They don't understand that the (MTA) needs money to do this and they don't clarify why each train is bad. To them, if it's not an R62 and above it's crap.

Also, R32 3838, we ALL knew R44 retirement was coming. They were pieces of crap. The (MTA) is never gonna buy anything from Pullman Standard again.

Exactly, They can't give the (MTA) a break. All they wan't to do is criticize. They expect a perfect transit system and that's never gonna happen. They don't understand that the (MTA) needs money to do this and they don't clarify why each train is bad. To them, if it's not an R62 and above it's crap.

Also, R32 3838, we ALL knew R44 retirement was coming. They were pieces of crap. The (MTA) is never gonna buy anything from Pullman Standard again.

The R46's came from Pullman Standard, not the R44's.

I agree completely with the lasted above posts. Its freaking annoying every time whenever these "so-called" reports released, all I hear is the usual "the (L) train is the BEST!!! the (C) SUCKS BIG TIME AGAIN!!!!" and nothing positive ever gets said. The only reason is those lines ( (L)(Q) etc etc) have new cars while most lines have old cars that are in their late 30s or late 40s and less old trains that are in their early-mid 30s. At least they better start to know why the remaining 222 R32s and 50 R42s are still running in service...

Archived