Training and Schoolcar...

DOB2RTO

Yes you did! Just to tell you how rough its going to get I will have 4 Years in title and the best RDO's I can get is Thur/Fri PM's QNS only and it was the last slot. However I took M/T its the second pick I could take it. I been Mostly Tues/Wed.
Wow..M/T RDO's are pretty decent tho but to wait 4 years is rough!It takes about 7 years to get part of the weekends on PM's correct?

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow..M/T RDO's are pretty decent tho but to wait 4 years is rough!It takes about 7 years to get part of the weekends on PM's correct?

More than 7 years. In 4 years even on the p.m.'s you will most likely only be able to get t/w or w/t. On the am's to get a piece of the weekend right now it's 16 years. I think for the p.m's in the B it's about 10 years and that's most likely if you pick the extra list in queens.

Your road extra number will tell you alot. That's how many people in front of you waiting to pick a job for the first time.

Its will take us more time to get part of the Weekend then it use to. I remember when I was a C/R my T/O with 5 years in title had S/M PM's (6) Line. However she got to be T/O before they started given the exam O/C. Now you got lots of T/O's just not going any where so for us it will be even longer. Like I said me right I can only Pick M/T , T/W,W/T and Just Barely T/F In QNS only. Also in the South I still can't get M/T.

Its will take us more time to get part of the Weekend then it use to. I remember when I was a C/R my T/O with 5 years in title had S/M PM's (6) Line. However she got to be T/O before they started given the exam O/C. Now you got lots of T/O's just not going any where so for us it will be even longer. Like I said me right I can only Pick M/T , T/W,W/T and Just Barely T/F In QNS only. Also in the South I still can't get M/T.

The IRT is different. You can get a piece of the weekend sooner over there on the p.m.'s. I know a guy with 7 years in title who just picked over there this pick and he might have gotten S/S if not it was S/M on the p.m.'s extra list.

It all depends on where you fall on the list. I was road extra for 3 years the guys right in front of me were rx for 4 years, but for the last 3-4 years I've heard of T/O's picking jobs in less than 2 years.

More than 7 years. In 4 years even on the p.m.'s you will most likely only be able to get t/w or w/t. On the am's to get a piece of the weekend right now it's 16 years. I think for the p.m's in the B it's about 10 years and that's most likely if you pick the extra list in queens.

Your road extra number will tell you alot. That's how many people in front of you waiting to pick a job for the first time.

That's serious right there...Oh well,I just gotta grind it out then.(Pay Dues)

• 2 weeks later...

hehe...I don't hear someone complaining about their hours...:)....I guess membership has it's priviledges, btw I see you got my favorite switching job outta Lefferts...I've been to Pitkin 7 days already...kinda like it there now, better than getting sent all over the system .

hehe...I don't hear someone complaining about their hours...;)....I guess membership has it's priviledges, btw I see you got my favorite switching job outta Lefferts...I've been to Pitkin 7 days already...kinda like it there now, better than getting sent all over the system .
WELL,WELL,WELL what do we have here?? Thanx for picking up the phone..:confused: I wanted to ask you about that job but I guess you thought I was a bill collector! Yeh,that job is cool.You sign in,chill out for an hour or so and get a lay-up to Pitkin Yard.I've been to Jamaica Yard about 90% of the time tho..I'm getting REAL dirty in the yard,my gloves look like the bottom of a car mechanic's shoes..lol I hope to get some road jobs soon because I'm becoming an OLD-HEAD sitting around hoping that phone doesn't ring in the crew room for a move!B) AY,AY....."I HIT SIGNAL,I HIT SIGNAL IN RELAY!!" "I HIT SIGNAL"...lol ha! ha! WHOOOOOOOOOOO!! CLASSIC HUH??

Lol! Don't be talking about hitting signals at JYD your going to guys in white hats scoping out the YD. Some of you guys did hit the road. On my way home Early Sun Morning the T/O (E) was his first day on the road and first trip. So I knew it was going to be a long trip and the TSS was standing beside the cab door the whole time telling him everything he was doing wrong. Well good luck out there!!

Lol! Don't be talking about hitting signals at JYD your going to guys in white hats scoping out the YD. Some of you guys did hit the road. On my way home Early Sun Morning the T/O (E) was his first day on the road and first trip. So I knew it was going to be a long trip and the TSS was standing beside the cab door the whole time telling him everything he was doing wrong. Well good luck out there!!

The only thing worse than operating with a TSS that isn't a friend standing over you is working with a slow C/R.

Lol!!! Dave,NOT ME..I didn't hit nothing! I don't wanna see the White hats..:eek: The TSS's are out there on the prowl.I think sometimes they make people nervous.The TSS's I've had were cool,they just told me to be careful learn the job and don't be afraid to ask questions.I've heard diff Dispt's saying that the rookies are AFRAID to operate without a TSS.If you need a TSS to go with you on a move that yur NOT familiar with or take a trip with you it's O.K. But to ALWAYS ask for one all the time is crazee!To tell you the truth, some TSS's don't wanna be bothered.

WELL,WELL,WELL what do we have here?? Thanx for picking up the phone..:confused: I wanted to ask you about that job but I guess you thought I was a bill collector! Yeh,that job is cool.You sign in,chill out for an hour or so and get a lay-up to Pitkin Yard.I've been to Jamaica Yard about 90% of the time tho..I'm getting REAL dirty in the yard,my gloves look like the bottom of a car mechanic's shoes..lol I hope to get some road jobs soon because I'm becoming an OLD-HEAD sitting around hoping that phone doesn't ring in the crew room for a move!B) AY,AY....."I HIT SIGNAL,I HIT SIGNAL IN RELAY!!" "I HIT SIGNAL"...lol ha! ha! WHOOOOOOOOOOO!! CLASSIC HUH??

Glad to answer any question about job I did...anytime, provided I know its U..B)...I've been to JTD a few times actually missing you a few times by about an hour, mainly though at Pitkin as I feel like I've known these guys forever now...anyways I did get 2 road jobs...1st job ever...(A) from Far Rock to 207..scrapin' the wall as they say, on a slant 40...gotta love it...can't wait to tell Taylor, he's gonna die when I tell him:).

Glad to answer any question about job I did...anytime, provided I know its U..B)...I've been to JTD a few times actually missing you a few times by about an hour, mainly though at Pitkin as I feel like I've known these guys forever now...anyways I did get 2 road jobs...1st job ever...(A) from Far Rock to 207..scrapin' the wall as they say, on a slant 40...gotta love it...can't wait to tell Taylor, he's gonna die when I tell him:).
Yur Midnights?? My GOD...After that trip you should be a pro at hitting that 10 car mark..:cool: Well, at least you got a slant!:tup: I miss the "#1 MAN". You guys are lucky because I haven't got a road job yet.:confused: I live in JYD,I'm ready to move in..:) I've never seen so many R-46's in my life!! I'm starting to like them,we have become one..hee he

Yur Midnights?? My GOD...After that trip you should be a pro at hitting that 10 car mark..:cool: Well, at least you got a slant!:tup: I miss the "#1 MAN". You guys are lucky because I haven't got a road job yet.:confused: I live in JYD,I'm ready to move in..:) I've never seen so many R-46's in my life!! I'm starting to like them,we have become one..hee he

A couple of new T/O's messed up JYD tonight on the PM or Early Mid tour. The T/O stopped his train and asked for the line up. The Tower tells him you behind an Automatic. T/O requesting again to give then a line up. Tower tells him to Key by then trys taking power but he gapped. So they had to hold all the moves and lay ups and get a TSS out there to help get the train moving and to interview the T/O about Yard Proceedures.

A couple of new T/O's messed up JYD tonight on the PM or Early Mid tour. The T/O stopped his train and asked for the line up. The Tower tells him you behind an Automatic. T/O requesting again to give then a line up. Tower tells him to Key by then trys taking power but he gapped. So they had to hold all the moves and lay ups and get a TSS out there to help get the train moving and to interview the T/O about Yard Proceedures.
You see this is what the Yard Dispt. was telling me the other day.:) They told me the new people are messing up and are afraid to make moves.These are BASIC things that a T/O should know..I'm telling u,ALOT of people got passes in schoolcar.I was with a TSS in Pitkin Yard last week and he said someone out of my class(not my group) DID NOT know how to DUMP a RRRah 44!

You see this is what the Yard Dispt. was telling me the other day.:) They told me the new people are messing up and are afraid to make moves.These are BASIC things that a T/O should know..I'm telling u,ALOT of people got passes in schoolcar.I was with a TSS in Pitkin Yard last week and he said someone out of my class(not my group) DID NOT know how to DUMP a RRRah 44!

Yea, I know who it wuz....seems like their name is on at least 3 TSS's S#$t lists...

Archived