Training and Schoolcar...

DOB2RTO

You see this is what the Yard Dispt. was telling me the other day.:) They told me the new people are messing up and are afraid to make moves.These are BASIC things that a T/O should know..I'm telling u,ALOT of people got passes in schoolcar.I was with a TSS in Pitkin Yard last week and he said someone out of my class(not my group) DID NOT know how to DUMP a RRRah 44!

This really screws it up for the rest of us...at least the guys at Pitkin have confidence in me, i've been there 6-7 times already and have been giving me all the newbie moves while the other probies sit and relax...Oh well, practice can't hurt.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This really screws it up for the rest of us...at least the guys at Pitkin have confidence in me, i've been there 6-7 times already and have been giving me all the newbie moves while the other probies sit and relax...Oh well, practice can't hurt.
It's funny you said that because I'm getting known a little in JYD and the Dispt. said "yur the one that's not afraid to work here huh?" I'm like "NOPE,gotta learn some how." Then I ran downstairs before they gave me a move..:) I'm learning more and more about the trains in the yard.Last week in Pitkin I operated a train with a stuck master controller!What a POS..:tdown:

Do we have a nick-name for he/she??lol AY, AY "I HIT SIGNAL IN RELAY...I HIT SIGNAL!!" :) (Classic)

Yea, you hadda be there for that one...the TSS is lookin' at me like "did that guy just say that?...in front of a Superintendent.....I started laughing and the Superintendent whipped around to look at me but I couldn't help it...then the TSS pulled him aside and was like "listen, when you hit a signal or something you don't go on channel 5 news and broadcast it...especially on a relay track"...he was pissed...then he made me follow this guy all night to make sure he did everything correct...a true classic...as for the person with the R44 I would rather tell you in person..:)

You see this is what the Yard Dispt. was telling me the other day.B) They told me the new people are messing up and are afraid to make moves.These are BASIC things that a T/O should know..I'm telling u,ALOT of people got passes in schoolcar.I was with a TSS in Pitkin Yard last week and he said someone out of my class(not my group) DID NOT know how to DUMP a RRRah 44!

They do that with the O/C classes to show the program works and with PRO classes they send you back in the blink of an eye. Thats one of the reason I am helping to recruit some C/R's to the front. Oh yeah if you worked JYD Thur or Fri TSS are making all reporting T/O's to sign for YD Proceedures so you get a talking too and a Bulletin. I guess the Guy who didn't know how to dump a R44 was in the class of 10 with No Student or TSS had a brake handle on them to practice on R38's at Pitkin. Also CTL PM's still calls you guys students and when one of you guys lay up they are watched by a regular Switchman. When I came out it was totally diffrent we went strait to the RD our first day out Mine never for get it First day was on the (C) AM Rush Hour talk about sink or swim.

Yea, you hadda be there for that one...the TSS is lookin' at me like "did that guy just say that?...in front of a Superintendent.....I started laughing and the Superintendent whipped around to look at me but I couldn't help it...then the TSS pulled him aside and was like "listen, when you hit a signal or something you don't go on channel 5 news and broadcast it...especially on a relay track"...he was pissed...then he made me follow this guy all night to make sure he did everything correct...a true classic...as for the person with the R44 I would rather tell you in person..;)
Lol..yeah ya boy told me!B) I swear to you,I was CRYING when I heard that!!!!Ha Ha.....lol As far as the other person,I'll get that from you later.

They do that with the O/C classes to show the program works and with PRO classes they send you back in the blink of an eye. Thats one of the reason I am helping to recruit some C/R's to the front. Oh yeah if you worked JYD Thur or Fri TSS are making all reporting T/O's to sign for YD Proceedures so you get a talking too and a Bulletin. I guess the Guy who didn't know how to dump a R44 was in the class of 10 with No Student or TSS had a brake handle on them to practice on R38's at Pitkin. Also CTL PM's still calls you guys students and when one of you guys lay up they are watched by a regular Switchman. When I came out it was totally diffrent we went strait to the RD our first day out Mine never for get it First day was on the (C) AM Rush Hour talk about sink or swim.
WOW...Still baby sitting huh? You know what?I don't blame them,let a senior man show them the moves.I have a hundred Jamaica Yard procedure manuals.I got them in schoolcar and everytime I go, they give me one..:confused: I guess yur right,schoolcar HAS to work.

This weekend was a mess! You got all these GO's going on and I had to go from Parsons/E to F/179 for a switching job! Yessssss...Another switching job!:tdown: At 179,you had a MILLION switchman and most of them were LAZEEE!!! Christ... A train comes in and everyone's looking around to see who's gonna take the relay.You had 2 switchman from the E and 4 on the F of which 2 were doing O.T. I don't know why the Dispt. didn't break it up by letting the E guy's relay E's and F guys relay F's!!!:mad: 179 was a DIZZASTER!!!! These Sob's had road guys come in and relay their own trains which DID NOT make any sense because we had 15 MILLION OLD-HEADS farting around.(GO Figure)It was almost 5 hrs. into my tour and they tried to make me wait for lunch...:confused: NO WAY BRO!!! I'm going to lunch,you won't miss me...trust!

OK GUYS/GALS, ARE YOU READY FOR THIS???? SERIOUSLY......TAKE A SEAT BECAUSE YUR NOT GONNA BELIEVE THIS!!!! Ok,check it out...I was at 179st. doing a switching job right? Ok, so I'm sitting in the chair waiting for a relay to come in so the Dispt. tells track 3(southbound F to Euclid) to close down because they have the lights.The C/R closes down and I see the Head-lights from the F train at the south end come on!!!!! I can't believe it!!!! One of my classsmates(no my group) was charged up and ready to go in the WRONG DIRECTION!!!!!!! This guy was ready to take passengers into the RELAY!!!!!I kid you not!!! The Dispt. lost it!!! I could not believe my eyes..:eek: I'M NOT DONE......ARE YOU READY FOR THIS???? SIT DOWN,CHILL OUT BECAUSE YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS!!!! After the Dispt. yelled at this guy on the radio letting him know he's in the wrong cab,the guy leaves the cab walks out and minutes later,comes back in the WRONG cab AGAIN,charges up and was ready to take passengers in the RELAY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL....HA HA HA!!! The Dispt. went into a RAGE!!!!!! The Dispt. ran over to track 3 and I could see him giving the T/O the BUSINESSS!!! The Dispt. requested a TSS to meet that guy down the road and ride him all the way to Euclid!;) You can't make this stuff up!!!!! Stay tuned....

OK GUYS/GALS, ARE YOU READY FOR THIS???? SERIOUSLY......TAKE A SEAT BECAUSE YUR NOT GONNA BELIEVE THIS!!!! Ok,check it out...I was at 179st. doing a switching job right? Ok, so I'm sitting in the chair waiting for a relay to come in so the Dispt. tells track 3(southbound F to Euclid) to close down because they have the lights.The C/R closes down and I see the Head-lights from the F train at the south end come on!!!!! I can't believe it!!!! One of my classsmates(no my group) was charged up and ready to go in the WRONG DIRECTION!!!!!!! This guy was ready to take passengers into the RELAY!!!!!I kid you not!!! The Dispt. lost it!!! I could not believe my eyes..:eek: I'M NOT DONE......ARE YOU READY FOR THIS???? SIT DOWN,CHILL OUT BECAUSE YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS!!!! After the Dispt. yelled at this guy on the radio letting him know he's in the wrong cab,the guy leaves the cab walks out and minutes later,comes back in the WRONG cab AGAIN,charges up and was ready to take passengers in the RELAY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL....HA HA HA!!! The Dispt. went into a RAGE!!!!!! The Dispt. ran over to track 3 and I could see him giving the T/O the BUSINESSS!!! The Dispt. requested a TSS to meet that guy down the road and ride him all the way to Euclid!;) You can't make this stuff up!!!!! Stay tuned....

Wow and that is all I got to say. Did he get written up for that?

Now THAT you can't make up...wow, laughing right now as I read it for the 3rd time...instant classic!..I've done a few days of relays at Euclid and they were pretty organized, not like what U said about 179 but wait!!...had a G.O job last night on the (F) from Euclid to 179...I get to 179 and there are switchmen on platform to clean train down...I get the o.k to proceed into the hole, dump and change ends (how 'bout some double ends guys!!!), as I walk to the new operating position there were like 4 people STILL on the train...looked like characters right outta Michael Jackson's Thriller for gods sake!!...hey, I'm a scrawny guy, maybe 150 lbs wet...common, don't wanna see that in a deserted tunnel just me and some half crazed mental lunatic..:cry:

BTW, for any Dispatcher or senior motorman reading this stuff....we are all not like this dude..I repeat, we are all NOT like this dude...some of us do have brains...I see crap like this every day myself and think...rookie! and I'm only out 3 weeks!!! ;)

Now THAT you can't make up...wow, laughing right now as I read it for the 3rd time...instant classic!..I've done a few days of relays at Euclid and they were pretty organized, not like what U said about 179 but wait!!...had a G.O job last night on the (F) from Euclid to 179...I get to 179 and there are switchmen on platform to clean train down...I get the o.k to proceed into the hole, dump and change ends (how 'bout some double ends guys!!!), as I walk to the new operating position there were like 4 people STILL on the train...looked like characters right outta Michael Jackson's Thriller for gods sake!!...hey, I'm a scrawny guy, maybe 150 lbs wet...common, don't wanna see that in a deserted tunnel just me and some half crazed mental lunatic..:cry:
Should have started dancing with them lol

Be careful out there...lol It prob was homeless people that ride up and down the line! I've noticed if the train is just going to the relay,off the record they MAY let them take a ride because it can be a PAIN to get them off...KEEP THE FUNK OF FORTY THOUSAND YEARS IN ONE CAR...;) Watch out at 179st. because those people over there are LAZEEE Sob's atleast on the weekends.These switchmen are the worst!It's a bunch of OLD-HEADS who feel like they don't have to do anything.Like I said before,you have a GAZILLION T/O's chilling in the tower and there is NO reason for you to relay yur own train this weekend.

BTW, for any Dispatcher or senior motorman reading this stuff....we are all not like this dude..I repeat, we are all NOT like this dude...some of us do have brains...I see crap like this every day myself and think...rookie! and I'm only out 3 weeks!!! ;)
"North-Bound train approaching 588 ball,what is yur call letters so I can give you the proper line-up?";) Nahhhhhh we're all NOT the same....:eek: Yo,we're looking like BUMS out there..lol You gotta LOVE it!!!

Nah,that would have taken too long because they were trynna get those trains outta there QUICKLY...NOW, there is a TSS that's INFAMOUS at 179st. who happened to be off.(lucky him) That TSS LIVES for this and if he was on duty, he would have had that T/O arrested and indicted by DA Brown of Queens County...lol ha ha!!!

It depends on what the switching jobs are SUPPOSED to do whether or not they relay the trains. They used to relay the trains at 179 but then they cut most of the jobs and the road crews had to relay there own trains. the swithmen do put-ins, lay-ups, and relay or double end some late trains. This is what the jobs are designed to do at 179.

Wow that takes the cake! If I was a TSS I would have had the T/O out of service and send a switchmen down the road. I was at 179 Sat didn't hear anything about it but the T/D seemed kind of stresses I just figured it was just the 2 services. The T/O who follows me on the (E) was new an Asian guy looked kind of scared. So sure enough I drop back at WTC and we waiting for our train. It comes in late and leave late. I get to 179 eating Lunch the RCI comes in and ask who made the interval behind me. No answer and the guy is sitting at the table next to me. Then the RCI walks out and 2 Minutes later with a ATD and TSS who points him out. Now he is center of attention. The RCI ask him "You went BIE at 50 Street". T/O " I think so". RCI you had a pulled cord? T/O " I think it was a pulled Cord". He is answering every question with "I THINK". The RCI had to stop him and asked Do YOU KNOW OR DON'T KNOW!! Now TSS gets called back and to tell you the truth I don't know what happen to him. He is suppose to follow me on the last trip but I got to WTC left late on a adjusted Headway and never seen my follower so he may have operated like a snail or taken out with a Interval abandon which cause an Extended headway on (E) service.

Now about 179 Street they don't use the switchmen for Relays unless you late or they feel like being nice to you. I did two solo relays on the (E). When I was on the (F) never got a double end. Also yes 179 is home of the worst TSS in the syterm he will write you up if you look at him wrong. He really got it in for Conductors more then Train Operators.

Yeah 558X AND 554x you always have to ID yourself or you won't get a line up and AM rush Hours its really backs up the (E)(F) service to Continental some times since they will give the local a line up but never the EXP. What makes it worst some (E)(F) T/O will stop at the home ball at 36 St and not answer the radio so the C/R gets tired of waiting and calls the tower for the T/O.

I never understood why 179 is such a mess when they have 2 services or even everyday with just the (F). The terminal was made to accomodate 2 services and is designed well to handle 2 without problems. Years ago when it had 2 services it seemed to run smoother than it does with just one today.

This leads me to believe that the supervision is incompetent and can't handle there jobs.

KEEP THE FUNK OF FORTY THOUSAND YEARS IN ONE CAR...;)

LOL, you can be worse than me.......

This leads me to believe that the supervision is incompetent and can't handle there jobs.

You know MTA as well as most other employees do.......

Thats nothing I wonder if this dude is from your class , a couple of weeks ago there was a probie T/O and a probie C/R on a (M) train. The train was suppose to goto Bay Parkway, the T/O takes the line up to Chambers St to the middle track. Now I wonder what the next stop would be from Chambers middle, next thing you know he's calling control saying hes in the relay with a train full of customers. Control tells him to come back out the relay discharge and go light back to Met lol.

Now about 179 Street they don't use the switchmen for Relays unless you late or they feel like being nice to you. I did two solo relays on the (E). When I was on the (F) never got a double end. Also yes 179 is home of the worst TSS in the syterm he will write you up if you look at him wrong. He really got it in for Conductors more then Train Operators.

Yeah 558X AND 554x you always have to ID yourself or you won't get a line up and AM rush Hours its really backs up the (E)(F) service to Continental some times since they will give the local a line up but never the EXP. What makes it worst some (E)(F) T/O will stop at the home ball at 36 St and not answer the radio so the C/R gets tired of waiting and calls the tower for the T/O.

179th is the home of the imaginary switchmen come on now those guys have brown nosed so deep into anus they can give rectal exams. Oh we cant forget about Little Billy either now can we Dave lol.

Wow that takes the cake! If I was a TSS I would have had the T/O out of service and send a switchmen down the road. I was at 179 Sat didn't hear anything about it but the T/D seemed kind of stresses I just figured it was just the 2 services. The T/O who follows me on the (E) was new an Asian guy looked kind of scared. So sure enough I drop back at WTC and we waiting for our train. It comes in late and leave late. I get to 179 eating Lunch the RCI comes in and ask who made the interval behind me. No answer and the guy is sitting at the table next to me. Then the RCI walks out and 2 Minutes later with a ATD and TSS who points him out. Now he is center of attention. The RCI ask him "You went BIE at 50 Street". T/O " I think so". RCI you had a pulled cord? T/O " I think it was a pulled Cord". He is answering every question with "I THINK". The RCI had to stop him and asked Do YOU KNOW OR DON'T KNOW!! Now TSS gets called back and to tell you the truth I don't know what happen to him. He is suppose to follow me on the last trip but I got to WTC left late on a adjusted Headway and never seen my follower so he may have operated like a snail or taken out with a Interval abandon which cause an Extended headway on (E) service.

Dave,I didn't see you..You got the (E) now? I understand that 179st don't use switchmen unless they wan't to but for GOD sakes there was MORE than enough people there this weekend!Atleast double end some trains..I got caught Sunday for a relay on the (E)(Finally a RD JOB!!) that cut into my lunch.:mad: My stomach was in my back.:confused: The funniest thing I heard on the radio was when a T/O called ahead to 179 st. saying"179 (F) train approaching,I need a comfort." 179 said "sure you can get a comfort after you relay the train." lol Aw man,that's foul..I saw the Asian guy yur talking about.I was asking him a question about the GO on the (E) if it went express in Queens and went down 8th. avenue and he looked at me like...:confused: He was VERY nervous,later on I came to the conclusion that he was one of my classmates.;) (not my group)He's sooooooooo lucky Mr.179(TSS) was off!I was with a TSS on Sunday and we tested Q-boro at 558X..

LOL, you can be worse than me.......

You know MTA as well as most other employees do.......

lol..Hotel (E)(F) in the winter! GOD forgive me but it's COLD out there...I use to wonder why some of the (E) trains had the AC on in the winter,now I KNOW.:tup:

Archived