Training and Schoolcar...

DOB2RTO

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PART 1-Yesterday I was on the (E) beasting, doing my thing.I had a TSS from schoolcar that was with me all day.I didn't mind because he was cool and we were kicking it and what not.I got to WTC dumped and walked to the other end and guess who I see??Ahhhhhhh yes the "#1 MAN"!!! That was a pleasant surprise..he had my schedule card and was waiting for me.B) The "#1 MAN" rolled with me from WTC all the way down to 71AVE..:tup: He was talking with me and the other TSS and as we were going down the the line,I was picking up TSS's and when they saw him EVERYBODY showed LOVE!Next thing you know there was 4 TSS's on my train..lol It was like a big party!That guy attracts GOOD people.B) Thanx "#1 MAN",it was GOOD to see you!B)

Part-2 Ok guys/gals,you know what they say-"if you can't take it,DON'T dish it out!" This is part of being a T/O..:eek: YOUR NOT A REAL T/O UNLESS YOU HIT A SIGNAL!!B) I've been on here throwing my classmates under the bus,so now it's time to throw ME under the bus..lol I was on the (E) yesterday and hit a signal coming out of Q-plaza N/B..:tdown: It was a yellow so I creeped up on it SLOWLY.When I got up on it CHOW!!!!! The famous words of a T/O "OH SH!T" SOB...:mad: Guess what? It FLASHED on ME!! That's right it FLASHED from yellow to RED QUICKLY!! I know what yur saying(yeah right) seriously, that signal flashed.It was tower controlled so they're looking FISHY right now. THANK GOD the TSS was there with me..:tup:As soon as I hit it he said"Yup,I saw it-it flashed and schoolcar WILL NOT take that charge!!!" Ok,so I agreed with it,charged it back up and he called control RIGHT AWAY!! Control gets on the radio talking VERY disrespectful! It was a guy with a VERY strong accent.He says"the signal flashed on you huh?-where? wht's the signal #?,where are you located?What was the position of the arm when you hit it?" WTF???:confused:What was the position of the arm?? Get the f**K outta here!!! Who the H*ll is looking at that? It was a CLEAR aspect and that's that!! So as me move out the area,control keeps calling us and I guess control thought I was talking to them so the TSS says "it's the TSS on the (E)..." All of a sudden it's all good and control changes that tone QUICKLY!! As I'm going down the line,I'm picking up 2 TSS's!!! WTF? I have a TSS with me,what you don't believe him?? Every time I come to a station, people were coming up to my window saying"you went BIE?" YESSSSSSS...Wtf? So as I pull into the last stop my TSS had to call control and speak to the line SUPT!! Mannnnnnn this is crayzeee...To put the icing on the cake,you know the RCI was there waiting and checking the train out like he's the CSI..lol He finally climbs up and says"there's NO strike mark,what happened?" I said for the last TIME..."it FLASHED on me!!! " "You know what,talk to the TSS.." So for the whole night,I was Mr. "What happened??" :confused: The TSS said "they're doing all this because they wan't to charge SCHOOLCAR for this but I'm NOT going to let that happen because IT WAS NOT YOUR FAULT!" Thank GOD he witnessed it because I know they would NOT have believed me-SOB...:cool:

Never a dull day down under eh NASCAR? lol
ALWAYS something popping off down here..lol This isn't nothing new,it's politics as usual.I think it's a shame that people will put you thru B.S. trynna hang u!I see why some T/O's will take that chance and keep it movin because if you RAT on yourself trynna do the right thing,they will NEVER respect that!Schoolcar way or the REAL way,you choose...

Hey any time you go brakes In Emergency its a big deal. I guess I'm not a real T/O yet didn't hit a signal. Seen signals flash but stopped in time. I know T/O's who dealed with the BS of a signal overrun they had to write a report and go downtown talk to the guys at Control and the Line and Dep Supts and responding TSS's and RCI.

Hey any time you go brakes In Emergency its a big deal. I guess I'm not a real T/O yet didn't hit a signal. Seen signals flash but stopped in time. I know T/O's who dealed with the BS of a signal overrun they had to write a report and go downtown talk to the guys at Control and the Line and Dep Supts and responding TSS's and RCI.
I don't feel so bad because I was moving less than 5 mph..soooooo TECHNICALLY I didn't hit one yet either!B) It's kinda strange because it didn't flash in front of me,it flashed as soon as it got into my cab window.That WHOLE Q-Plaza area can get you in trouble,blind trippers and all these boobie traps..:tdown:

I thought there was always a one block distance between trains. So how could a signal go from yellow to red if the yellow signal was indicating that the next block is clear but to be prepared to stop?
Anything can happen with these signals!These people act as if MALFUNCTIONS don't exist.Being that this signal WAS tower controlled,it's a strong possibility that they may have had a hand in this..:mad: Btw,a yellow means proceed with CAUTION,be prepared to stop at the NEXT signal.The NEXT signal MAY NOT be clear..A GREEN aspect indicates (99% of the time)EXPECT the NEXT signal to be clear.

Anything can happen with these signals!These people act as if MALFUNCTIONS don't exist.Being that this signal WAS tower controlled,it's a strong possibility that they may have had a hand in this..:mad: Btw,a yellow means proceed with CAUTION,be prepared to stop at the NEXT signal.The NEXT signal MAY NOT be clear..A GREEN aspect indicates (99% of the time)EXPECT the NEXT signal to be clear.

Fishy indeed.

Yeah got to be careful in that area. Also just so you know everything in that area is recorded so the signal may have a black box in it and there is something in the tower that can be replayed to see what really happen since the line up are given from a computer in that area. I got a tour of that place while in school car. It works like ATS the tower operator knows if you hit any signal or try an illegal key by. So if someone messed up they going to deal with Labor Relations.

Yeah got to be careful in that area. Also just so you know everything in that area is recorded so the signal may have a black box in it and there is something in the tower that can be replayed to see what really happen since the line up are given from a computer in that area. I got a tour of that place while in school car. It works like ATS the tower operator knows if you hit any signal or try an illegal key by. So if someone messed up they going to deal with Labor Relations.
Wow..didn't know that! Q-boro Master Tower on the (7) controls that area? When I was with the TSS he couldn't understand what's going on over there with the 588x! If you punched at Roosevelt,why are they stopping you to see who you are?If you don't punch they stop u..:confused: They prob had alot of wrong line-ups over there and signal malfunctions.Did you notice at Canal those WD's sometimes FLASHES then shuts off?? Those people over there can trip you too...:tdown:

I've been on here throwing my classmates under the bus,so now it's time to throw ME under the bus..lol

And DOB2RTO was driving that bus....... We have seen so many signals flash, and we had to key-by so many signals in the A Div, it isn't even funny. ATS = garbage. They love using this signal at night, that we can't even get proper line ups. Friday on the 1 line, every T/O on the mid-nights was complaining about it........

And DOB2RTO was driving that bus....... We have seen so many signals flash, and we had to key-by so many signals in the A Div, it isn't even funny. ATS = garbage. They love using this signal at night, that we can't even get proper line ups. Friday on the 1 line, every T/O on the mid-nights was complaining about it........
Lol...How does the A Division handle flashes? Does the CSI team come on the scene??(TSS,RCI) or do they know about certain areas and tell you to give them a call later?

Lol...How does the A Division handle flashes? Does the CSI team come on the scene??(TSS,RCI) or do they know about certain areas and tell you to give them a call later?

On report of a signal flash in ATS areas (everything except north of Mott), the RCC checks the ATS recording; Signals is sent to download the event recorder in the signal; CED downloads the train event recorder (on R142/142A) and a TSS is sent to monitor the area.

On report of a signal flash in ATS areas (everything except north of Mott), the RCC checks the ATS recording; Signals is sent to download the event recorder in the signal; CED downloads the train event recorder (on R142/142A) and a TSS is sent to monitor the area.

does that mean the signals north of Mott do not have event recorders? if so, interesting...are they even part of the ATS system then?

Anyone hear anything about the contract??

No one has heard about the contract not even the union reps or stewards I have asked alot of information and I get nothing but run arounds. This union is weird and creepy i miss my old union where the union president was actually a human being and would talk to you.

How can they put a contract into arbitration and we have no vote on it so much for democracy.

All one needs know, is the no layoff clause will never come back with the current Union Reps. We might pay more, and get 30/62. Whatever we get will be a win win for TA, as the current union has gave us lose lose. We still get treated like a number, by the higher ups. MTA won't be satisfied until they can work us so much, we all end up divorced or single, and die the day after we retire, so they can keep all the pension funds.

(MTA)...Our goal is customer service, and to kill off the retired workforce soon after retirement.........

No one has heard about the contract not even the union reps or stewards I have asked alot of information and I get nothing but run arounds. This union is weird and creepy i miss my old union where the union president was actually a human being and would talk to you.

How can they put a contract into arbitration and we have no vote on it so much for democracy.

D@mn,that's messed up!:( Something is FISHY here..I think they're waiting for that bail-out money.:tdown:

Archived