Training and Schoolcar...

DOB2RTO

All one needs know, is the no layoff clause will never come back with the current Union Reps. We might pay more, and get 30/62. Whatever we get will be a win win for TA, as the current union has gave us lose lose. We still get treated like a number, by the higher ups. MTA won't be satisfied until they can work us so much, we all end up divorced or single, and die the day after we retire, so they can keep all the pension funds.

(MTA)...Our goal is customer service, and to kill off the retired workforce soon after retirement.........

I'm telling you right now...IF they give us 30/62,I WILL be looking into a plan B!It should be 20 and out!!!30 years is WAYYYY tooo long to be working in this environment! Sob's....:mad:

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today was really BAD on the (N) line!:tdown: The G-O's messed everything up because you got crews being20-30 minutes late due to track gangs and what not.The (Q) was also running to Astoria-Ditmars and it was a mess!!Anyways,on my last trip I was held out Astoria due to the excess of trains and this woman starts banging on my door...:confused:I open the door and she's asking me to make a call and tell SOMEBODY that we're stuck and we need to move ASAP! I tell her due to the G-O's we're backed up until a train leaves Astoria.She says to me"what's that train right there??"(pointing to a lay-up) I say "that train right there is a lay-up which is NOT in customer service." Ok so this guy jumps in the conversation and says "I'm gonna loose my job because I'm late!!" I say "I'm sorry sir,we will be moving shortly." Then he says "can you let me onto the tracks so I can walk to work?"lol...this moron wanted me to let him off the train so he could walk the structure to work!!!:eek: What was he smoking?? Imagine that?

Do you HAVE to talk to passengers? Can't you just ignore them?
We TRY to be PROFESSIONAL and help out if we can...Now, if someone is being an @zz I'll either ignore them or put them in their place in a NICE way! That's the beauty of being a T/O because we don't come in contact that much with customers once we lock in that box...lol The C/R gets all the B.S.

I'm telling you right now...IF they give us 30/62,I WILL be looking into a plan B!It should be 20 and out!!!30 years is WAYYYY tooo long to be working in this environment! Sob's....:mad:

If they change the pension it will be ONLY for new hires you're locked into tier 4. By law they cannot lessen your pension they cn only enhance it like when we got the 25/55.

I hope they don't shaft the unborn...

Haven't even joined yet and I'm already getting shafted by the MTA..Sweet, can't wait till I'm shafted once I'm already IN. Now I see what Jah means when he says that the MTA hates it's employees.

Haven't even joined yet and I'm already getting shafted by the MTA..Sweet, can't wait till I'm shafted once I'm already IN. Now I see what Jah means when he says that the MTA hates it's employees.

(MTA)=MORE TROUBLE AHEAD! NYCTA=NO YOU CAN'T TOUCH ANYTHING!(Probie T/O) Ha Ha...:(

I hope they don't shaft the unborn...

It's better than shafting the dues paying members. At least a new hire knows what they are signing up for and have a CHOICE if they want the job or not.

But when they screw us instead like with the last contract it's much worse!!

It's better than shafting the dues paying members. At least a new hire knows what they are signing up for and have a CHOICE if they want the job or not.

But when they screw us instead like with the last contract it's much worse!!

That's true...

OOO WHAT DOES THIS DO? *PRESSES EMERGENCY BRAKES BUTTON ON R160*
lol..That's the only way yur gonna learn.It's like when you get a new phone or electronic device and don't bother to read the manual.I HATE the yard BUT I learned alot about diff trains by messing around and what not.

lol..That's the only way yur gonna learn.It's like when you get a new phone or electronic device and don't bother to read the manual.I HATE the yard BUT I learned alot about diff trains by messing around and what not.

Agreed but you can't also blame your training T/O since they get written up for the probie/student T/Os mistakes.

We TRY to be PROFESSIONAL and help out if we can...Now, if someone is being an @zz I'll either ignore them or put them in their place in a NICE way! That's the beauty of being a T/O because we don't come in contact that much with customers once we lock in that box...lol The C/R gets all the B.S.

Know what U mean...I'm beastin' (Nascar term B) ) on the (A) coming into 125, 3 mins hot....all of a sudden C/R calls for police to meet him because of sick passenger...we sit for 25 mins in station and when we pull into 145 all I get is a sea of middle fingers and FU's from the customers on the platform, Hey!! there was a sick person who needed medical attention people!!!! NOT MY FAULT...whaddya gonna do?

Know what U mean...I'm beastin' (Nascar term B) ) on the (A) coming into 125, 3 mins hot....all of a sudden C/R calls for police to meet him because of sick passenger...we sit for 25 mins in station and when we pull into 145 all I get is a sea of middle fingers and FU's from the customers on the platform, Hey!! there was a sick person who needed medical attention people!!!! NOT MY FAULT...whaddya gonna do?

Too bad the (A) doesn't have R160s. With that tinted window and the cab light turned off, I don't think anyone would have seen you.

All I have to say is again Welcome to the Department of Subways! You going to get those bad days major delays beyond your control and everyone is looking at you and going to ask the same questions but the C/R gets it more then the T/O as it was already said. Working the Lexington Ave (6) Line PM Rush Hours made me learn how to deal with mobs of Irate customers. Something always happens. After dealing with that for most of my 5 Years as a C/R being a T/O in the B Div is like a vacation. As long as they don't throw something at you your good happen to me many of times mostly in the middle observing the platfrom but it don't happen as much anymore.

Even with all that I experance I kind of like being a C/R over a T/O the only thing I don't miss is when something happens they crowd around you. However T/O goes got more benefits like more Money , In more control of your own fate (You have to be a TA Employee to understand that one). More job securty like if they go OPTO don't effect me.

Ahhhh YESSS...Beastin on the (A) huh??:tup: What did you have? A 42 or an RRRAH Foty Foe?B) Yeah the customers are funny sometimes.One day I was on the (F) and we had to make some skip stops and I got a whole bunch of snowballs to my front cab...lol The funny part was I wasn't expecting it and I ducked...lol HA HA!!! What was I thinking? I felt like George Bush when that guy threw his funky shoes a him(Classic).

I've always read stories about people throwing stuff at C/Rs but I don't get why someone would do that. What's the point?
Some people are Idiots....the C/R is on the front line.God forbid you close the the door to quickly or the train is late,there is a GOOD possibilty you can get the BUSINESS.(spit,slapped,umbrella water,splashed etc.)For the MOST part it's the School kids, man they're BRUTAL!! They love to play pranks and hide behind the poles and time you perfectly.:tdown: That's the downside of observing the platform when the train leaves the station.I can't front, some C/R's are heartless too..lol I've seen them close the door on the elderly or if someone is trying to make an effort to catch the train by hauling @zz and.....BAM!!(YES,it happened to me!!) You better believe they closed that window before that train leaves...lol

Archived