Training and Schoolcar...

DOB2RTO

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a C/R it all depends I was known to be agressive and I didn't care when I said stand clear I ment it. I look at it this way there is always a train behind me and your early for the next one. The only time I gave in was late Nights.

Haha I am like that on cold nights in far rock only, if I dont see you running for my train then you look like you can wait for the next one I always say. I love leaving people out the train who play musical cars they will get on the rear and try to get all the way to the first car.

I applied for the T/O promotion test the other day Dave lol, I was at CTL talking to your partner too still busting his chops about picking out the south lol.

Yeah he going back to the South next pick and can't wait for the pick to end. I don't know what I am going to do I love the (V) but hate Queens. I don't like working wkends on the (A)(C) Line and don't like the (D) anymore and don't have the time to pick the (:P and the (W) looks like a thing of the past. Now you may have (Q) jobs out of Astoria but the local stops on the Brighton Line bring back bad memorys so thats a Hell No. Maybe this is the time to come back to the A Div like the (4)(5)(6) Lines

Yeah and good luck on the T/O Exam we need some good C/R to move up front!!

lol..That's the only way yur gonna learn.It's like when you get a new phone or electronic device and don't bother to read the manual.I HATE the yard BUT I learned alot about diff trains by messing around and what not.

Absofrigginlutely!!!! No doubt about that Nascar...troubleshooting galore.

Ahhhh YESSS...Beastin on the (A) huh??:tup: What did you have? A 42 or an RRRAH Foty Foe?;) .

Today wuz a beut....1st trip I had an R-44, 2nd trip I had a 40 mod, 3rd trip I had an R38...and (drumroll pleeez) last trip I had a R32...only on the (A) boyz...only on the (A)...gotta be a record or something. ;)

Yeah he going back to the South next pick and can't wait for the pick to end. I don't know what I am going to do I love the (V) but hate Queens. I don't like working wkends on the (A)(C) Line and don't like the (D) anymore and don't have the time to pick the (B) and the (W) looks like a thing of the past. Now you may have (Q) jobs out of Astoria but the local stops on the Brighton Line bring back bad memorys so thats a Hell No. Maybe this is the time to come back to the A Div like the (4)(5)(6) Lines

Yeah and good luck on the T/O Exam we need some good C/R to move up front!!

Man Dave are you gonna goto A division ? I got the G2 in my backpack written up and still haven't handed it in yet as I am still debating about it.

Today wuz a beut....1st trip I had an R-44, 2nd trip I had a 40 mod, 3rd trip I had an R38...and (drumroll pleeez) last trip I had a R32...only on the (A) boyz...only on the (A)...gotta be a record or something. B)

Heh shoot I had a bad day like that I stood up the whole day on the (A) one night, at least the last trip was a slant out of far rock cause i begged the T/D to give me a slant. She looked at me like i was crazy she was like your a Conductor asking for a Slant 40 I was like yea I wanna get home fast.

Maybe this is the time to come back to the A Div like the (4)(5)(6) Lines

Please be my guest for the 4 and 6 lines. I can't stand the East Side, except on weekends when we can run express. The 6 isn't that long, but just seems long for no reason. I think it has to do with the 1000 timers, being underground for so long, and 100,000,000 Bronx stops......

When I get to pick the (1) line, they would have to pry my dead cold carcass off that line, until I could pick on the 3 (about 30 years from now). The 2, 4, 6, and 7 (good but overcrowded, and I hate operating from the single car ends, since the braking is "unique" to say the least. Why can't they put on semi-permanent link bars, and have couplers at one end of car #1, and 6, making a 6 car unit?). The 5 is alright, sometimes. Love the (1). Few timers, and actually had a trainer that showed me how to get by them in such a way one doesn't need to take a brake (I still do coming into 96st S/B, at those timed home balls). Just be prepared to though.......

Today wuz a beut....1st trip I had an R-44, 2nd trip I had a 40 mod, 3rd trip I had an R38...and (drumroll pleeez) last trip I had a R32...only on the (A) boyz...only on the (A)...gotta be a record or something. ;)
Wow...pretty good!:tup: I HATE the 44's tho.:mad:May that train sleep with the FISHES!! You know I LOVE the SLANTS and last but not least, the 32's! The R32's are REAL trains..SHHHHHH don't say anything but I'm starting to like the 46's too.:o (Yeah,Yeah ;))

Wow...pretty good!:tup: I HATE the 44's tho.:mad:May that train sleep with the FISHES!! You know I LOVE the SLANTS and last but not least, the 32's! The R32's are REAL trains..SHHHHHH don't say anything but I'm starting to like the 46's too.;) (Yeah,Yeah ;))

You just can't match the quality of Budd cars any more.

Wow...pretty good!:tup: I HATE the 44's tho.:mad:May that train sleep with the FISHES!! You know I LOVE the SLANTS and last but not least, the 32's! The R32's are REAL trains..SHHHHHH don't say anything but I'm starting to like the 46's too.:o (Yeah,Yeah B))

Being that I haven't seen anything but (A)'s for the past 6 weeks (I feel like I have a picked job on that line) I have learned to operate 44's pretty damn good...I have no choice but to learn to like them B).

Being that I haven't seen anything but (A)'s for the past 6 weeks (I feel like I have a picked job on that line) I have learned to operate 44's pretty damn good...I have no choice but to learn to like them ;).
It's the master controller...:tdown: The other day I had to DH from 168st. to Euclid(:mad::tdown:) and do some sort of shuttle.My partner and I took over the (A) for 2 trips to RK PK.It took me a couple of stops to get used to it again.The ONLY thing that's good about the (A) is going over the bridge!:) I'd love to take a 160 out there...

It's the master controller...:tdown: The other day I had to DH from 168st. to Euclid(:mad::tdown:) and do some sort of shuttle.My partner and I took over the (A) for 2 trips to RK PK.It took me a couple of stops to get used to it again.The ONLY thing that's good about the (A) is going over the bridge!;) I'd love to take a 160 out there...

If U have any trips in the late AM's you will notice an R160 on the test track on the flats going back and forth all day testing them out....one TSS tells me there were issues with the electric power to the cars (more unlikely) and another TSS told me the people in forest hills etc. complained and requested the 160's in their area for the (E)...who knows for sure.

If U have any trips in the late AM's you will notice an R160 on the test track on the flats going back and forth all day testing them out....one TSS tells me there were issues with the electric power to the cars (more unlikely) and another TSS told me the people in forest hills etc. complained and requested the 160's in their area for the (E)...who knows for sure.
Yeh,they're having trouble with that train.I'm hearing if you have a problem on the road,control tells u to stop and wait for an RCI so they can mimick the problem so in the future they'll know what to do...:confused: Nobody knows anything about these trains yet!TA is still ordering new ones.(go figure) When you deal with computers these things happen.As far as the (E) I've noticed more 160's on that line..I think they're starting to ship the 42's on the (R).I had a 42 on the (R) and that thing was a POS!:tdown: I had it wrapped at on point and it wouldn't go faster than 17mph...It was a DOG!! I had to reset the motors.

I know all too well about the R42's I been operating them most of my T/O career on the (A)(E)(J)(M) Lines. I remember on the (J) had a train would go no faster then 22MPH and almost stalled on the Williamsburg Bridge coming back to Parson I droped to 4 MPH before I got it on the downgrade I was sweating that one. However only got to the terminal 5 Minutes late.

Yeah the R42's are even on the (F) now! The R160's on the (E) I notice everytime I step in the cab something is set wrong. Luckly I'm a R160 Vet so I know what to look for while others just operate it down the road taking chances. One isssue is getting on my nerves that I am going to complain about it to the first (E) Line TSS I see this week.

I know all too well about the R42's I been operating them most of my T/O career on the (A)(E)(J)(M) Lines. I remember on the (J) had a train would go no faster then 22MPH and almost stalled on the Williamsburg Bridge coming back to Parson I droped to 4 MPH before I got it on the downgrade I was sweating that one. However only got to the terminal 5 Minutes late.

Yeah the R42's are even on the (F) now! The R160's on the (E) I notice everytime I step in the cab something is set wrong. Luckly I'm a R160 Vet so I know what to look for while others just operate it down the road taking chances. One isssue is getting on my nerves that I am going to complain about it to the first (E) Line TSS I see this week.

Well then, enlighten me please Dave...sooner or later I am going to see something other than R-44's eventually :)...what would be set wrong and what 2 look for?

^ Yeah those 42's I've been operating are GARBAGE too!They should atleast keep them up if they're on the road.On the 160's the radio is annoying because no matter how low you turn it down,the static is LOUD as H*ll..:confused: I usually turn the radio to Yard and use my own...we're not gonna get into that darn PEI..:tdown:

how fast have any of you motormen operated in the 60th st tunnel? i've been in an R68A that hit 58 MPH and an R160B Alstom that hit 57 MPH.

how about you?

and what other parts of the system allow for high speed operation (besides the north bound west end line/4th ave line between 59th and pacific on the (N) and (D). i've seen 48 MPH on a siemens R160B).

how fast have any of you motormen operated in the 60th st tunnel? i've been in an R68A that hit 58 MPH and an R160B Alstom that hit 57 MPH.

how about you?

and what other parts of the system allow for high speed operation (besides the north bound west end line/4th ave line between 59th and pacific on the (N) and (D). i've seen 48 MPH on a siemens R160B).

I've been on an R68 that hit 63mph...:tup: The train was empty tho.I've hit about 50mph on an R160 with a FULL HOUSE.I prolly could get it up faster but I don't trust those timers in the tube.When you start to build up speed,the upgrade slows you down as you enter 59st..:P You can also get busy in the tube between Ely ave. and Lexington on the (E)(V) line. Oh I forgot, Northbound Express (A) leaving 59st. to 125St.B) That's a roller-coaster ride!!!! I had a slant 40 on that run and it was awesome...:tup:

Archived