Training and Schoolcar...

DOB2RTO

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please remember, I don't come over as a C/R, or off the street. I come over as a Bronx B/O (MaBSTOA). You all call the 2 line the beast, and speak of hot trains, etc... It's no different than the DOB. You all have steel wheels, I come from rubber ones. Most rules are exacly the same. I've had hot buses, and horrible lines. Try working the Bx41, Bx36, Bx9, M100, Bx19, or the Bx3 during the rush hour. You all will know what "the beast is". They could put me on that 2 line, 5 days a week. From the divison I am coming from, it wouldn't make me flinch......I've dealt with far worse routes, that run for 1hr 17 minutes each way, and you end up later than that. Don't forget a B/O is the C/R, T/O, S/A, and Collecting Agent, all in one.....:P:P:p......We had people watching us on the road (hiding sometimes)......Last thing, I don't worry about what time I will get home, as I don't plan my home life with what time I suppose to clear from work. I plan my home life around my RDOs. So nice try guys.... Hopefully, if I pass everything, have little to no issues with RTO, and become a TSS years down the road, I'll make sure if you two are in your current titles, that I carry four or more pens, since I will run out of ink, writing the list of violations up on you two. I'll make sure I'll write up others rarely, so when i write you two up, it sticks :):P:P:p:p..........

Hehe well good luck I remember in my CR class we had a BO coming over and a TSS laid it into her after being on the road posting she went back as a BO.

Trust me I know alot about them buses I have a uncle thats been a BO for Mabstoa out of 126th street for over 26 years.

I will doubt you can find anything wrong that I do I am by the book always have been. You better watch yourself when your my T/O I am sure they told you in schoolcar that you don't run the train the C/R runs it. I have already pulled the cord on 1 bad T/O and I have no fear of pulling it again lol.:(

We go to fire school car Monday. 1500hrs report......

To all: We got our tools, (except radios, and masks)..... A Div people got love, as B Div persons got old heavy used brake handles. A Div's came new, still sealed in the package.......

Yeah....Go rub it in!!! I was one of the people that got a brake handle that looked like Darius McCollum used it when he stole trains! I hope it isn't a curse..:eek: Seriously,it's not a big deal but it would have been cool if it was fresh out the bizzzox!

Yeah....Go rub it in!!! I was one of the people that got a brake handle that looked like Darius McCollum used it when he stole trains! I hope it isn't a curse..:eek: Seriously,it's not a big deal but it would have been cool if it was fresh out the bizzzox!

HAHA Darius McCollum that was funny I remember that guy. I am trying to remember wasn't there a kid who stole a redbird and derailed it ?

Nope...we all got measured today.The signals are what we HAVE to master.They said we need to get a 100 on the test.DOB met his instructors today,my group didn't get one yet.

Well damn! Ya'll got me all excited like I'm the one starting at RTO! Ya'll sound like kids in candy stores!!:P

Well damn! Ya'll got me all excited like I'm the one starting at RTO! Ya'll sound like kids in candy stores!!:P
Sit back my friend and enjoy the ride!This is gonna be going on til we complete the training.(God-Willing)

Hehe well good luck I remember in my CR class we had a BO coming over and a TSS laid it into her after being on the road posting she went back as a BO.

She took a pay cut doing that also. I wouldn't leave as a B/O to become a C/R. B/Os are behind T/Os in pay.....

I will doubt you can find anything wrong that I do I am by the book always have been.

I'll just lie. They will say he never writes up anyone, so it must be true....:P

You better watch yourself when your my T/O I am sure they told you in schoolcar that you don't run the train the C/R runs it. I have already pulled the cord on 1 bad T/O and I have no fear of pulling it again lol.:)

Yes, you are in charge of that train. Pull that cord, and you will find out that the brake handle will break other things than the brakes.........028.gif

Yes, you are in charge of that train. Pull that cord, and you will find out that the brake handle will break other things than the brakes.........028.gif

As you will feel those shoe slippers that they tell us not to hit the customers with if were to get assaulted. :D

Yeah we had one B/O in my T/O class and we all picked on him and hell why not its 9 C/R's on 1 B/O. It was all in fun with us but the TSS's where trying to trip him up but as one big team we helped him out and now he is one of the good ones.

DOB bring it I need a few days vacation. In the mean time I'll have my C/R/TSS friends in A Div waiting for you!!Lol:D

Yeah we had one B/O in my T/O class and we all picked on him and hell why not its 9 C/R's on 1 B/O. It was all in fun with us but the TSS's where trying to trip him up but as one big team we helped him out and now he is one of the good ones.

C/Rs were mad he made more than yall did per hour????

DOB bring it I need a few days vacation.

I'll make sure you be out for several weeks - 1 month....

In the mean time I'll have my C/R/TSS friends in A Div waiting for you!!Lol:D

Tell them to bring it!!!!! I'm West Sieeede (of Yonkers).........

Today we did fire school at CIY (3 classes), while others did tracks and switches. Tomorrow back to P.S.248, then Wednesday we should be at Mosholu...

In the meantime, some picks from CIY:

Whatever rusty model these are.....

cid__0721081708.jpg

cid__0721081712.jpg

R68/A and R160(A or :)....

cid__0721081717.jpg

Slant R40 on the B, entering yard....

cid__0721081707.jpg

Yesterday my class was at Pitkin Yard.The experience was GREAT! We toured the facility and seen alot of NEW CARS! They are ALL going on the (A) line.The (A) line also got some of the old trains that the (J) is using.My TSS stated that it's gonna be a while before the (J) gets New trains because the (MTA) forgot to change the monitors at the conductors position so the New trains can line up with them.:eek:So....it's gonna take time.

Just to clear something up those new cars you seen are going to the (L)(J)(M)(Z) Line the monitors are in place. The (A)(C) lines are getting older trains from the (:)(J)(M)(Z) Lines. So no brand new trains on the (A)(C).
Oh ok,he prob didn't follow up on the new info then..I happen to like the older trains that run on the (J) line.The new trains are cool,just not crazy about them.(for now)

DOB wassup??? How's yur class?? I heard 2 people in yur class actually wanted the "B" division...lol They thought "A" meant letter trains.:eek:My Tss got the info from the supt at school car.

Everyone in my class want to be in the A. Two of them live in Brooklyn and wanted to pick into the B Div (you know as well as I do they could have stayed), but were talked into going to the A by their peers who work for MTA DOS/RTO (Department of Subways, in the RTO Division.....)

Oh ok,he prob didn't follow up on the new info then..I happen to like the older trains that run on the (J) line.The new trains are cool,just not crazy about them.(for now)

We actually suppose to train in the New Tech (R142 and R142A) before we get to the old SMEE equipment (that is what they call the R62 and R62A). One of our TSS doesn't like the idea, just because he feels it is better if we get the feel of a "real" train, before the "idiot monitor" trains.......The other wants us to be in the cab of one this week, just so we can get comfortable with the train. He doesn't want us to be "tight" while learning......

Tomorrow we go to Mosholu Yard (connected with Bedford Yard). We will be touring that yard, and suppose to do our track qualification.......At least I will be 15 minutes away from home for once......

Why? What you gonna do over there?? You ain't workin' the B or D are you?? I don't want you to find me, so I won't say, unless there is monies involved....:P:P:p:p

Pffft tomorrow is my RDO but I'd come by for a friendly chat hopefully I will be on my (:) or (D) on Thursday.

We actually suppose to train in the New Tech (R142 and R142A) before we get to the old SMEE equipment (that is what they call the R62 and R62A). One of our TSS doesn't like the idea, just because he feels it is better if we get the feel of a "real" train, before the "idiot monitor" trains.......The other wants us to be in the cab of one this week, just so we can get comfortable with the train. He doesn't want us to be "tight" while learning......

I think calling R62/As SMEEs is a technical error. Only R10-R42 had SMEE brakes.

I think calling R62/As SMEEs is a technical error. Only R10-R42 had SMEE brakes.

Well that's what they call it. It may be different in some aspects, but it ain't like calling the 142 or R142A SMEE. I guess what he was getting at was, having a brake handle and controller......

Archived