Training and Schoolcar...

DOB2RTO

Pffft tomorrow is my RDO but I'd come by for a friendly chat hopefully I will be on my (B) or (D) on Thursday.

We don't want any, thank you....:D:P:p:p.

We will be at Mosholu again tomorrow. We are the a.m. class.......Now, you should figure out the times.....That's your homework for tonight.......

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We don't want any, thank you....:D:P:p:p.

We will be at Mosholu again tomorrow. We are the a.m. class.......Now, you should figure out the times.....That's your homework for tonight.......

I will be on the (Q) tomorrow so I wont be by Bedford Park till Fridays, and its not that hard to miss School Car when they are around. B)

Everyone in my class want to be in the A. Two of them live in Brooklyn and wanted to pick into the B Div (you know as well as I do they could have stayed), but were talked into going to the A by their peers who work for MTA DOS/RTO (Department of Subways, in the RTO Division.....)

We actually suppose to train in the New Tech (R142 and R142A) before we get to the old SMEE equipment (that is what they call the R62 and R62A). One of our TSS doesn't like the idea, just because he feels it is better if we get the feel of a "real" train, before the "idiot monitor" trains.......The other wants us to be in the cab of one this week, just so we can get comfortable with the train. He doesn't want us to be "tight" while learning......

Tomorrow we go to Mosholu Yard (connected with Bedford Yard). We will be touring that yard, and suppose to do our track qualification.......At least I will be 15 minutes away from home for once......

Well...90% of the jobs start Uptown so yur straight.Yur classmates that live in B.K. better get used to traveling! We're just started learning the SMEE trains yesterday at 207 st.The Tss had us use our brake handle on some equipment they had in the class.The brake handle was kind of difficult to get out once you've inserted it.:confused:I need some practice.:D Actually the whole class had problems inserting it.B) I agree with yur TSS about the new "idiot" trains.

I agree with yur TSS about the new "idiot" trains.

Well these are what we will be getting up close with come Tuesday........

cid__0724080708.jpg

This is a cellphone pic, just like most of them. Just this one is kinda hawwible.....

Yeah the brake handles do take getting use too. I like the tech trains they are nice to operate and fast. However I like the R32-42's as well.

Well if they keep sending you to 207 looks like I may meet you since im over their now.

Yesterday,we were at Euclid for 2 hrs.We did the track walk to the Emergency exit.We were on the the platform by the Dispatcher's office for an hour(TSS was inside,computer crashed) To passs time,I was asking all the Far Rock T/O questions when they pulled up.:( I kinda like (C) line,looks like a good reporting area.

Yesterday my class did the three point climb into the cab to use our brake handles on the SMEE train.(R-32)I hit the circuit breaker "on" switch,inserted the reverser key in the forward position,inserted the brake handle swung it into emergency,handle dropped down,moved it into full service charge...THE BEAST IS ALIVE!!!!!!!! But......I didn't move it because we were in the yard facing a bumping block.:(

Today,we took a (:) train from CI yard down sixth avenue to 71 continental in Queens.We tried to get a relay at continental ave but the Tower went crazy and said NO..Dispatcher was waving her hands and going CRAZY!:confused:So...we got a relay at Union turnpike and went back down to CI Yard. I Had FUN.:( I was getting the feel of the train and what not.Tss said we're gonna get more practice on the road.

Today,we took a (:) train from CI yard down sixth avenue to 71 continental in Queens.We tried to get a relay at continental ave but the Tower went crazy and said NO..Dispatcher was waving her hands and going CRAZY!:confused:So...we got a relay at Union turnpike and went back down to CI Yard. I Had FUN.:( I was getting the feel of the train and what not.Tss said we're gonna get more practice on the road.

What was the equipment? R68's or R40's?

All I have to say is welcome to RTO! When school car goes down the road we all say "there goes the railroad". At CTL you have (R)(V) Trains relaying so they get backed up time to time and don't want to even hear about a school car wanting to relay. If they had thier way they would have sent you to 179. You will find out Continenal is one of the worst places to work in RTO Supervsion is down your troat especially when Probation is under your name they will give you that "Special" Relay just so you don't have time for Lunch but enough time not to claim a No Lunch.

I heard you guys on the radio was that the number 1 man not knowing where he wanted to go LMAO DeKalb Tower went crazy lol. Thanks for holding me at the home ball !

Ahhh so you met the Cont Dispt man wait till you get jobs there. I book off when they tell me I gotta goto Cont when I am in the South I refuse to work there.

All I have to say is welcome to RTO! When school car goes down the road we all say "there goes the railroad". At CTL you have (R)(V) Trains relaying so they get backed up time to time and don't want to even hear about a school car wanting to relay. If they had thier way they would have sent you to 179. You will find out Continenal is one of the worst places to work in RTO Supervsion is down your troat especially when Probation is under your name they will give you that "Special" Relay just so you don't have time for Lunch but enough time not to claim a No Lunch.
Yeh,I bet...TOOOOOOOO much going on over there!I have NO problem with telling someone to RELAX.:mad:It's like everyone knew we were on the road.Continental went NUTTS when we rolled up.It was like they were waiting for us with a BIG crowd in the window.:eek:When we went back down the road to CI(6TH AVENUE (:()everyone else was polite.The towers gave us line-ups,asking us what did we wanna do(Bk areas)The road is a whole NEW world from class! We had to shake up the line a lil bit.:D

However you will they make sure everyone especially T/O's work there a few times while on the Extra List you have lots of (G)(R)(V) Road jobs and about 10 Station Switch jobs per tour exept Mids only one job.
Yeah,I figured that..:mad:

NASCAR shouldn't you be at work???? We went from 241st terminal, to 238st midlle track, then into the yard (relay). Then we left the yard (they made us work), went to 180st yard to put the train we had there, to get another train from 180st yard, to take back to 239st yard. I got to operate the Bombs, for 2 stops on the middle track. It was a good distance between the stations, and it was fun!!! Tomorrow we will go from 241st, to Flatbush or Livonia. Our TSSs will prefer Livonia as we could possibly go into the yard, but if we go to Flatbush, we will have to leave immediately... I also got to operate a Saki when we got back to 239st yard (was from the 6 line and there for maintenance). Those who they felt needed more experience doing cuts and adds did that, while some of us were at the opposite end, and went up to the Low home (aka dwarf or jack).... I got to read the rails, see some timers, see a call on, see how we go through the wash. Best thing is one part of the practical has disappeared. No more pre-trip inspections. Just cuts and adds, safety stops, and road ops. Reason was, it is hard to do pre-trips on both sides of the trains, as their can be obstructions on one side of the train. So that is a load off the mind. Still I will always do my pre-trip, as I don't have the money to "buy" the train......Only thing I have to get used to, is the 1 controller on the R142 and R142A. I think I am in a power mode, but am actually in coast, and a few times the train rolled backwards in the yard. But it's a learning experience. Once we get a little more hands on experience, we should be more "trusting" of the train.... It ain't like driving a bus, that's for sure.....

Archived