Training and Schoolcar...

DOB2RTO

NASCAR

Almost sounds like you where at 179 , CTL or Stillwell. I would put my money on 179 with that PM (F) Line TSS.

LMAO HAHA I saw him the other day and it sounds like his silly ass. The man who will never be Supt and has more pictures of himself in any cab than any other TSS in the system.

Tell me the Number 1 man schooled him in being a TSS god man I hate that dude he's a sneak I put him in his place one day when he was hiding at a station. He was like how did I know he was there I told him simple I was in NYPD and I have heightened senses for sneaky people.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol! Good for you putting that guy in his place!

Oh Yeah for our T/O's in training they they drop the B2 on you guys yet to see how it feels knowing you can't stop fast. Some instructors don't do it but they should so you don't panic when it happens to you on the road.

Not yet,in fact when we do inspections they tell us to look at the circuit breakers to see if that B2 is cut-out!B) I'd hate to see a B2 cut-out on an R-46!!:eek: Hey,schoolcar is teaching us one way,but I notice alot of guys doing crazy stuff! Yesterday in the yard,this T/O made No safety stops when he added some cars.I also noticed that some guys don't even bother to inspect the trains after they couple them!What if some lazy person before you don't add any handbrakes to the block end and that thing rolls back??:eek:

It's things like this, that makes me really want to go the union way. Problem is, I would be like Roger used to be. In managements face, and telling the TA off, on most issues, that punish the workforce. Like I said before, the closest I got to be a man of the people, was at the charter company I worked for, before I came to the TA. Didn't go down to get 25cents extra for everyone else, and a buck more for myself, like the two most senior people there did. Everyone got $1 more per hour, and started off with more. They did try to con me into accepting more for myself, and forgetting the others. I don't play that, nor did I. It was everyone or no one.

Back to the MTA, I don't trust the new management anymore that I trusted Pataki's administration....

Just our luck right??Don't you hate when you get a new job or position people always make you feel like you missed the party??They always say"Things aint what they used to be,I remember when you could do this or that etc."Ha Ha...lol I hope you get in a position where you can help people and fight for what is right! I feel like it is us vs.them(TA) and it shouldn't be like that at all.We are gonna make mistakes,TA wan't perfection and that's impossible.I think ALL unions are shady but we need them.(job security)

Today the class took a "JOY RIDE" from continental ave. to Bay parkway in Far Rock! I kinda like the (A) line!When we went over the bridge the views were beautiful.We also saw the tracks that the R-160's get tested on.I like the R-46 because of it's smoothness but the breaking is not that great.:mad:Breaking is tooo long!!! Some of my classmates blew station stops!

Its always good to check your breakers but sometimes the B2 drops on you and it won't reset while your enroute. You will see some crazy stuff going on in the Yard and when your out on your own some of your Yard Partner who been here since they built the Yard will encourage you to take thier short cuts so they finish the moves faster. Do what you feel is right. On the same note there is School car way and the real world way of doing things. One example they tell you before leaving the cab to turn the Control cutoff switch OFF. Doing that on the road someone will be looking for you like the T/O who took over your train because he took power and nothing happen.

Its always good to check your breakers but sometimes the B2 drops on you and it won't reset while your enroute. You will see some crazy stuff going on in the Yard and when your out on your own some of your Yard Partner who been here since they built the Yard will encourage you to take thier short cuts so they finish the moves faster. Do what you feel is right. On the same note there is School car way and the real world way of doing things. One example they tell you before leaving the cab to turn the Control cutoff switch OFF. Doing that on the road someone will be looking for you like the T/O who took over your train because he took power and nothing happen.
They don't like you to cut the control cut-out off in the "real world"??

Today the class was at Bedford Park place on the (D) in the yard off of Gerome Ave.We did some cuts and adds and learned the Smee equipment on the R68's.We're doing more Yard movement drills so we can pass the practical!We also found out that the Yard practical WILL be combined with the train service practical at the 9 week mark.We will do the Yard movement practical but we have to verbally explain the preparing a train for service.I guess the supt's don't wanna kept coming back and forth for these practicals..:rolleyes:That's cool with me,kill two birds with one stone..;)

Awww you guys were at Concourse Yard today damn I was at 207th Street today and I saw my schoolcar instructor there today had a good long chat with him. Oh and its Jerome Avenue not Gerome ;) damn rookies !
Jeerome,Rome,Gerome,Romey Rome,Jerome..whatever.I'm a Queens cat,it's Waayyyy outta territory for me.Thank God I took a train((D)tooooo slow,<4> is faster:D)I would NEVER park around there! That place just smells like Grand Auto theft Heaven!!:eek:

LoL so stereotypical man try driving to the Zoo Lots if you thought you were scared of Jerome shoot you would be horrified of zoo lots lol. I never take the train anywhere I always drive to work.

Remember he B Div we got something better then Zoo Lots for him we got Pitkin and Euclid for him.

DOB.....Where are U????????? Wassup my man? Wassup with the class?

Some are getting frustrated, as they are studying, but can't remember, and some is just not studying at all. Some are going against what TA told them, and are trying to do other things, while training. It ain't working for them.....

Jeerome,Rome,Gerome,Romey Rome,Jerome..whatever.I'm a Queens cat,it's Waayyyy outta territory for me.Thank God I took a train((D)tooooo slow,<4> is faster:D)I would NEVER park around there! That place just smells like Grand Auto theft Heaven!!:eek:

Hey, I park around there, on Paul Ave. It's not that bad, unless you are under the EL....

LoL so stereotypical man try driving to the Zoo Lots if you thought you were scared of Jerome shoot you would be horrified of zoo lots lol. I never take the train anywhere I always drive to work.

If Zoo Lots and Livonia are the same, well that is a shady area, but I park at 240st yard, and take the 1 train to the 3 train. Then I walk the structure, to the yard. I ain't driving beyond the Bx to get to work for TA.....

I usually drive also but these guys been acting funny in the yard if you don't have a permit.:mad:My truck will NEVER see that place let alone at night.The place doesn't look that bad, it's just tooo deserted at night!C'mon bro,you KNOW the BX is infamous for stripping cars..lol I grew up in south jamaica Queens my whole life and it aint too many things I'm afraid of but parking my nice shiny truck around there is NOT a good idea MANE!:eek:

Yeah on the we always leave the Control cutout ON in ALL T/O Operating cabs. Only when we made a add in the Yard we put the Control Cutout OFF. My TSS told us the real deal before being released and we glad since I seen new T/O's behind me get chewed out by terminal personal.
lol...I swear School car will make you a Nervous Wreck and P!ss everyone off.:P well...It will teach you good habits! After probation I will become a REAL TA worker.:P

Remember he B Div we got something better then Zoo Lots for him we got Pitkin and Euclid for him.
Those are NICE areas to park too.:eek:When I have to go there,I park my car by Aqueduct race track and ride the Manhattan (A) up to Euclid.So far,CI yard,Stillwell,Jamaica yard is showing love! All the uptown yards are acting funny.

Oh yeah I heard you guys around W 4 and gave your TSS a shout out on the radio. Yeah a lot of places will NOT let you park your car in the Yard without a Permit and 207YD and Lenox are the worst you can't park in the yard just with a Permit but also a Special YARD sticker from the Supt of the Yard.

You have to be careful parking around Woodlawn, Bedford Pk ,Concourse area because they will break into your car in that area. I been lucky parked it over night but I see cars with Busted windows from time to time. Now at Woodlawn working the (4) my car was busted into along with other co workers.

Oh yeah I seen another new T/O School car class at Euclid they took my (C) as a taxi into Pitkin YD. That was a interesting group quite keeping to themselfs and don't even say hello. They looking at the floor like no one is around. I have seen classes like that and they are normally the ones I exept to see on the Platfrom with in the first month of being released to the Crew Office. So both you guys tell me your class isn't the same way.

Some are getting frustrated, as they are studying, but can't remember, and some is just not studying at all. Some are going against what TA told them, and are trying to do other things, while training. It ain't working for them.....

Most T/O's classes deal with frustration. In school car it got to be done Thier way to pass and most likely since your in a O/C class they will try hard to make sure all you guys pass and come on to the road. However if you where a Promotional Class they would put the problem people back to thier titles in a second which had resulted in some Bitter C/R's out there.

Ha I must walk right by your car then when Im going to the gym...

(snickers) heh heh... :cool:

If you see a silver 2005 Pathfinder tomorrow, with plates that say my username, then you have spotted the D mobile.....:P:D:D. Just don't violate my truck.....

Most T/O's classes deal with frustration. In school car it got to be done Thier way to pass and most likely since your in a O/C class they will try hard to make sure all you guys pass and come on to the road. However if you where a Promotional Class they would put the problem people back to thier titles in a second which had resulted in some Bitter C/R's out there.

Well out of 10, we have 4 who are promos (3 C/Rs, and one B/O (me)), one who is a re-instatement, and the other 5 are O/C.....

Today we got to blow up the 7 line. I took it from Hunters-Point to Time square one way, and did a few stops from Hunters-Point to a few E/B stops in Queens. We did two trips... My classmates seem to love the way I operate, and the TSSs say I got this....:P:D:D.........

Tomorrow we will blow up the 4 line.......

If you see a silver 2005 Pathfinder tomorrow, with plates that say my username, then you have spotted the D mobile.....:P:D:D. Just don't violate my truck.....

Heh...I'm into women not cars :P

Well out of 10, we have 4 who are promos (3 C/Rs, and one B/O (me)), one who is a re-instatement, and the other 5 are O/C.....

Today we got to blow up the 7 line. I took it from Hunters-Point to Time square one way, and did a few stops from Hunters-Point to a few E/B stops in Queens. We did two trips... My classmates seem to love the way I operate, and the TSSs say I got this....:D:D:D.........

Tomorrow we will blow up the 4 line.......

On 2nd though maybe I will stay home tomorrow after all...

Or take the (D)...

Unless NASCAR's blowin up the (D)elta...in which case I am Double teamed

Speaking of, Seen a 4 car R46 consist signed up as Not In Service on front and a route bullet in rear (couldn't make it out) around Bergen/Carroll St. area later on this PM. Don't suppose that was the B Div "joy ride"...:P

I parked around Euclid Station and never had an issue specially when the thugs would be hanging around when they see me I just nod to them and they say whats up lol.

Archived