Training and Schoolcar...

DOB2RTO

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You may see me today I got a (F) job you know what happens when they give me the (F) lol.
Yooooo...I saw ya BOY at 179st...LOL!!! You know who.B) Gave us a little pep talk,C/R's wasn't happy when they saw he/she come in the crew room.The funniest sh!t was we saw a drawing of you know who in one of the cabs and it looked exactly like you know who and it was HILARIOUS!!!!!!!! Anyways,the people over there are NOT very friendly.One of yur peers said it was "BULLSH*T" that TA let people off the street take the T/O exam.:confused: Hi Hater,Hi Hater..You see me,Hi Hater! Ha Ha! Let's get back to business,I saw ya BOY at 179..B)

Yeah that sounds like 179 no one wants to know you over there. Believe me I am not looking foward in dealing with 179 but family comes first they gave me the Hours I needed on the Bids. Now I want that G.O to be working were (F) trains go to Euclid Ave I'll feel more at home!
I like Euclid....more relaxed and the people over there are courteous.I see alot of old timers at 179 acting all grumpy and what not.The Old Heads gotta relax and embrace the future,share some wisdom and get off that B.S.

Yooooo...I saw ya BOY at 179st...LOL!!! You know who.:P Gave us a little pep talk,C/R's wasn't happy when they saw he/she come in the crew room.The funniest sh!t was we saw a drawing of you know who in one of the cabs and it looked exactly like you know who and it was HILARIOUS!!!!!!!! Anyways,the people over there are NOT very friendly.One of yur peers said it was "BULLSH*T" that TA let people off the street take the T/O exam.:confused: Hi Hater,Hi Hater..You see me,Hi Hater! Ha Ha! Let's get back to business,I saw ya BOY at 179..:)

HAHA I haven't seen him in a while, oh man you saw a picture in a cab lmao. Ya he rarely goes into the crew room it gets real silent when he does pop his head in there.

Theres another ballbuster there hes new i never seen him before till Tuesday hes real tall and bald. It was 5 minutes after my clearing time and my T/O came with me to sign out. He happened to have his ipod on him and this guy I will call him the Great Khali from wrestling cause I didn't understand shit he said. told him he cant sign out with it on him. I really didn't wanna get involved the rules states u cant have it on your person while in operation of your duties.

Anyways yes I will never ever bid, pick, or do RDO or VC Relief in Queens except on the (A) or (L).

I agree with my peers lol the T/O should be promotional only hate to say it your more experienced coming in the T/O from C/R. Do you have any promotionals in your class ? I bet they sleep thru most of the classes lol maybe they dont that you guys got the number 1 man hehe.

HAHA I haven't seen him in a while, oh man you saw a picture in a cab lmao. Ya he rarely goes into the crew room it gets real silent when he does pop his head in there.

Theres another ballbuster there hes new i never seen him before till Tuesday hes real tall and bald. It was 5 minutes after my clearing time and my T/O came with me to sign out. He happened to have his ipod on him and this guy I will call him the Great Khali from wrestling cause I didn't understand shit he said. told him he cant sign out with it on him. I really didn't wanna get involved the rules states u cant have it on your person while in operation of your duties.

Anyways yes I will never ever bid, pick, or do RDO or VC Relief in Queens except on the (A) or (L).

I agree with my peers lol the T/O should be promotional only hate to say it your more experienced coming in the T/O from C/R. Do you have any promotionals in your class ? I bet they sleep thru most of the classes lol maybe they dont that you guys got the number 1 man hehe.

Ha Ha..Khali! The guy was signing off,he wasn't operating anything..Wtf:confused:People always got something to say,they just gotta say something!Me,I would have signed the sheet with the ipod on my ears just because he wanna act up.:P Yes,there are a couple of promo's in my class.My classmates are pretty good and I think most of them will be good T/O's when they hit the road.As far as yur peers,I think it was very disrespectful what they said.For one,EVERYBODY is entitled to their own opinion,but to say this in an angry manner in front of NEW employees was tasteless.:(Sure it would be a plus if everyone started as a conductor to get some experience, but do you think being a conductor FIRST will really make you a better T/O than someone coming off the street or a promo from another department?Think about it,if you were on the outside and you found out TA was giving an exam for T/O,wouldn't you file?? It's a no brainer.You have the union,benefits and good pay just to run up and down the track all day.(Alot of B.S. in between)That being said,if people are gonna feel a way about outside T/O's, remember TA made these new rules not the employees.People are just trynna make a living and take care of their families,you can't get mad at that.:)

How long is the Train Operator training, I have its pretty intense
5 to almost 6 mos.The training is not that bad if you study and listen to yur instructors.You MUST study on yur own because you will not get homework.It's alot of information that you have to grasp in a short period of time.You will get a quiz weekly so the instructors can get an idea of how well yur taking in the info.Now...the hands on part of the training course is a whole different animal!You MUST be able to demonstrate that you can operate and control that train!!You will get tested on yur hands on skills and you MUST pass those exams.If you fail it once,you can get tutored and take it ONE more time.If you fail the SECOND time,it's a wrap!!We call those exams practicals.Another exam you MUST pass is the signal exam which is VERY,VERY important!That exam you MUST get a 100% or you WILL be out of a job.:eek: NO second chances with that one.It's a great experience because you will learn alot and have fun at the same time.

I personally believe being a C/R does make you a better T/O because you have a better understanding of what the C/R deals with and better at helping them out. I don't agree with T/O being O/C but it is what it is. When I was a C/R I liked working with Former C/R better then any one else because they always put me on the board and always communicated things to me. The thing about lot of these guys from the street they screw up then can't figure away out of it and take everyone downtown with them.

Like I said before I liked your class which leads me to believe not all hope is loss with some O/C T/O's. We had another class visit Euclid and they were all into themselfs

Hey DOB2DOS How A Div going???

DOB,my man!!! Wussup?? How's the class going? Any word on when yur gonna take the practical?

Hey DOB2DOS How A Div going???

We took the practical Monday. Everyone passed. I was the first to go. Had Superintendent (my last name without the son). He was cool, and most of us felt more comfortable with him, than with our own TSSs. We had our Mid-term today, and everyone passed that. Tomorrow we start yard posting. In order I got Corona (7)<7>, New Lots (2)(3)(4)(5), Westchester (6)<6>. Then next week I got Mosholu (4), E.180st (2)(5), 239 (2), and 242 (1).

That Friday we are back with our group, at Westchester Yard. Then we get into trouble shooting, signal test, and road operations (if you pass signal test).

We took the practical Monday. Everyone passed. I was the first to go. Had Superintendent (my last name without the son). He was cool, and most of us felt more comfortable with him, than with our own TSSs. We had our Mid-term today, and everyone passed that. Tomorrow we start yard posting. In order I got Corona (7)<7>, New Lots (2)(3)(4)(5), Westchester (6)<6>. Then next week I got Mosholu (4), E.180st (2)(5), 239 (2), and 242 (1).

That Friday we are back with our group, at Westchester Yard. Then we get into trouble shooting, signal test, and road operations (if you pass signal test).

Cool. Congrats on passing the practical. I think I might know who that Supt is...first initial J? If so Ive had the pleasure of meeting him but only once, and judging from that I'd say he's a good dude and he does have a sense of humor

D*MN...You guys did alot!:eek:I knew YOU were gonna pass.:) I'm happy for everyone.We're trying to see when our practical is but the "POWERS THAT BE" keeps putting it off!I wanna hurry up and get it over with,I got BIG DREAMS baby!!!! HA HA! So...do they give you a schedule in advanced for yard posting?? Be careful in Corona yard,I heard recently two trains crashed over there!:eek:Remember to watch the rails and switches for the route and don't move pass anything unsafe on the trackway..lol Soon we will start a new thread.."LIFE AFTER SCHOOLCAR"(God-willing)

Wow you guys didn't pass school car yet and have big dreams of life after School car!LOL:rolleyes: After school car it all about watching your back and working as a team with your C/R.
We'll be fine! Gotta stay positive..I must admit the C/R's we seen all look grumpy.:) I can't vibe with old heads..ha ha! People need to loosen up a bit.If they don't, I'll leave my master controller in Multiple coming in a station,then take a heavy break,release then another heavy break to shake them up a bit.:)

Is that the third "click" on the controller? I assume the first is series, second parallel as well...
Yeh,last click from right to left.Switches,series,parallel/multiple.We call the last click"Wrap it around".:D That's when the train is at FULL power.If yur going on a downgrade,that thing will haul A$$!!

Resricted Speed and extreme caution!What does this mean to you??? Well...Yesterday the class was making moves in the yard to add trains and take it up to 207st.It ALWAYS rains in the barn huh?? LOL! 3 car lenghts,50 ft,10ft,2ft..blah,blah,blah! There was a bugman in the barn waiting for us to come in and make an add.This bugman was BUGGED MAN!!!!:eek:My classmate was going 5mph making safety stops in the barn and he didn't like that..:D He was waving his arms and going crazy yelling "GO,GO,GO,GO,GO,C'MON,HURRY UP!!" He was making my classmate nervous because he's doing what we were told asper school car.:P Finally,my TSS had to tell him to calm down and relax.Wtf:confused:You wan't him to pull in the barn in MULTIPLE.:eek: I wish that was me,I would have GLADLY gave him the BUSINESS..Ha Ha! I would have took 30 minutes to inspect the cars we were adding to and REALLY mess with him!Remember my friends,safety first.:D People act like yur bothering them or something.:(He prob wasn't doing anything but farting around getting FREE money.Mr. bugman...You sir are a Prick!!!

We'll be fine! Gotta stay positive..I must admit the C/R's we seen all look grumpy.:D I can't vibe with old heads..ha ha! People need to loosen up a bit.If they don't, I'll leave my master controller in Multiple coming in a station,then take a heavy break,release then another heavy break to shake them up a bit.:P

I aint grumpy but if you do hard breaks like that your gonna get a hard break on the bridge when I pull the cord or I do worst drop the battery on u.

I aint grumpy but if you do hard breaks like that your gonna get a hard break on the bridge when I pull the cord or I do worst drop the battery on u.
Really?? Ok,I will drop the#24 circuit breaker on U....Better known as the "ADC" circuit breaker! Depending on the equipment,I will bypass you so you will be totally ignored!!C/R's are always talking about pulling the cord.:(Be my guess,pull the cord,back up traffic and tell mommy and daddy(CONTROL) why you did it.Remember if you mess with the job,yur F*cking the money up and I take that very seriously.Let's just say you'll be taking an early vacation that year.:D

Yeh,last click from right to left.Switches,series,parallel/multiple.We call the last click"Wrap it around".:D That's when the train is at FULL power.If yur going on a downgrade,that thing will haul A$$!!

Ah, you learn something new every day. I was going to ask the T/O on the E the other day since he was holding his door open, but I figured he'd tell me to be quiet.:P

Archived