Training and Schoolcar...

DOB2RTO

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, you learn something new every day. I was going to ask the T/O on the E the other day since he was holding his door open, but I figured he'd tell me to be quiet.:P
Aw man,you should have asked him.I don't think it would have been a big deal.Wait....I forgot,TA workers don't have a good rep for being too friendly!I blame it on the station agents.:D

Aw man,you should have asked him.I don't think it would have been a big deal.Wait....I forgot,TA workers don't have a good rep for being too friendly!I blame it on the station agents.:D

I think it's more me just being afraid to ask people anything, i'd rather walk around a store for hours trying to find it myself than going up to someone and asking them where the popcorn is.

I've seen some pretty angry looking transit workers though.:eek:

I think it's more me just being afraid to ask people anything, i'd rather walk around a store for hours trying to find it myself than going up to someone and asking them where the popcorn is.

I've seen some pretty angry looking transit workers though.:eek:

If you wan't to be a T/O you can't be afraid to ask questions.Try and get all the info you can,it will only benefit you.Working for the TA will eventually make you go CRAZEEEE!!:eek:It's the customers,management,fellow employees,rules,poor nutrition,MONEY$$,poor social life(NOT ME:D)ALL play a role in yur sanity.So if you see an angry looking TA worker,charge it to the game.:D

Really?? Ok,I will drop the#24 circuit breaker on U....Better known as the "ADC" circuit breaker! Depending on the equipment,I will bypass you so you will be totally ignored!!C/R's are always talking about pulling the cord.:(Be my guess,pull the cord,back up traffic and tell mommy and daddy(CONTROL) why you did it.Remember if you mess with the job,yur F*cking the money up and I take that very seriously.Let's just say you'll be taking an early vacation that year.:(

Lawl me call control if its one thing I learned control wont respond you have lots to learn about the radio.

Wowzerz....!! OK everyone, chill....I go away for 3 days and there's all this talk about emergency cords and circuit breakers...If I can borrow a line from Rodney King...Can't we all just get along?!?! :(
lol...not me,I'm chilling!!C/R's talking some emergency cord and battery B.S.:(

I kinda agree with diffusedmind, I would try to figure it out myself, but eventually I would have to ask...but I wouldn't wait till I was in a panic. Yea, I know everyone won't be Mr. (or Mrs.) helpful but hopefully they will realize they were all in your shoes at one time or another.....hopefully. :D

Wow NASCAR what the C/R said went over your head but its ok your in school car. Better treate the C/R's nice they can make or Break any T/O.
I understood quite well..he he! I'll work with anyone,I've just noticed that as we tour different areas,for the most part C/R's look all grumpy.I guess it's something you would have to see,my classmates and I all crack up because it's soooooo funny!:D

Now bugmen are a different story...go,go,go,go...:D
lol..that's a classic moment! I guess it NEVER rains in the barn.;)Now, if we could only get our hands on a R44 to take down the road again and use the "MIN BRAKE" a little less..ha ha!"joy ride" today on the R46 which I hate.:mad:That train is horrible,matter of fact they need to get rid of both those POS trains!

Your going to deal with Bugman like that every Yard you go to because they don't want you to make safety stops this way they don't have to bug you. Some T/O give them what they want and some don't. Always make those stops because if something happens they be the first one to tell the supervisor on you and your going downtown by yourself. I had one guy wave me in from the mid point of the barn I refused to move until he walked his butt outside to flag me in.

I understood quite well..he he! I'll work with anyone,I've just noticed that as we tour different areas,for the most part C/R's look all grumpy.I guess it's something you would have to see,my classmates and I all crack up because it's soooooo funny!:D

Wait till you see the grumpy motormen, there was this guy the other day at Bedford Park who was Vacation Relief bitching and crying about being behind a slow (D) train. Then he started getting racial about how the uniforms were made by a white man and how he likes to weak his uniform all baggy. I just kept quiet I felt like telling him how his uniform stripes signifies that hes a engineer but he's just a T/O not an Engineer because I know his small and pea sized brain didn't know that.

It was a disgusting moment for me I have heard Motormen whine but nothing like this. He's definitely someone I would love to yank and hang off the cord on he was just a waste of space.

Wait till you see the grumpy motormen, there was this guy the other day at Bedford Park who was Vacation Relief bitching and crying about being behind a slow (D) train. Then he started getting racial about how the uniforms were made by a white man and how he likes to weak his uniform all baggy. I just kept quiet I felt like telling him how his uniform stripes signifies that hes a engineer but he's just a T/O not an Engineer because I know his small and pea sized brain didn't know that.

It was a disgusting moment for me I have heard Motormen whine but nothing like this. He's definitely someone I would love to yank and hang off the cord on he was just a waste of space.

Sounds like this guy was an idiot.When you order uniforms,it's best to order larger than what yur fitted for.The "White man" comment was definitely stupid, however the "yanking" and "hanging" off the cord coment you made can offend some people also.Now...I'm not saying yur a "racist" or whatever but you could have worded that a little better imo.Yeh,we supposed to be Engineers!If TA changed our title to Engineers,they would have to pay us more and keep us parity with L.I.R.R. I really don't get it,we're under the same umbrella but we get paid less even tho we move MORE people.L.I.R.R. found out how many people we move when we striked!

Your going to deal with Bugman like that every Yard you go to because they don't want you to make safety stops this way they don't have to bug you. Some T/O give them what they want and some don't. Always make those stops because if something happens they be the first one to tell the supervisor on you and your going downtown by yourself. I had one guy wave me in from the mid point of the barn I refused to move until he walked his butt outside to flag me in.
Oh yeh..Cover yo A$$,I'm a firm believer in this!!

Yesterday,we did some cuts and adds on the R160's and cab appointments in the R143's.The trains are really nice and it's like getting into a Benz coming from yur daily driver that you beat the snot out of!:eek: These trains are VERY smooth and quiet but for NOW,I like the SMEE equipment!:) Maybe I'll change my mind when we take one for a "joy Ride", but it's just something about those R38's,32's,40's,42's,60's that I love.I just think that it's a REAL train so to speak.They have alot of "history" with them and I feel very comfortable operating that equipment.They will definitely be missed when TA junks them.:D

I gotta agree with Nascar...Yea, there are going to be people that you meet that piss you off for whatever reason, it's like that in ANY job, best not to let them get on your nerves and stoop down to their level.

Sounds like this guy was an idiot.When you order uniforms,it's best to order larger than what yur fitted for.The "White man" comment was definitely stupid, however the "yanking" and "hanging" off the cord coment you made can offend some people also.Now...I'm not saying yur a "racist" or whatever but you could have worded that a little better imo.Yeh,we supposed to be Engineers!If TA changed our title to Engineers,they would have to pay us more and keep us parity with L.I.R.R. I really don't get it,we're under the same umbrella but we get paid less even tho we move MORE people.L.I.R.R. found out how many people we move when we striked!

Lirr get paid more because they also run diesel trains ontop of the electric and have to learn their rail road signs plus Amtrak because they use their tracks to run into pennstation. Also they are the only ones that operate in dark territory...no electricity no signals, At least thats what they said in the orientation that I went to.

Lirr get paid more because they also run diesel trains ontop of the electric and have to learn their rail road signs plus Amtrak because they use their tracks to run into pennstation. Also they are the only ones that operate in dark territory...no electricity no signals, At least thats what they said in the orientation that I went to.
We run electric and diesel trains also.The diesel trains are called "work trains" and they use them to bring supplies and materials to workers that are repairing tracks.You have to be qualified for these trains to operate them.We as Train Operators also learn to operate trains in different divisions.WE have the "A " and "B" divisions.Each division have different signs and signals that you MUST know to safely operate.Each division has different track systems that you have to know.Each division have different equipment that you have to learn.You have the Smee equipment and the newer trains that only have brake pipe air!We also operate the older trains like the R44's, R46's.I have been training for almost 3 mos. and I have operated the R44's, R46's,R40A's,R40slants,R42's,R32's,R38's,R60's,R60A's,R160's and more to come!That's just one division which is the "B" division!I have to operate all these trains if I wan't to keep my job..lol I think that's a pretty good resume right there.:( Now,I'm not knocking the L.I.R.R. because it's definitely the DREAM job but I think TA train operators do alot also and should be paid MORE atleast parity with you guys.Is it gonna happen?? Don't think so, but it's something the union needs to address. Btw,you guys run mostly in a straight line..lol We DIVERGE..:(

Archived