2012 NFL and NCAA Football Thread

JubaionBx12+SBS

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- Jets puttin up 48.... offensive juggernauts huh.... lol.... Never expected that from them....

As long as Tebow aint put up all those points for them, I don't have a problem with it..... I've never been a sanchez guy (still think he's too petted), but I'm pulling for sanchez over tebow this year....

- So peyton wins his first game as a bronco; 31-19 over the steelers..... 19-26 for 253 yards & 2 TD's....

- What was up with Vick being all pass happy though; I hope he's not tweaking his game to silence critics.... He's not a pocket passer, and the eagles don't have possession receivers like that, that's gonna help his completion %-tage..... When I heard he had 56 attempts, I was like wtf; full knowing he's never been an efficient QB (while not entirely his fault).....

Now brees attempting 50+ & stafford attempting 48, you can come to expect out of those two.....

- Jets puttin up 48.... offensive juggernauts huh.... lol.... Never expected that from them....

As long as Tebow aint put up all those points for them, I don't have a problem with it..... I've never been a sanchez guy (still think he's too petted), but I'm pulling for sanchez over tebow this year....

- So peyton wins his first game as a bronco; 31-19 over the steelers..... 19-26 for 253 yards & 2 TD's....

- What was up with Vick being all pass happy though; I hope he's not tweaking his game to silence critics.... He's not a pocket passer, and the eagles don't have possession receivers like that, that's gonna help his completion %-tage..... When I heard he had 56 attempts, I was like wtf; full knowing he's never been an efficient QB (while not entirely his fault).....

Now brees attempting 50+ & stafford attempting 48, you can come to expect out of those two.....

After losing to Tebow's former team (Broncos) the Steelers go home to play his current team (Jets). :lol:

The Eagles need to be 'pass happy' to have a chance to win this season. The blueprint is out now with regards to this team... Don't let Vick out of the pocket to run and don't leave the WRs out in space.

Nothing really shocked me with regards to the Week 1 games besides the Jets scoring 48.

After losing to Tebow's former team (Broncos) the Steelers go home to play his current team (Jets). :lol:

The Eagles need to be 'pass happy' to have a chance to win this season. The blueprint is out now with regards to this team... Don't let Vick out of the pocket to run and don't leave the WRs out in space.

Nothing really shocked me with regards to the Week 1 games besides the Jets scoring 48.

Agreed. The Eagles Running game is not good. If Vick and his passing targets do not do the job, they will only at most 5-6 games. They are probably the "X" factor, among the most unpredictable teams. They also easily could win 10 games and be at least a wild card team. Also beating the Browns shows this is a strange team.

While the "Big 2" super rookie QB's had a mixed bag. Redskins RGIII wins his 1st NFL start while Luck and the Colts lose.

Other news is that arguably the NFL's best defensive player, Darrelle Revis got a "MILD CONCUSSION" in Sunday's blowout win vs. the Bills.

And finally from Sunday's opening weekend, knock on wood, with "Scab" woops i mean replacements refs, they actually did a descent job. Only minor screw up was the 4th added timeout in the Cards/Seahawks game. Thus the regular officals, better make a deal soon or risk losing their jobs for good.

Only against the Browns would you be able to get away with a crap game like what Vick displayed on Sunday. If he throws 4 picks against the Browns, I can't imagine how many he'd throw vs the Steelers and Ravens later this year.

And the Browns... 4 INT and no win? Pure mediocrity.

Why is there is a need to have 2 MNF games on the first week of the season.... That chargers/raiders game was a complete bore IMO....

The 2nd game in the MNF week 1 doubleheader seems to always feature either the damn raiders or the chargers - matter fact, since ESPN took over, there's only been 1 year where it hasn't..... Don't know why the league had the giants & cowboys playing on a wednesday either; but that's somethin else.....

Why is there is a need to have 2 MNF games on the first week of the season.... That chargers/raiders game was a complete bore IMO....

The 2nd game in the MNF week 1 doubleheader seems to always feature either the damn raiders or the chargers - matter fact, since ESPN took over, there's only been 1 year where it hasn't..... Don't know why the league had the giants & cowboys playing on a wednesday either; but that's somethin else.....

Bro i can answer both questions. First the reason the Giants/Cowboys was on Wed. night was that NBC wanted to cover Obama DNC Convention speech the next night. Thus the NFL granted permission for swicthing the now traditonal Thursday Night season opener(started in 2002) this year, a day earlier.

And second point. The reason ESPN has a doubleheader on their Monday Night opener is because CBS which carries mostly AFC games was covering the US Open Tennis Men/Woman's Final. Since The US Open is also in the 4pm (ET) time slot in which teams from the AFC west usually involving the Raiders, Chargers and Bronocos was switched and are featured in the 2nd game.

FYI. Giants/Cowboys actually beat in ratings the DNC featuring a speech by Bill Clinton. Yet the DNC was covered on 7 channels not counting C-Span (ABC, CBS, PBS Fox on free tv and the cable news channels Fox News, CNN and MSNBC.)

And second point. The reason ESPN has a doubleheader on their Monday Night opener is because CBS which carries mostly AFC games was covering the US Open Tennis Men/Woman's Final. Since The US Open is also in the 4pm (ET) time slot in which teams from the AFC west usually involving the Raiders, Chargers and Bronocos was switched and are featured in the 2nd game.

Thanks for the the replies....

WIth this part though, what I was getting at is - Why two games on MNF for the first week instead of just 1 (like the other 16 weeks of football on monday nights afterwards).... Either of the 2 games could've been scheduled for them to play this past sunday..... I always found the idea of 2 MNF games to be quite stupid - folks aint comin home from work on a monday night to get amped up to watch two NFL games back to back like that......

Now that I think about it more, my guess is ESPN did that back in 2005 to try to further draw the ppl. that long watched MNF on ABC into watching MNF on ESPN.... It was an attempt at innovation, which they simply kept the tradition of continuing on with in later years (2 MNF games on week 1)......

Thanks for the the replies....

WIth this part though, what I was getting at is - Why two games on MNF for the first week instead of just 1 (like the other 16 weeks of football on monday nights afterwards).... Either of the 2 games could've been scheduled for them to play this past sunday..... I always found the idea of 2 MNF games to be quite stupid - folks aint comin home from work on a monday night to get amped up to watch two NFL games back to back like that......

Now that I think about it more, my guess is ESPN did that back in 2005 to try to further draw the ppl. that long watched MNF on ABC into watching MNF on ESPN.... It was an attempt at innovation, which they simply kept the tradition of continuing on with in later years (2 MNF games on week 1)......

I am sure B35 that other theory you pointed out is main other reason well for a doubleheader on MNF during 1st week of NFL. If NFL wanted to they could have also just put the AFC teams vs. Interleague games vs the NFC as well when CBS is covering the US Open Final. Keep in mind also the NFL Network starting with this Thursday 9/13 Bears/Packers will shown all season now. Now in Metro NYC area, only Time Warner is last major cable/salelite not carrying NFL Network. I am sure some NFL fans will screaming especially when the Jets or Giants will be playing.

I am sure B35 that other theory you pointed out is main other reason well for a doubleheader on MNF during 1st week of NFL. If NFL wanted to they could have also just put the AFC teams vs. Interleague games vs the NFC as well when CBS is covering the US Open Final. Keep in mind also the NFL Network starting with this Thursday 9/13 Bears/Packers will shown all season now. Now in Metro NYC area, only Time Warner is last major cable/salelite not carrying NFL Network. I am sure some NFL fans will screaming especially when the Jets or Giants will be playing.

ridiculous... I can't fathom thursday night games getting much ratings/views... NFL is, and has always been a weekend tradition of sorts.....

------

As far as the Bears last night.... were there really people outside of bears fans expecting them to go to the superbowl?.... Ever since Cutler left the Broncos, he's been on a decline (I'm not talkin solely statistically)..... After a sack, he goin sit up there & shove his O-lineman, but pat brandon marshall on the head after not catching a catchable (IMO) pass in the end zone last night..... Just b/c you can throw a football doesn't make you a good leader; which is what the QB position entails..... Hell, his leadership skills were even questioned back when he was with denver..... As for the packers, well, the bears lost that game more than the packers won it, but at least ppl. can tone down on the "packers are done" bit after losing to a good team like the 49ers last week....

Turning to NCAA football for a hot minute I just read that Notre Dame has ditched the Big East conference for the ACC except for football. They will remain independent in football. Is the ND football still that much of a money maker that they they won't commit totally to the ACC ?

Turning to NCAA football for a hot minute I just read that Notre Dame has ditched the Big East conference for the ACC except for football. They will remain independent in football. Is the ND football still that much of a money maker that they they won't commit totally to the ACC ?

Three letters my friend. NBC. The Irish does not want to lose the gold mind that is NBC which has shown Notre Dame home games for over 20 years now,

On the college gridiron there were 3 big upsets on this Saturday

1) #20 Norte Dame defeats #10 Michigan State 20-3

2) #21 Stanford defeats #2 USC 21-14

3) Pittsburgh defeats #13 Virginia Tech 35-17

any reactions to the college action?

Jubaion you follow the espn types too much. A #20 and #21 beating top 10 teams is not an upset. Second why college football even should have polls so early in the season.

Week 2 Picks

Kansas City 30 Buffalo 13

Cleveland 14 Cincinnati 21

Minnesota 10 Indianapolis 20

New Orleans 28 Carolina 20

Houston 30 Jacksonville 10

Oakland 14 Miami 17

Arizona 3 New England 31

Tampa Bay 10 NY Giants 35

Baltimore 21 Philadelphia 20

Washington 24 St. Louis 10

Dallas 21 Seattle 23

NY Jets 20 Pittsburgh 24

Tennessee 17 San Diego 23

Detroit 24 San Francisco 30

Denver 28 Atlanta 35

Is the ND football still that much of a money maker that they they won't commit totally to the ACC ?

Shortline nailed it.... Notre Dame aint stupid.... lol.

Jubaion you follow the espn types too much. A #20 and #21 beating top 10 teams is not an upset. Second why college football even should have polls so early in the season.

Magic Johnson & Mike Golic made a stupid little bet on Mike & Mike earlier on in the week - Of course, with magic being a spartan alum & golic being a fighting irish alum..... I don't remember what they said what Magic would have to do if michigan st loses though.....

Archived