2012 NFL and NCAA Football Thread

JubaionBx12+SBS

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another missed holding on Talib vs Nicks

Missed unnecessary roughness call vs Phillips

Missed late hit out of bounds call vs Barron

Gillibride sucks. Shotgun draw in the endzone my ass. We never even try the FB dive anymore. This has been the Giants gameplan in the red zone so far:

1st Down: Fail Pass

2nd Down: Shotgun Draw

3rd Down: Nobody open

4th Down: Field Goal.

ANOTHER HOLDING MISSED ON TB? What is this crap?

I just turned on the giants game... My friend was right, the Bucs got good!

Nah, the giants offense just stunk for the first 3 quarters.... into's & dropped passes were killin em....

21 of TB's points came off the 3 turnovers.....

Another missed holding on Talib vs Nicks

Missed unnecessary roughness call vs Phillips

Missed late hit out of bounds call vs Barron

Gillibride sucks. Shotgun draw in the endzone my ass. We never even try the FB dive anymore.

This has been the Giants gameplan in the red zone so far:

1st Down: Fail Pass

2nd Down: Shotgun Draw

3rd Down: Nobody open

4th Down: Field Goal.

ANOTHER HOLDING MISSED ON TB? What is this crap?

The problem is the Giants don't have a red zone threat....

As far as those missed penalties, yeah, I was like WTF is goin on here..... TB had ample amt. of chances to close the game out....

That stupid timeout call TB made when the giants were in a 3rd & 2 situation (in that 4th qtr.) gave the giants new life......

I really thnk that was a bad call on that final TB pass.

Talkin about the mike williams play....... Nah, that's not a bad call.... it's a bad rule IMO.

Under the old rules, that would have ruled been a catch.....

Wow at the cheap shot on Manning. Is Schiano trying to be an ass like Jim Harbaugh?

We're not going to quit, that's just the way I coach and teach our players," Schiano said. "Some people were upset about it -- that's the way it goes. I don't have any hesitation. That's the way we play -- clean, hard football until they tell us the game's over

Next time someone is near Schiano by the sideline, they should just take him out.. Sorry Schiano. NFL players won't slow down just because you're there. Its the way they do it.

Why can't the NFL pay the real refs? These replacements suck, they are having some bs calls in the Jets game :angry:

Agreed! I remember with the ball placement issue (the one where Rex Ryan successfully challenged the spot) they added 16 seconds to the clock. Where did the extra 16 seconds come from, outer space?

I just realized why sometimes I hate the sports section. The writers completely do not account for anything important. Reading the Giants section, they are seriously overpraising Eli Manning. They are completely forgetting the Giants could not score on their own 3 yard line versus Dallas, and that was one close game until the fourth quarter.... And as for the Jets, all I have to say is the loss is overblown. It was a close game until halftime... And the Jets scored on the first drive, from their own 10!

... The same goes for pretty much all sports. Overblowing wins, having dismal predictions for losing one game....

I just realized why sometimes I hate the sports section. The writers completely do not account for anything important. Reading the Giants section, they are seriously overpraising Eli Manning. They are completely forgetting the Giants could not score on their own 3 yard line versus Dallas, and that was one close game until the fourth quarter.... And as for the Jets, all I have to say is the loss is overblown. It was a close game until halftime... And the Jets scored on the first drive, from their own 10!

... The same goes for pretty much all sports. Overblowing wins, having dismal predictions for losing one game....

VWM you can thank the current TMZ world for making all of journalism IMO go down the hill. Its about sensationalism now in news and sports with ESPN leading the way in sports.

Perfect example was in college football this past weekend (9/15/12)where #2 ranked USC lost to Stanford. The Stanford Cards who plays in the same conference are also intra-state foes with USC. A surprise result yes. A shocking upset as most ESPN and other college football analysts tried to sell the story of that game? It was far from it. :o

Off Topic but related. RIP to Steve Sabol. Most of you may not have known the name but he and his Dad are pioners as founders of NFL Films. NFL Films that was the first video production company to bring video clips of great catches to bloopers that other pro sports leagues around the globe now regularly use. In sense Steve Sabol is the Father of marrying entertainment and the NFL/pro sports. Mr. Sabol was only 69 years old and died of cancer. RIP. Here a classic with Sabol who was a Producer/Host and CEO of NFL Films of still popular "NFL Football Follies" first released on home video in 1985.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3Nej9PweiQ

I have this nfl season pullout from news day (from early september) and I was looking at it and realized 3/5 editors think the bills will get the wild card spot...

Smfh

While the current NFL in 2012 where anything is possible, I dont think the Bills will get a wild card. Maybe finishing with 8 wins is best case scenrio for them.

Archived