2012 NFL and NCAA Football Thread

JubaionBx12+SBS

Well the rest of week #3 about to start. Besides the Jets visiting South Fla. to play the Dolphins(Fish's Stadium might have as much as 30% Jet fans with all the New York natives in Fla. and Fish not playing great)so winnable game for Gang Green.

While the main game of the week, the Pats and Ravens play in Baltimore. In general while the NFL does a very good job scheduling games for NBC Sunday Night and ESPN Monday Night games, why this excellent match up so early in season?

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This jets game is loving the turnover... Too bad Sanchez threw an interception to end the 2nd one...

2 turnover for each team through middle of 3rd period. Game tied at 10-10 as of this writing.

Fish just scored and now lead 17-10.

Off Topic for minute. Man has times changed. In the 1980's and early '90's when Dan Marino was playing, Dolphins Stadium (or whatever it's called now)was filled with sellouts and a 5-10 year waiting list. Now today's Jets/Fish game (9/23/12)has at most maybe 40-50,000 fans with at least 20% of those at the game Jet fans. Further proof, South Fla. has for now become a Miami Heat town.

Man further proof Miami is worst big city in America for loyal sports fans.

Jets leading 20-17, Revis injured, again.

Viking beat the 49ers. :o

What an upset.

EDIT: Jets beat the Fish in OT, with Nick Folk's field goal.

49ers might be the best team in league at this moment. However lets not make the current 2012 49ers to be the 1989 team led by Joe Montana and Jerry Rice one of the best (arguably)ever in NFL History. They still probably lose at least 3 games.

- 49ers have no business losing to the vikings.... they rely way too much on kicking FG's....

- Some comeback by the lions in the last minute or two of the game to force OT - Only to lose by going for it on a 4th & short deep in titans territory down by 3.... all they had to do there was kick the FG & tie it up to continue OT.....

- I'm enjoying every bit of this ownage the cardinals defense is putting on the philly o-line....

Much as I don't care for the guy, a lot of this isn't Vick's fault - He's not gonna last the whole season if this keeps up....

- 49ers have no business losing to the vikings.... they rely way too much on kicking FG's....

- Some comeback by the lions in the last minute or two of the game to force OT - Only to lose by going for it on a 4th & short deep in titans territory down by 3.... all they had to do there was kick the FG & tie it up to continue OT.....

- I'm enjoying every bit of this ownage the cardinals defense is putting on the philly o-line....

Much as I don't care for the guy, a lot of this isn't Vick's fault - He's not gonna last the whole season if this keeps up....

That why i love to hear your comments on games as our NYCTF chief sports analyst bro(B35). You keep it real and no BS like the clowns at ESPN. :D

In maybe one of the best and emotional games of NBC Sunday Night Football since the main NFL "game of the week" prime time series shifted from ABC (Monday Night Football) in 2006, Ravens in a thriller beats the Pats on last second FG 31-30. Star of game is Baltimore WR Torrey Smith who was playing despite his younger brother dying in an auto accident, earlier in the weekend scoring 2 TD's.

For regular season early on this was a great game. I still stand that the game could be scheduled for later in the season in Nov. or Dec.

Next Sunday, a pair of 2-1 teams go at it. Giants-Eagles on Sunday night. Is it me or NBC always has to have a Giants-Eagles game and Giants-Cowboys game?

Simple. The NFC East features '4' of the most popular (also most expensive teams to buy ownership in)of the top 6 teams among NFL fans in the US and beyond. The other most popular teams of course being the Packers and Steelers. Even when they 'suck' and are in last place, the Giants and Cowboys especially will always get at least 2-3 games in national prime time on either current networks NBC or ESPN. So in sum, it's a business decision as well.

Breaking news. Jets Darrelle Revis is out for rest of 2012 season with a torn ACL

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/darrelle-revis-a-torn-left-acl-ny-jets-coach-rex-ryan-rule-cornerback-remainder-season-article-1.1167054

And back to refs lockout. Its really gotten bad this weekend. While it did not that bad w/ this weekend Jets and Giants games for rest of the league watching the highlights lets say the "scab" officals suck. ESPN kissing butt to NFL Owners are hardly mentoining the bad job by the replacement refs. However good job by CBS, NBC and Fox for making this work stoppage a big issue with their announcers. I am surprised the players have not considered walking out themselves. reactions?

Revis tore his ACL. Hopefully we can overcome it.

On a side note : FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFDFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF(F)FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Waving hello VWM. I Already mentioned the Revis ACL injury. :o

Breaking news. Jets Darrelle Revis is out for rest of 2012 season with a torn ACL

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1167054

And back to refs lockout. Its really gotten bad this weekend. While it did not that bad w/ this weekend Jets and Giants games for rest of the league watching the highlights lets say the "scab" officals suck. ESPN kissing butt to NFL Owners are hardly mentoining the bad job by the replacement refs. However good job by CBS, NBC and Fox for making this work stoppage a big issue with their announcers. I am surprised the players have not considered walking out themselves. reactions?

Wow. This is deep. The MNF ESPN game between Seahawks and Packers ending (9/24/12) will be talked about for years to come. One of the worst screw up ever on a prime time game. Packers Jennings should been credited with the INT. To NFL Boss Mr. Goodell, you better get the real refs back or be fired lol. And I am no Packers fan either. :angry:

Here clip. IMO Packers got robbed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oku99s3SBfg

Amazing, simply amazing is all I can say. For both the Sunday and Monday NFL showcases to end in controversy like this is a giant stain on the league and it's product. The owners are playing hardball with the officials on job and money issues while the product on the field loses it's integrity I don't root for any of the teams who played these two games but the controversies that ended both games spoiled whatever enjoyment I got from watching them. What a shame.

Amazing, simply amazing is all I can say. For both the Sunday and Monday NFL showcases to end in controversy like this is a giant stain on the league and it's product. The owners are playing hardball with the officials on job and money issues while the product on the field loses it's integrity I don't root for any of the teams who played these two games but the controversies that ended both games spoiled whatever enjoyment I got from watching them. What a shame.

This is what the scab refs should be replaced with!

Didn't see it live, but I saw the recap before I left this morning.... Yeah, the packers got screwed - no way is that "joint possession"... GTFOH...

If that's the case, anyone can just pile on top of a recipient of the football (after a reception or an interception) & place their arm(s) around the football, after the player who originally had possession, established possession..... This isn't like a fumble where the last guy that has possession, wins possession....

Didn't see it live, but I saw the recap before I left this morning.... Yeah, the packers got screwed - no way is that "joint possession"... GTFOH...

If that's the case, anyone can just pile on top of a recipient of the football (after a reception or an interception) & place their arm(s) around the football, after the player who originally had possession, established possession..... This isn't like a fumble where the last guy that has possession, wins possession....

I saw the end of that game last night (9/24/12)after coming back from grocery shopping. Just saw Craig Carton this morning (Boomer and Carton)put up a still photo (some seahawks fans were stating after the game that WR Tate did catch the ball)that puts to rest that the Packers Jennings did clearly had the pick.

Even with the media firestorm and few fans calling for a boycott, the NFL Owners are not just Billionarie Businessmen for a reason. IMO sorry but there a strong chance, the scabs will still continue to be refs for rest of the season. The Owners will only care is either they bust the officals union or if tv ratings and public interest drops. And that slim and none with millions of fans in America and beyond 'addicted' to the NFL especially with the gambling element.

Archived