The MTA heading your way with good news!

Shortline Bus

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do you think it's indirect? You are still gonna get to where you need to go, right?

The problem is that the travel time is longer than going directly out of Co-Op City.

How about if the Bx26 served the northern part (along with the Bx30/38), but the Bx28 still went straight out of Section 5? (Not arguing, just throwing it out there).

The problem is that the travel time is longer than going directly out of Co-Op City.

How about if the Bx26 served the northern part (along with the Bx30/38), but the Bx28 still went straight out of Section 5? (Not arguing, just throwing it out there).

Again, if the headways on the Bx38 improve dramatically, then I won't have a problem with the Bx38. The Bx26 is a no-brainer IMO

Well what's wrong with increasing service on the Bx38? I see nothing wrong with my proposal. It can still provide proper service for everyone, if service on the rerouted Bx26 and Bx38 was high enough Why must you ride through all 5 sections to get where you are going?? That's not fair to them, and you know that some people couldn't have been happy with that.

Remember, Section 5 has access to the (6), along with a transfer to the Bx12 SBS (along with Section 4 nearby).

Co-op residents in general never had a problem with going through all the sections.... For as long as I been visiting family out there, not once have I been on any of the routes that serve co-op where riders were agitated or upset about encircling the rest of their community.... Never read anything of the sort on any of these transit forums in the past either......

This is a clear-cut case of not knowing the service and the areas being spoken about. Do not argue with someone who lives directly in the area...

I'm not gonna sugarcoat it.... It's a case of being stubborn.....same thing happened in that B51 discussion......

I can't do quotes from my phone so I apologize in advance. For what cotb16 said, he brings up a great point. People here are talking about why can't Section 5 get direct service to Gun Hill and whatnot. Why can't I get direct service to the (6) train from my section in Co-op? Riddle me that one lol.

And B35 is on point with everything he said. I've been living here since 2007 and I never heard people complain either.

I can't do quotes from my phone so I apologize in advance. For what cotb16 said, he brings up a great point. People here are talking about why can't Section 5 get direct service to Gun Hill and whatnot. Why can't I get direct service to the (6) train from my section in Co-op? Riddle me that one lol.

And B35 is on point with everything he said. I've been living here since 2007 and I never heard people complain either.

I don't have the map in front of me, but don't the Bx23 & Q50 go to the (6)?

I'm glad this thread is reopened. None of this my neighborhood is better than yours crap. Anyway, I forgot one thing on my proposals, restore weekend service on the S54. Not too keen on sending it to St George though

My guess for the Co-op City argument is that so every section could receive service to as many of the corridors as possible.

Allerton: for Lehman College and Bronx HS of Science and Beth Abraham Health Center

Gun Hill: for (5) and (2) connections, Montefiore Hospital, and Clinton High School

Boston Rd: for Cardinal Spellman HS and some of the shops and residential areas

Pelham Bay: for (6) and other buses

Pelham Parkway: for Jacobi Hospital, Fordham Road Shops, Inwood

Do Co Op City residents like the direct service to Bay Plaza on the Bx38?

MTA could just scrap Bay Plaza service all together and revert the Bx28 back to normal, but keep the Bx38 during rush hours which would operate via the current Bx28 route. Revert the Bx25/Bx26 back to the original service. This would give section 5 a choice of a quicker ride through Co Op City, or they can go through all sections.

Rush Hours

Bx25 - Section 4/5 (peak direction only)

Bx26 - All sections

Bx28 - All sections

Bx38 - Section 5 (both directions)

All other times

Bx26 - All sections

Bx28 - All sections

This eliminates the confusion of the Bx28 by having it operate the same route all times, the Bx38 would run the bypass route.

Bay Plaza however would lose the Bx38.

Do Co Op City residents like the direct service to Bay Plaza on the Bx38?

MTA could just scrap Bay Plaza service all together and revert the Bx28 back to normal, but keep the Bx38 during rush hours which would operate via the current Bx28 route. Revert the Bx25/Bx26 back to the original service. This would give section 5 a choice of a quicker ride through Co Op City, or they can go through all sections.

Rush Hours

Bx25 - Section 4/5 (peak direction only)

Bx26 - All sections

Bx28 - All sections

Bx38 - Section 5 (both directions)

All other times

Bx26 - All sections

Bx28 - All sections

This eliminates the confusion of the Bx28 by having it operate the same route all times, the Bx38 would run the bypass route.

Bay Plaza however would lose the Bx38.

You know what? I like that idea right here. It would work for everyone. When I got to Co-op City, I wondered why there wasn't a special kind of bus like the Bx25 for Gun Hill and Section 5. That would be fantastic. As for Bay Plaza, it's one of the few things about the Bx38 that is ok but I can live without it. I'm not sure how people are with it but I can say that when I see it leaving Bay Plaza to go to the rest of the sections, it's practically empty.

I also think Great One idea is a very good "compromise." Don't forget the BX29 would still serve Bay Plaza as well.

Exactly and all the buses practically stop at Bay Plaza anyway just right outside of it. The Bx29 is enough

Exactly and all the buses practically stop at Bay Plaza anyway just right outside of it. The Bx29 is enough

Cameron(Princelex) here email direct to NYCT VP/Director of NYCT/(MTA) Bus to send that excellent suggestion by Greatone. His name is Darryl Irick.

Darryl.Irick@NYCT.COM and also write to MTA headquarters as well getting as many signatures as possible.

I also think Great One idea is a very good "compromise." Don't forget the BX29 would still serve Bay Plaza as well.

I agree with this compromise. Bay Plaza mostly gets its patrons from outside of Co-op City. As for the Bx38 during rush hours, have it serve section 4 too (like the old Bx25).

Cameron(Princelex) here email direct to NYCT VP/Director of NYCT/(MTA) Bus to send that excellent suggestion by Greatone. His name is Darryl Irick.

Darryl.Irick@NYCT.COM and also write to MTA headquarters as well getting as many signatures as possible.

Darryl Irick Facebook https://www.facebook.../darryl.irick.5

Peter Cafiero head nyct ops planning Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002641928781

Archived