The MTA heading your way with good news!

Shortline Bus

This is my idea of a streamlined B15, as the route near the former St. Mary's Hospital where you can make major changes: https://maps.google....075354,0.154324

By rerouting the B15 to Troy/Albany Avenues b/w Fulton Street and East NY Avenue, it helps speed up the route and reduces redundancy in the area.

...Not to mention it adds a connection to the (4) at Utica Av (for those wanting to walk two blocks from St. Johns to Eastern).

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...Not to mention it adds a connection to the (4) at Utica Av (for those wanting to walk two blocks from St. Johns to Eastern).

People already do that to connect to the B45, so why wouldn't they do it for the B15?

eh, I'd rather leave the B15 route alone; the routing is indirect, but it works, and the ppl. do use the 15 over there..... streamlining it screws those residents that live over by the kingsborough houses - and they use the 15 moreso than the 65.... don't see the need to screw those patrons to have the 15 run along st. johns.....

In other words, the 15 does more for ppl. around dean/bergen than it would for st johns..... the 45 has its issues, but the 65 is even worse......

eh, I'd rather leave the B15 route alone; the routing is indirect, but it works, and the ppl. do use the 15 over there..... streamlining it screws those residents that live over by the kingsborough houses - and they use the 15 moreso than the 65.... don't see the need to screw those patrons to have the 15 run along st. johns.....

In other words, the 15 does more for ppl. around dean/bergen than it would for st johns..... the 45 has its issues, but the 65 is even worse......

The B15 does not need to travel through that neighborhood. I've ridden that route all my life, buses fly through there. People seem to take the B65 over the B15 and B45, as I have noticed. The connection to Utica Avenue will benefit riders more than they will lose.

I don't like this West Village-Clinton route. It looks like it won't serve a subway station. All these other new routes do

And so? Buses aren't just feeders for the subway... That area is growing over there and while I don't see the line getting tons of usage I can see the need for some sort of service there.

I don't like this West Village-Clinton route. It looks like it won't serve a subway station. All these other new routes do

It will probably serve 72nd Street-Broadway: (1), (2), (3) and the 14th Street-8th Avenue, (A), (C), (E), (L). Those are pretty big hubs. It's probably going to serve Columbus Circle from what I can tell from the description, and the (A), (B), (C) and (D) are there as well...

Here's my idea, which also includes a possible extention to Spring Street to further serve the West Village: http://goo.gl/maps/aYtf0

Maybe Saturdays only, every 75 minutes?

I think hourly service could work and I suggested reduced frequencies to Senator Golden so that some sort of the service is there for X28 riders. Quite frankly I really want to see the service brought back, as it would benefit me on Sundays when the BM3 doesn't run to Southern Brooklyn.

I think hourly service could work and I suggested reduced frequencies to Senator Golden so that some sort of the service is there for X28 riders. Quite frankly I really want to see the service brought back, as it would benefit me on Sundays when the BM3 doesn't run to Southern Brooklyn.

Do you really detest the (Q) that much?

On topic, IMHO hourly is too much to start with. Maybe every 90 minutes?

I have an Unlimited Express Bus Pass for a reason and it makes no sense for me to spend what I do a week to ride the subway, not to mention that my commute to South Brooklyn is faster with the express bus connections from Riverdale. The fact remains that whether you like it or not, we're going to continue to fight for what WE who use the service needs. Period. Rest assured that this matter is far from over. Senator Golden, Assembleywoman Malliotakis along with other representatives of Dyker Heights, Bath Beach and Bensonhurst, along with folks like myself will continue to fight to get that express bus restored on weekends. It has been a long fight for over a year, but I won't rest until that bus is restored and folks like you just give me more of a reason to continue to fight for it.

Maybe Saturdays only, every 75 minutes?

I really don't like the idea of routes running less than once an hour in NYC. If that's the case, then it really shouldn't run at all.

As far as this new Manhattan route goes, south of Abingdon Square, it would parallel the M20, so I don't think the MTA would go for it.

And looking at Threxx's Spring Creek route, I don't think it needs to go and serve that pocket at the end of Forbell Street. I don't know whose great idea it was to build those townhomes in an isolated area like that (unless maybe they thought it would be safer if it were isolated from the rest of East NY), but I don't think the route needs to go out of its way to serve that area.

And looking at Threxx's Spring Creek route, I don't think it needs to go and serve that pocket at the end of Forbell Street. I don't know whose great idea it was to build those townhomes in an isolated area like that (unless maybe they thought it would be safer if it were isolated from the rest of East NY), but I don't think the route needs to go out of its way to serve that area.

I actually agree with this, I'll change the route...

However, I think they can serve the development by just rerouting the B13... this was a developers push to have a completely new route. Same with the Hunts Point route, you can reroute the Bx6 or just add a new branch like a Bx6A (like I did on the map).

The B15 does not need to travel through that neighborhood. I've ridden that route all my life, buses fly through there. People seem to take the B65 over the B15 and B45, as I have noticed.

Hogwash..... The B15 does not fly through that area.... It crawls through that area, what are you talking about ?

Amazing what you come up with to try to justify your ideas.....

If it so-called flew through that area, then there would be no real need to straighten the thing, since the route gets good levels of ridership/usage the way it does....

dean/bergen, rochester, buffalo, st marks..... that area east of troy needs the B15; It's not just Bed Stuy riders filling up B15's towards brownsville & ENY before it hits brownsville dude..... The real problem is the gap along st johns place heading eastward, not the gap b/w bergen & st john's along albany/troy heading towards the IRT..... the 46 got that covered.....

Your whole commentary w/ that latest reply is regarding the 15's usage heading towards Woodhull in that area.... It's why it's easy to sit up there & say the 65 gets more utilized than the 15..... heading towards Brownsville on the 15 is a totally different animal.....

The people around st. johns/utica (hell, st john's period really) are too busy making their way (walking) towards the IRT.... Don't take my word for it - on any given weekday, go see how many ppl you see walking southward towards eastern pkwy that haven't came off any bus..... That area around the B65 isn't near as close to where they can walk to the IRT, so it doesn't serve much of a purpose moving 15's along st johns & off dean/bergen east of troy - A connection to utica av @ st johns place for the 15 is small potatoes b/c the current 15 already connects to the 46 @ dean & bergen....

as far as people using the 65 over the 45 b/w their respective points, While I'll agree that the 65's usage has gone up over the years, that's more due to the consistent problems the 45 has been having (let my elders tell it) for decades..... constant lateness & bunching (prepare for that to get worse when these stinkin nets start playin here)..... moving the 15 along a portion of st. johns is not gonna rectify any of that....

It just.... isn't.

You are making the B15 less useful overall by straightening it on st. johns - You know this too, since you commence in telling me "The connection to Utica Avenue will benefit riders more than they will lose.".... The MTA is spot on w/ the way it's routed in that area...... Catchment area's increased w/ the way it's routed over there....

Now that I re-read your post, I see you're talking about utica av subway...... (you) should've made that more clear....

Anyway, that connection would only benefit patrons residing in the more northern portion of the route; i.e. bed stuy riders..... Which confirms what I said earlier about you only looking at things from a particular vantage point regarding the B15 route..... I knew something wadn't right when someone would so easily say that ppl. seem to take the 65 over the 15 & the 45 up there.....

In any event, that connection to utica av subway will do nothing for riders on the opposite side of the route b/c riders would have already been on (3) trains heading west towards utica subway.... I'm telling you now, virtually no B15 rider that utilizes the eastern portion of the route south of Bed Stuy. would agree to moving the route onto st. johns..... your idea mainly benefits bed stuy riders of the 15 moreso than anyone else..... this includes ppl going to/from woodhull.... and No, I'm not implicating bed stuy patrons are the only ppl. that ride out to woodhull......

I like the idea of the new DUMBO and Red Hook routes being one and replacing the B57 below Downtown Brooklyn. I'd just call it the B77. Also, I'd have it go back to its old terminal, it can give people another option to the lower left corner of Red Hook, such as Valentino Pier. And it's not all that far beyond IKEA.

NewB77.png

Briilliant idea Mysterious.Agree 100%. It would not only give Red Hook a second route back but also improve reability on a long route such as the B57. In beginning the "B57" should only been extended to Columbia St/Atlantic (B63 terminal) for increased bus service to busy LI College Hopstial in the area. Plus increased realibilty for bus service along Smith/Court Sts. as well. And finally a new bus line connecting Downtown Brooklyn with Dumbo and the Brooklyn Navy Yards or w/e it's called now to boot.

Too bad the ()' /> often lack common sense.

I like the idea of the new DUMBO and Red Hook routes being one and replacing the B57 below Downtown Brooklyn. I'd just call it the B77. Also, I'd have it go back to its old terminal, it can give people another option to the lower left corner of Red Hook, such as Valentino Pier. And it's not all that far beyond IKEA.

NewB77.png

Archived