Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Shortline Bus

The MTA heading your way with good news!

Thank you

i have the 9 page report,,but there are some details missing,,,,example the Q30 and the BX13 extension

Edited by spikecat54

Guest MTA Bus

The Q30 will be rerouted to serve Queensboro Community College with the Q27. The Bx13 will be extended from Yankee Stadium to Gateway Mall via River Avenue.

• Upvote 1

I would make the New Spring Creek route serve Queens as well

What part of Queens ?

And don't say Lindenwood, b/c they've made it quite clear they don't want service to Brooklyn..... Don't need the Q21a all over again.....

• Upvote 2

So we address new growth over the past five years before we address growth that occurred 50 years ago?

Yeah, that's a good point.... there are still holes in the bus network in south brooklyn, but they're adding new dinky little services to parts of north brooklyn that are growing..... I still can't get over the DUMBO/Navy yard one.....

• Upvote 1

Here my replies to Allan's proposals.

I like the "B31" extension but there should be another terminal besides 13th Avenue/Bay Ridge Avenue area which is middle of "nowwhere." Might as extend a few blocks and terminate it at the 62nd St (D)(N) subway station.

As far as splitting the B82, I always felt the pre B5/50 merger around 1995, the branch from Stillwell Terminal should end at the Rockaway Parkway station.

This is what I would do.

"B82" between Rockaway Parkway Station and Stilwell Terminal. Via Flatlands, Ralph, Avenue H, Kings Highway (replacing "B7" service *south of Utica/Ave H)then existing route to/from Coney Island.

"B81" aka "B50" between Coney Island Ave/Kings Highway and Gateway Mall (overnights only to Starret City/Spring Creek Towers)via Kings Highway, Flatbush, Flatlands, Rockaway Pwy station loop, Flatlands East, Penn, then via B83 routing to/from Gateway.

On "B2" I am neutral on it as I am not sure the ()' /> will approve that drastic change extending it to Bensonhurst and also extend the "B31" to Boro Park? Main issue is if the NIMBY's in Mill Basin/Bergen Beach approve a "B2/B100" merger?

And the "Q51" routing. A better idea is to run it as say called the "B5" between Stillwell terminal and Mill Basin area such as serving Floyd Bennet Field. However other than summer weekends the "Q35" does not need an additional route just better headways.

And lastly with the "B4" I would extend it westbound to either 1)86th/4th station or 2)Lutheran Medical center area ("B11" Sunset Park Terminal) IMO The Knapp Street terminal is fine.

...Not to mention it adds a connection to the (4) at Utica Av (for those wanting to walk two blocks from St. Johns to Eastern).

The only connection would be the n/b B15, which would be one block away from the Schenectady Ave entrance. The s/b B15 would connect to the the (3) at Kingston Ave. Remember the B15 would be crossing Eastern Pkwy on its way down to ENY Ave. I would run the B15 on Empire Blvd instead of ENY Ave, if anything.

how fast is dumbo growing

Not fast enough to have another bus route roaming through the area, I'll tell you that much......

The only connection would be the n/b B15, which would be one block away from the Schenectady Ave entrance. The s/b B15 would connect to the the (3) at Kingston Ave. Remember the B15 would be crossing Eastern Pkwy on its way down to ENY Ave. I would run the B15 on Empire Blvd instead of ENY Ave, if anything.

Disregard my last post on this topic.

• Upvote 1