MCI Questions

BM5 via Woodhaven

I am gonna go fanning to Philly in a few weeks so I have several questions

What are routes have MCI's that do not go to PABT

Does the 409 use MCI's, since I plan on taking it end to end depending on how my trip will go.

Does the 319 to Atlantic City have any MCI's that are lavatory equipped

Does the 551/409 have lavatory equipped buses

Well It's customed because mainly the long distanced routes use it, however I will take the 319 from NY to Atlantic City. And then a 551, so I'm asking.

The 319 does utilize buses with restrooms given the extreme distance. The 401,02,06,08,09,10,12 and 551 in the Philly area all have MCI's...

Well It's customed because mainly the long distanced routes use it, however I will take the 319 from NY to Atlantic City. And then a 551, so I'm asking.

so you took my advice in the chatroom the other day..... cool....

enjoy the rides man !

Does the 409 use MCI's, since I plan on taking it end to end depending on how my trip will go.

1) all the routes noreasternick listed, plus the other 31x routes & all the 55x routes.... the 63, 64, 67, and 68 also has em.....

2) the 409... yup

(if you plan on taking the 409 back to trenton for the RR, be advised that it's every 2 hrs towards trenton on weekends)....

3a) yup

3b) nah (to both)

Sometimes I end up seeing Newton Ave NABIs on the 409 / 417 trips In Philly that go to Burlington or Mt Holly

For the short turn 409's, yep, I have seen NABI's also.....

Currently, the 75, 329, and 353. The GWB Lines also uses MCI's if there isn't any NABI's available.

Not a South Jersey B/O, no idea. 553 might know more.

99.9%, all 319's are lav buses unless there is a special schedule for a holiday, where NJT will use any D4500 available. I have done the 319 on 7121, a non-lav bus. If someone needed to use the restroom, I pulled over at the nearest rest stop and let them use it. Control Center allows it as long as I call them to let them know my location and when I'm back on the road.

551 uses D4000 and D4500's. The D4500's are Lav Buses from Egg Harbor (553, if I'm wrong, correct me please), so if you get on a 45 footer, it's a LAV bus.

In NJT, the only garages with D4500's are Wayne, Howell, Meadowlands, and Egg Harbor, with Mead and Egg with Lav Buses for D4500. Fairview has a few D4000 with lav's in there, but it's kept locked.

so you took my advice in the chatroom the other day..... cool....

enjoy the rides man !

2) the 409... yup

(if you plan on taking the 409 back to trenton for the RR, be advised that it's every 2 hrs towards trenton on weekends)....

I do plan on doing that, but on a friday

Well I have a change of plans. I just need to know if the 361/375/379 or of any of those X variant buses use MCI'S

Those routes are express routes in Newark, just renumbered. They use NABIs and/or RTS (361 & 375 use both) and operate on both AM and PM rush hours

361- 1X to & from Ivy Hill via 13th st

375- 25X to & from Maplewood, doesnt stop from MLK Dr to Grove St

378- Secaucus express both ways

Archived