Transit Memorabilia Madness

So at my Mom's, I found a bunch of old maps, schedules, brochures and transfers:

Old bus transfers:

IMG_00000378.jpg

Schedules and brochures:

IMG_00000385.jpg

Old MSBA(Long Island Bus) schedules, and MNR, LIRR maps:

IMG_00000384.jpg

Old PBL schedules:

IMG_00000383.jpg

Now here's a cool find. During the days of the R110s, if you requested it, NYCT mailed you the schedules to the two test trains. They were simple printouts. I still have them AND, being the Art and Design HS student I was, I made schedules styled after the then current ones. These are dated mid-90s:

R110A:

IMG_00000379.jpg

R110B(these are the ones I made using the actual timetables, styled to the then current schedules):

IMG_00000380.jpg

IMG_00000381.jpg

IMG_00000382.jpg

That bottom run was added after printing so I wrote it in.

Enjoy!

@youngblaze. The 40s is where my mom lives. We moved here in 1990.

@trainguy97. I couldn't find that thread. Can a mod please move this? And don't count on the 110s ever running again. Last time checked, 3 cars got scrapped for parts, 3 cars got distributed for training and the other 3 are collecting dust. And who knows about the IRT set

@N4viaMerrickRd that particular brochure focused on he subway changes. There was another one that showed all of the bus changes in jamaica including the N4. I'm looking for that one myself as I had a few of them.

That's a shame, I would've thought they had sent the cannibalized cars for the FDNY to train on since those trains don't need to run. There's just no place for that last 3 car set as the Franklin S platforms are too short and the Rock Park S would need more cars. Ideally at least 5 operational R110B cars to replace a 4 car R46 train.

Actually, one car is for fdny training last time I check(I need to confirm this). When they scrapped the first 3 for parts, they ran the other 6 on the C, since they were designed as triplets at the original BMT Standard 67' per car. OPTO would be 3 cars while 6 cars ran in place of 8 60-footers. Which is probably why we'll see 75'cars before 67' cars.

To me those 67' car trains just doesn't make sense. I mean sure now with how the MTA ultimately wants to turn the system into opto, it won't matter about the c/r's placement. But did they need 2 c/r's when all 9 cars ran? I thought there was a rule that said a c/r was responsible for up to 300' in either direction and nothing more. What sucked was they were all linked sets so it wasn't as simple as cutting out a car and inserting it onto another set for a 4-car train.

Only one c/r was needed. Some of the blue R110 c/r boards are still around especially along the A. If I remember correctly. They were positioned between the second and third sets n/b(cars 6 & 7) and the first and second sets s/b (cars 3&4). Technically, a full length set of 67' cars is 3 feet longer than 8 75 footers and 2 feet shorter than 10 60ft cars and I believe are short enough to run on the BMT eastern. It was also a one of a kind train. As for the rule, I know of no rule currently but obviously there was no rule then. If there was, the 110B was the exception.

Archived