Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
VinnyBrooklyn

Rockaway Park Diverse Equipment

I just came from Rockaway Park station and I was thinking how odd it is to have so many different peices of equipment in one place.

In the pocket was a R42 getting ready for Express A service to Manhattan, and a R46 shuttle.

In the Yard was the retired 2 car R40 and a few R32's waiting to go into Express service. 4 peices of equipment all in one place.

If you rode the (A) a few years ago it was even more diverse with R32/38/40s/40m/42/44s. Before that time the (N) had the most diverse fleet before the R160s arrived.

Edited by Grand Concourse
  • Upvote 3

The R40 slant is sitting in the yard at Rock Park. Just two cars, they use it for training. For me I remember almost all the slants were on the A line in the mid 1970's or 1980's. If you ever watch the beginning of the tv show "Night Court" you can see a slant R40 in the opening credits on the A line.

• Upvote 1