Southern Brooklyn Service Investments

BrooklynBus

Well, with the way BrooklynBus would extend the B2, the B2 would absorb the same riders the current B82 gets b/w coney island & kings hwy subway.... The B9 wouldn't factor into a westward extension of the B2.....

Folks are using the B9 on the weekends b/c there's no B2... same way they're using the B3 on weekends b/c there's no B2......

All I'm implicating is that having the B2 reverted on weekends can take some riders off the B3 & B9, as well as serve Marine Park the way it currently does on the weekdays, on the weekend......

aye, anything is better than nothing, but that alone's not gonna change my opinion.... This is simply gonna have to be a disagreement.... Just as you don't see any evidence to support a B2 extension, I don't see any evidence that the B37 should be brought back.... I don't believe B37 ridership shifted to the 63 when it got discontinued, if I'm mistaken, so be it.....

I agree with the part in bold regarding the B37, in theory.... In actuality (meaning, a restoration of the B37), I don't see people making their way from 5th av to 3rd av - even with as slow as that route (63) is.... What you are saying about the B63 itself, I'm not disputing..... You don't have to emphasize how slow & problematic that route is to me....

Maybe you have an idea as to how the MTA would go about siphoning ridership off the B63 to the B37, because I don't......

Well I think the real question is what makes the B63 so attractive that folks flock to it instead of the B37... Considering the levels of bunching, traffic and how miserable using the line is, there has to be something. I mean yes, most of 5th Avenue is commercial in nature and parts residential as well, but then again 3rd Ave has its commercial parts as well.

As for the B2 extension, I don't know. Perhaps BrooklynBus can clarify himself more... It seems to me as if the MTA is fixated on the B82 being a super route and no other routes interfering with that...

If one wants 'express' service, why not take the (D), (N), or (R)?

Why do you think that everyone wants to or has to travel by subway? I don't know how many times this has to be stated, but there are many reasons that folks prefer the bus. Sometimes people simply can't take the subway because it isn't accessible (i.e. disability or they simply find the bus more pleasant and convenient). I mean I don't know about you, but I hate having to schlepp up tons of subway stairs, especially if I have bags. In those instances I'd much prefer the bus, not to mention that with the bus I am usually put closer to my destination.

The subway is not the solution to everything despite you seeing to think that it is.

Well I think the real question is what makes the B63 so attractive that folks flock to it instead of the B37... Considering the levels of bunching, traffic and how miserable using the line is, there has to be something. I mean yes, most of 5th Avenue is commercial in nature and parts residential as well, but then again 3rd Ave has its commercial parts as well.

As for the B2 extension, I don't know. Perhaps BrooklynBus can clarify himself more... It seems to me as if the MTA is fixated on the B82 being a super route and no other routes interfering with that...

I think a large part of it is locale; I mean yeh, 5th av is a major commercial strip..... Well that, and it easily had more overall service than the B37 did...... Fact of the matter is, the masses simply didn't want 3rd av..... They would rather take the dam (R) over waiting for the B37, which says enough.....

What I will say is, ever since the B70 took over the Bay ridge portion of the B37 (commercial 3rd av), that route has done quite well.... of course the 70 serves a different market than the 37 did......

As far as the B82, yeah, unfortunately, that creation is one of MTA's babies (so to speak)..... I would not be at all surprised if they added BRT on that route in the next 10-15 yrs..... More superroutes for everyone.....

I think a large part of it is locale; I mean yeh, 5th av is a major commercial strip..... Well that, and it easily had more overall service than the B37 did...... Fact of the matter is, the masses simply didn't want 3rd av..... They would rather take the dam (R) over waiting for the B37, which says enough.....

What I will say is, ever since the B70 took over the Bay ridge portion of the B37 (commercial 3rd av), that route has done quite well.... of course the 70 serves a different market than the 37 did......

As far as the B82, yeah, unfortunately, that creation is one of MTA's babies (so to speak)..... I would not be at all surprised if they added BRT on that route in the next 10-15 yrs..... More superroutes for everyone.....

Thus why i would split the B82 but run it between Rockaway Pwy and Coney Island and the old B50 routing between East 16th St (B)(Q) and Starret City/Spring Creek and Brooklyn Gateway Mall. There alot of riders who ride the B82 between Canarise and SW Brooklyn.

FYI. About 2005-'06 the B82 Kings Higway/Flatlands Coordior was an early canadiate for BRT(Select Bus Service). I agree it will happen within next 5 years.

There is no point to reverting those two routes.... people forget that the B70's usage was suff-er-ing before the alterations to the route the way it is currently....

Believe it or not, the B70 actually performed a little better than average. It's ridership and cost-efficiency was somewhat comparable to the B42 (so it was a fairly compact route), and ridership was increasing pretty well too. It would be interesting to see how it's performing now. (Did the reroute over to 3rd Avenue cause a loss in ridership from Sunset Park riders going to the VA Hospital? Or did the fact that it went along the more commercial part of 3rd Avenue improve efficiency?)

Why do you think that everyone wants to or has to travel by subway? I don't know how many times this has to be stated, but there are many reasons that folks prefer the bus. Sometimes people simply can't take the subway because it isn't accessible (i.e. disability or they simply find the bus more pleasant and convenient). I mean I don't know about you, but I hate having to schlepp up tons of subway stairs, especially if I have bags. In those instances I'd much prefer the bus, not to mention that with the bus I am usually put closer to my destination.

The subway is not the solution to everything despite you seeing to think that it is.

Where did I say everyone must travel by subway? The only thing I said was that an B103-style local bus would not be efficient enough to overcome the fact that there's a subway one block away and a local bus two blocks away.

If the B37 is determined to have enough ridership to come back, sure. But it shouldn't go super-limited, especially if it goes via 3 Av and not a highway.

Where did I say everyone must travel by subway? The only thing I said was that an B103-style local bus would not be efficient enough to overcome the fact that there's a subway one block away and a local bus two blocks away.

If the B37 is determined to have enough ridership to come back, sure. But it shouldn't go super-limited, especially if it goes via 3 Av and not a highway.

You very well implied it otherwise why ask "If one wants 'express' service, why not take the (D), (N), or (R)?" The answer seems pretty obvious. If they really wanted to use those lines they would. For one the (R) is the slowest train on earth and is local and with the (D) and (N), yes they're express, but like I said there are reasons why folks either don't want to or can't use the subway.

You very well implied it otherwise why ask "If one wants 'express' service, why not take the (D), (N), or (R)?" The answer seems pretty obvious. If they really wanted to use those lines they would. For one the (R) is the slowest train on earth and is local and with the (D) and (N), yes they're express, but like I said there are reasons why folks either don't want to or can't use the subway.

Those who want express service should take the (D)(N) or (R). Those who can't use the subway will just have to spend a few extra minutes on an all-local bus - there are bigger priorities for the MTA than a super-limited a block from an alternative mode of transport.

Believe it or not, the B70 actually performed a little better than average. It's ridership and cost-efficiency was somewhat comparable to the B42 (so it was a fairly compact route), and ridership was increasing pretty well too. It would be interesting to see how it's performing now. (Did the reroute over to 3rd Avenue cause a loss in ridership from Sunset Park riders going to the VA Hospital? Or did the fact that it went along the more commercial part of 3rd Avenue improve efficiency?)

The current B70, I can definitely say there's no loss in ridership - Sunset Park riders are riding through 3rd av to get to 92nd (for the SI buses) & VA Hospital.....

The pre-2010 B70 being comparable to the B42 efficiency-wise doesn't sound too far fetched.... factored into that had to be how infrequent the route was, for the amt. of riders it carried over the distance it did.... B70's would get packed at times, but they'd empty out @ 86th/ft hamilton (heading SB of course)..... Now the route sees crowds almost from end to end basically (as far as I've noticed).... This tells me that quite a bit of ppl. that rode the B37 along 3rd av basically rode it w/i Bay Ridge......

I'll admit, I was dead wrong when I said having the 70 run down 3rd av & 8th av wouldn't work....... What I never factored in back then, was the usage it would get along 3rd av compared to the stint/routing it took b/w bay ridge av & 92nd st... Outside of 86th st, usage along that stint was rather weak.....

The current B70, I can definitely say there's no loss in ridership - Sunset Park riders are riding through 3rd av to get to 92nd (for the SI buses) & VA Hospital.....

The pre-2010 B70 being comparable to the B42 efficiency-wise doesn't sound too far fetched.... factored into that had to be how infrequent the route was, for the amt. of riders it carried over the distance it did.... B70's would get packed at times, but they'd empty out @ 86th/ft hamilton (heading SB of course)..... Now the route sees crowds almost from end to end basically (as far as I've noticed).... This tells me that quite a bit of ppl. that rode the B37 along 3rd av basically rode it w/i Bay Ridge......

I'll admit, I was dead wrong when I said having the 70 run down 3rd av & 8th av wouldn't work....... What I never factored in back then, was the usage it would get along 3rd av compared to the stint/routing it took b/w bay ridge av & 92nd st... Outside of 86th st, usage along that stint was rather weak.....

Thus the MTA could still keep the existing B70 routing and have every 2nd-3rd "B8"(every 20-30 minutes) return running to 95th/4th. Then after 10pm all B8's run to/from 95th.

Those who want express service should take the (D)(N) or (R). Those who can't use the subway will just have to spend a few extra minutes on an all-local bus - there are bigger priorities for the MTA than a super-limited a block from an alternative mode of transport.

Yes of course because you don't need the service (or better yet prefer the subway) and use the subway so why would you care? Typical. I don't need it so screw those who do need it.

Yes of course because you don't need the service (or better yet prefer the subway) and use the subway so why would you care? Typical. I don't need it so screw those who do need it.

I remember you saying in more than one thread that communities with no service deserve to get their service restored before communities that still have service.

Well... ?

I remember you saying in more than one thread that communities with no service deserve to get their service restored before communities that still have service.

Well... ?

Well of course... Isn't it obvious that these could be changes implemented down the road??? I thought that was obvious. These things may take years to implement, just like it took over a year to get some of the restorations that I was in touch with Senator Golden about, but you can't wait and do nothing now because now is the time that these things should be discussed so that when there is money they can be implemented if there is a need for them. That's why Senator Golden, along with Assemblywoman Malliotakis met with MTA officials recently to talk about future improvements for Southern Brooklyn. Ideally the plan would be to find more funding for the MTA so that they can continue to make restorations as well as improvements.

Thus why i would split the B82 but run it between Rockaway Pwy and Coney Island and the old B50 routing between East 16th St (B)(Q) and Starret City/Spring Creek and Brooklyn Gateway Mall. There alot of riders who ride the B82 between Canarise and SW Brooklyn.

FYI. About 2005-'06 the B82 Kings Higway/Flatlands Coordior was an early canadiate for BRT(Select Bus Service). I agree it will happen within next 5 years.

2005/06...... Was it that long ago? *shrugs*...... anyway, yeah, I remember when they hinted on that for the 82.....

Anyway, for the way you want to split the B82, I (still) say you may as well keep the current 82 - you're not solving much of anything by splitting it that way..... It's bad enough they really don't want the 83 using shore pkwy to get to the mall (IMO anyway)...... All you're doing is splitting one end to short turn it @ the (L), and extending the other split to gateway mall...... It really looks like you're suggesting this to simply have the 82 serve gateway.....

Thus the MTA could still keep the existing B70 routing and have every 2nd-3rd "B8" (every 20-30 minutes) return running to 95th/4th. Then after 10pm all B8's run to/from 95th.

The B8 is a different issue.....

I gotta be honest here.... The more & more this suggestion is brought up, the more I'm beginning to think that it shouldn't run to the (R) during the day anymore.... They can still retain early morning service towards the (R), since the 70 isn't a 24/7 route....

1) 2005/06...... Was it that long ago? *shrugs*...... anyway, yeah, I remember when they hinted on that for the 82.....

Anyway, for the way you want to split the B82, I (still) say you may as well keep the current 82 - you're not solving much of anything by splitting it that way..... It's bad enough they really don't want the 83 using shore pkwy to get to the mall (IMO anyway)...... All you're doing is splitting one end to short turn it @ the (L), and extending the other split to gateway mall...... It really looks like you're suggesting this to simply have the 82 serve gateway.....

2) The B8 is a different issue.....

I gotta be honest here.... The more & more this suggestion is brought up, the more I'm beginning to think that it shouldn't run to the (R) during the day anymore.... They can still retain early morning service towards the (R), since the 70 isn't a 24/7 route....

1) Well, the Bx12 got +SBS+ in 2008, so it kind of makes sense that they would start planning out BRT routes a couple of years prior. I don't specifically remember anything released or anything, but I could believe it.

As for the way he's splitting it up, he probably figured that the old B5 ended at Flatbush Avenue, and Canarsie isn't too far away. The problem with that is that Canarsie is over 20 minutes away by bus. (I mean, to me, if you're going to send it out to Canarsie, you might as well keep it the way it is now). It almost looks like he's trying to provide a backup along Flatlands Avenue in case buses get delayed coming from Spring Creek.

2) For people further east along Cropsey Avenue (near 18th Avenue and everything), I'd assume they take the (D) more than the (R), right?

I still don't like the fact that the B8 would no longer connect to the SI routes, though. But I guess the B1 sort of connects them to Bensonhurst, and the B70 brings them to the VA Hospital. (Now I guess we just need the B64 to connect to Coney Island and we're all set).

As for the way he's splitting it up, he probably figured that the old B5 ended at Flatbush Avenue, and Canarsie isn't too far away. The problem with that is that Canarsie is over 20 minutes away by bus. (I mean, to me, if you're going to send it out to Canarsie, you might as well keep it the way it is now). It almost looks like he's trying to provide a backup along Flatlands Avenue in case buses get delayed coming from Spring Creek.

2) For people further east along Cropsey Avenue (near 18th Avenue and everything), I'd assume they take the (D) more than the (R), right?

I still don't like the fact that the B8 would no longer connect to the SI routes, though. But I guess the B1 sort of connects them to Bensonhurst, and the B70 brings them to the VA Hospital. (Now I guess we just need the B64 to connect to Coney Island and we're all set).

Bingo on my reasoning above on my B82 split.

I first heard about BRT back in 2003 from the Southern Brooklyn Transit Investment Study and that the MTA would be embarking on that study. The first round of five routes, one in each borough was to be completed within five years, that would be by the end of 2008. By 2013, there would be about 10 more additional routes implemented. Because of the experience gained with the first five, the next five or ten would come on line more rapidly so at within ten years there would be between ten and 15 routes as compared to one new major subway line which could be built in that time if monies were available. The speed of implementing BRT which later was scaled down to SBS because the MTA realized that true BRT could not be built on city streets.

I believe I attende one of the first MTA Open Houses held at Atlantic Terminal around the end of 2005. SBS was described as an additional layer of service in addition to local and limited buses designed to attract new passengers. I remember suggesting they order buses with three doors and was told that would not be possible because no bus with three doors was structurally sound to operate on NYC streets. One generation earlier the MTA said the same thing about two door artics, that they were not sound enough for NYC streets. Both times they were wrong and went back on their word when thy decided SBS would replace limited service. And nine years after te study's conception we still do not have the first five routes that should have been in place by the end of 2008, who knows when or if we ever will have ten or 15 SBS routes that were promised in the first ten years.

1) Well, the Bx12 got +SBS+ in 2008, so it kind of makes sense that they would start planning out BRT routes a couple of years prior. I don't specifically remember anything released or anything, but I could believe it.

I still don't like the fact that the B8 would no longer connect to the SI routes, though. But I guess the B1 sort of connects them to Bensonhurst, and the B70 brings them to the VA Hospital.

(Now I guess we just need the B64 to connect to Coney Island and we're all set).

1) I am not doubting him; I just didn't realize it was that long ago (05/06).....

About the B82, ahh don't let him fool you.... It's not about backup along flatlands - It's about service to Gateway Mall & he knows it.....

You can split the route @ CI av (which is where the old B50 ended) & Starrett and give it the necessary service along Flatlands w/o having the route serve the mall.... You do not need the B6 & and both B82 splits running along flatlands av...... It would be nothin short of silly/wasteful to create a whole new route (in this case, by way of a split) for the delays it might get caught up in, coming from Gateway.....

(to give an analogy, that would be like extending the B46 to union sq. or something & having one split run from kings plz to dekalb & the other split running from eastern pkwy to union sq.....)

I don't have a problem w/ splitting the B82.... I simply wish he would just be honest about his reasoning, instead of beating around the bush the way he does..... I remember the last B82 discussion on this forum where he tells me something to the effect of "the B82 works", but he also wants to split it..... It's somewhere in the Brooklyn bus proposal thread.....

2) Bingo - the residents around 14th -18th av's along cropsey take the B8 to get to the (D).... Likely xferring to the R off the D at 36th [which makes sense] if they needed it.... If you saw anyone waiting along cropsey av for a bus in the other direction, it was (and still is) for the express - virtually no one was commuting to get to the (R) down there....

Of the ppl that were already on the B8 north of the (D) that rode past the VA hospital, you saw more of those ppl. xferring to the SI buses than you saw 'em taking it to the (R)....

I'm sorry, but being realistic here, the B8 to 95th during the day was more convenient (for folks that didn't wanna wait/xfer for the infrequent B70 [before its service boost]) than it was necessary.....

Well, that makes sense that they'd be taking it to the SI routes, since there'd be no point in going to the (R). If they wanted Manhattan, they would've gotten off at the (D), and if they wanted 77th Street, Bay Ridge Avenue, etc, they'd transfer to an east-west route. My question was just to get an idea of how popular the transfer between the SI routes & B8 was (for riders going north of 86th Street)

For the B70, when the B8 went to 95th Street, the B70 didn't serve that part of Bay Ridge.

Well, that makes sense that they'd be taking it to the SI routes, since there'd be no point in going to the (R). If they wanted Manhattan, they would've gotten off at the (D), and if they wanted 77th Street, Bay Ridge Avenue, etc, they'd transfer to an east-west route. My question was just to get an idea of how popular the transfer between the SI routes & B8 was (for riders going north of 86th Street)

For the B70, when the B8 went to 95th Street, the B70 didn't serve that part of Bay Ridge.

- I'll put it to you like this.... The SB B8 south of the (D) was rather weak for the most part.... Of the people that were still left on the bus past that point, most folks were either getting off for the hospital or for the SI buses.... More people riding it out to the hospital than xferring for the SI buses......

Heading back north (from 95th), buses would be virtually empty up until they reached the 92nd st stop.... can't tell if the majority of folks that boarded there (@ 92nd) got off SI buses, but that is where a noticable amt. of usage began to occur on the NB B8.... When I would fan the SI expresses after work & would take the S79 back to brooklyn, sometimes I would get off @ 92nd & cross over for the B8..... So as far as popularity goes, I'd say it was less than moderate, but not unpopular.....

- I could have sworn there was a point & time when the B70 got that diversion, that they still had part time B8's during the day running to/from 95th.... The point I made in that statement still applies, regarding convenience vs necessity - but regardless, thanks for the correction....

1) I am not doubting him; I just didn't realize it was that long ago (05/06).....

About the B82, ahh don't let him fool you.... It's not about backup along flatlands - It's about service to Gateway Mall & he knows it.....

You can split the route @ CI av (which is where the old B50 ended) & Starrett and give it the necessary service along Flatlands w/o having the route serve the mall.... You do not need the B6 & and both B82 splits running along flatlands av...... It would be nothin short of silly/wasteful to create a whole new route (in this case, by way of a split) for the delays it might get caught up in, coming from Gateway.....

(to give an analogy, that would be like extending the B46 to union sq. or something & having one split run from kings plz to dekalb & the other split running from eastern pkwy to union sq.....)

I don't have a problem w/ splitting the B82.... I simply wish he would just be honest about his reasoning, instead of beating around the bush the way he does..... I remember the last B82 discussion on this forum where he tells me something to the effect of "the B82 works", but he also wants to split it..... It's somewhere in the Brooklyn bus proposal thread.....

Bro lol. I never denied it(the B82 split) was for both 1)SW Brooklyn/Canarise bus service to Gateway and added coverage along Flatlands for both lines. Plus 2)serve most of Kings Highway as well between Avenue H/Utica and Bay parkway. Running the existing B82 to Gateway is too long.

Plus if a rumored Wal Mart opens at Brooklyn Gateway in Spring Creek, there will be a need to run a bus from SW Brooklyn/Canarise. Thus yes both Checkmate and You (B35) are correct in my thinking.

I meant to say that the ()' /> B82 concept works but it should be slightly changed with my proposed idea. I seen even during off peak hours at least several riders every trip ride at least between Canarise/Flatlands Ave area (many of them medical workers such as nurses and Home Health Attendants)at or near Cropsey Ave.

2) Bingo - the residents around 14th -18th av's along cropsey take the B8 to get to the (D).... Likely xferring to the R off the D at 36th [which makes sense] if they needed it.... If you saw anyone waiting along cropsey av for a bus in the other direction, it was (and still is) for the express - virtually no one was commuting to get to the (R) down there....

Of the ppl that were already on the B8 north of the (D) that rode past the VA hospital, you saw more of those ppl. xferring to the SI buses than you saw 'em taking it to the (R)....

I'm sorry, but being realistic here, the B8 to 95th during the day was more convenient (for folks that didn't wanna wait/xfer for the infrequent B70 [before its service boost]) than it was necessary.....

Then the case the "B8" could just terminate at the VA Hosptial 24/7 and just have every other bus loop in/out to serve the SI Buses at 92nd St and Ft Hamilton and Victory Hosp. on 7th Ave and 92nd St. Thus no longer serve 95th St.

Bro lol. I never denied it (the B82 split) was for both 1)SW Brooklyn/Canarise bus service to Gateway and added coverage along Flatlands for both lines. Plus 2)serve most of Kings Highway as well between Avenue H/Utica and Bay parkway. Running the existing B82 to Gateway is too long.

Plus if a rumored Wal Mart opens at Brooklyn Gateway in Spring Creek, there will be a need to run a bus from SW Brooklyn/Canarise. Thus yes both Checkmate and You (B35) are correct in my thinking.

I meant to say that the ()' /> B82 concept works but it should be slightly changed with my proposed idea. I seen even during off peak hours at least several riders every trip ride at least between Canarise/Flatlands Ave area (many of them medical workers such as nurses and Home Health Attendants)at or near Cropsey Ave.

Then the case the "B8" could just terminate at the VA Hosptial 24/7 and just have every other bus loop in/out to serve the SI Buses at 92nd St and Ft Hamilton and Victory Hosp. on 7th Ave and 92nd St. Thus no longer serve 95th St.

1]That's my point....

(you know) Running the current B82 to Gateway is too long - so that's the purpose for breaking up the route the way you think it should...

Outside of service to Gateway, I mean I'm not understanding where/why you think Flatlands av needs a supplementary/secondary route for - it didn't need a secondary route when the B50 ran from CI av to Starrett City & it doesn't need one w/ the current 82.... That is what you never explained in the many times I've seen you bring that split proposal up, bro....

You would be introducing a 3rd route b/w Kings Hwy (B)(Q) & Flatbush av - which is no different than when the B5, B7, and B50 operated b/w that stint.... Only difference with what you're proposing is that (what would act as) the B50 would be extended to gateway & (what would act as) the B5 would be extended to rockaway parkway...... I'm not sure if you see it or not, but all of that is redundant - there aint THAT many nurses & home attendants traveling b/w canarsie & cropsey av enough to warrant splitting the route the way you wish to.... Which is why I said earlier that if that's the case, you may as well leave the current 82 alone..... Let w/e folks xfer on down for the 83 to gateway.......

^^ But moving on from that....

If a walmart opens up in spring creek, that would only bring more riders to that ENY-Spring Creek bus route, however they plan on routing it..... There's nothing saying Canarsie has to have a 1-seat ride to walmart......

2] looping the B8 around 92nd to return back to VA Hospital.... The concept sounds interesting, but how would you pull that off though?

1]That's my point....

(you know) Running the current B82 to Gateway is too long - so that's the purpose for breaking up the route the way you think it should...

Outside of service to Gateway, I mean I'm not understanding where/why you think Flatlands av needs a supplementary/secondary route for - it didn't need a secondary route when the B50 ran from CI av to Starrett City & it doesn't need one w/ the current 82.... That is what you never explained in the many times I've seen you bring that split proposal up, bro....

You would be introducing a 3rd route b/w Kings Hwy (B)(Q) & Flatbush av - which is no different than when the B5, B7, and B50 operated b/w that stint.... Only difference with what you're proposing is that (what would act as) the B50 would be extended to gateway & (what would act as) the B5 would be extended to rockaway parkway...... I'm not sure if you see it or not, but all of that is redundant - there aint THAT many nurses & home attendants traveling b/w canarsie & cropsey av enough to warrant splitting the route the way you wish to.... Which is why I said earlier that if that's the case, you may as well leave the current 82 alone..... Let w/e folks xfer on down for the 83 to gateway.......

^^ But moving on from that....

If a walmart opens up in spring creek, that would only bring more riders to that ENY-Spring Creek bus route, however they plan on routing it..... There's nothing saying Canarsie has to have a 1-seat ride to walmart......

2] looping the B8 around 92nd to return back to VA Hospital.... The concept sounds interesting, but how would you pull that off though?

Just a thought (guys this off top of my head)

B8 Loop Start at Va Hosp. loop, Then via 7th Avenue(too bad the Ft Hamilton military base has pemaently banned public transit buses)Left on 86th, Left on Ft. Hamilton(stop at Ft. Hamilton and 86th)Left on 92nd(stop for SI buses)right on 7th and onto Va Hosp for existing service to East Flatbush.

My B8 loop would be similar to B36 Sea Gate loop. In B36 loop, bus terminates at West 37th and Surf. Then if riders want stops between West 37th/Surf and Neptune/West 33rd they transfer for next bus usually leaving. Or usually wait on current bus a max of 10-12 minutes.

reactions?

I make top of my head post and get bashed. Ohh well why not extend select B42 runs to gateway mall via belt? Instead of messing with B82?

1 reason. The overpass. Stop trying to mess up the one perfect route in NYC...

I make top of my head post and get bashed. Ohh well why not extend select B42 runs to gateway mall via belt? Instead of messing with B82?

You can't really extend it via the Belt. The last stop Is the biggest generator as well as the Rockaway Parkway Station. Rerouting any of those trips from

Any of those places won't be good. The B42 won't be viable. Just make B82 some short turns from Rockaway Parkway (L) run on the B82 route to Seaview and ten run to the Gateway with extending at least one Coney Island trip there. Or make those short turns from Kings HWY. No need to split the B82

Archived