Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

16 minutes ago, Queensqueens111 said:

If you want OT go days in CC on your mini pick in school, it varies though. Last group got the pick sheet and it was mostly day picks only like 10 nights, our group in training now got only like 10 day picks and the rest all nights. Half the training group is getting OT right now, there is a big 5 week GO in one of the yards and we’re allowed to sign up and help for sat&sun all three weeks we are here, lucky enough to already bank an OTO day and didn’t even report to my pick yet. 

Please take into consideration that new hires do not understand the lingo and you’re gonna have to break down everything you just said to them. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long day at Livingston. But it finally paid off. Congrats to all going on the 23rd.  The pay is 1$ more then I expected. Kinda disappointed my BO vacation time didnt carry over. Off to the redwings store for some boots. 

Edited by Pumacell

8 hours ago, PotentialMTAemployee said:

Okay so I just finished the drug test.. 3-90 days of course. Can anyone tell me what's overtime like. And also working on the track dangerous how's safety in and out the tunnels

depends on what section youre in and who you know. my gang likes to work OT so got on some jobs that way. now the Level 2 in my section texts me whenever he or someone else has some OT. pretty much every other weekend 

18 minutes ago, Nikki0927 said:

Helll everyone my list # is the low 4600s I’m just hoping before they end the list in December they get to my # but i took exam # 8600 just in case they don’t

I heard 8600 was alot harder then 3600, can you confirm or was it just another common sense test? 

21 hours ago, ebenz1 said:

I heard 8600 was alot harder then 3600, can you confirm or was it just another common sense test? 

Well the amount of questions was doubled (80 compared to 40) and there was a memory portion...as far as "common sense", I have no comment until the proposed answer key is online followed by the protest review session.

20 hours ago, Pumacell said:

Im assuming when we show up on the 23rd we wear regular clothes. 

From reading this thread, just wear something that you don't mind getting dirty, especially starting the third day at P.S. 248. Unlike Bus Operator, Conductor, Train Operator, etc., you're not going to be interacting with the public, so regular clothes is fine.

Edited by +Young+

On 4/13/2018 at 9:22 PM, ebenz1 said:

8600 was common sense but the first section was a memory portion where they give you a booklet you look at or for 10 minutes than it’s 7 questions based on what you had to remember which was pretty easy but i didn’t remember that part being on 3600 but it has been 4 years but other that still common sense if you read carefully it’s so easy 

A little late but my list number is 19** I start monday the 23rd with the 1st orientation never received a letter or email aftermyn1st drug test. Back in September. Was reaching out for months beyond the 3 to 90 days finally got something that said I was a no show for November . Had to reinstate with dcas when I found out in February. Recieved a email to come in to do it all over and I pretty much did my 1st drug test over again got a call back 2 days later for medical. Spent about 6 hours there I was 2nd in the line. Passed my medical took my picture got my books start on monday. Everything was done within 3 weeks  

7 minutes ago, Face0312 said:

A little late but my list number is 19** I start monday the 23rd with the 1st orientation never received a letter or email aftermyn1st drug test. Back in September. Was reaching out for months beyond the 3 to 90 days finally got something that said I was a no show for November . Had to reinstate with dcas when I found out in February. Recieved a email to come in to do it all over and I pretty much did my 1st drug test over again got a call back 2 days later for medical. Spent about 6 hours there I was 2nd in the line. Passed my medical took my picture got my books start on monday. Everything was done within 3 weeks  

Damn bro, that was quick. I'll be there on monday too. 

I was wondering something i see alot of people on here say the drug test is only good for 30 days.   I also remember reading thats for conductors. And track is 90.  Would they call you in for medical after 30 days and have you do medical and. Drug test that day?

On 4/12/2018 at 8:48 AM, shaolin said:

Hey guys. Got sworn in yesterday for the 23rd class. First two days at union hall and then the third is at ps248. Was at 180 Livingston from 7am to about 2pm. Smooth but disorganized process overall. 

If anyone has any questions about the process I’ll answer it the best I can. They were printing out hundreds of preemployment letters. Not sure for what test but still a promising sign about the hiring freeze rumors. 

2 hours ago, shaolin said:

If anyone has any questions about the process I’ll answer it the best I can. They were printing out hundreds of preemployment letters. Not sure for what test but still a promising sign about the hiring freeze rumors. 

When do they give you equipment? Was wondering if I need to bring a bag to carry all that stuff home on the 1st day

11 hours ago, VA Slim said:

The class thats coming out.  We're there any maintenance spots at Utica ave on the mini pick

Not sure about the last class but the March 12th had 3 over nights there for maintenance and 1 for cleaning. Everyone they met has told them to bid out of Utica as soon as they can lol.

5 hours ago, Pumacell said:

When do they give you equipment? Was wondering if I need to bring a bag to carry all that stuff home on the 1st day

3rd or 4th day probably the the 3rd as you don’t have to wait for a boot truck anymore and yes bring a duffel or something.