Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

1 hour ago, Travisb437 said:

Hey everyone ,I'm a little concerned now took the drug test on the 15th and did not get a call or email. My list is 258* which is lower than queensqueen. Any one has any ideas why I would not get the call back yet. Also i got the "false letter back in sept and did the drug test back then as well. 

First, I would ignore the "false letter" - we're way past that.

As far as the answer to your question, I would call them (347-643-8229/30/31/32) and see what's up. If you still have trouble, I would advise to call the following person:

On 11/2/2017 at 1:05 AM, Aahhhwoooooo said:

For those who need an extra email to reach a staff member at Livingston:

Emma Marie Rivera (manager of employment operations and EVP/human resources)

347-643-8523; Emma.Rivera@nyct.com

After I was hung up on by Ms. Robinson twice, told to take another medical although mine hadn't expired yet, and left with unanswered questions, this is the lady who helped me get through the hiring process.  But DO NOT expect any responses through e-mail from any of their staff. Some do and some don't e-mail you back. 

Hope this helps.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to everyone getting in.  I been on for about 3 months now and it’s the best job I ever had. No lie. Don’t get me wrong there is some stuff I don’t agree with but it is what it is. Once again congrats to everyone. And in the word’s of my dad who was a 43 year veteran of MTA as a track worker. “Don’t be a hero, a hero is a sandwich you can buy at the corner store”. 

29 minutes ago, Erick76 said:

Congrats to everyone getting in.  I been on for about 3 months now and it’s the best job I ever had. No lie. Don’t get me wrong there is some stuff I don’t agree with but it is what it is. Once again congrats to everyone. And in the word’s of my dad who was a 43 year veteran of MTA as a track worker. “Don’t be a hero, a hero is a sandwich you can buy at the corner store”. 

Just curious which division you picked? What are the hours like for said division?

16 hours ago, Chris127 said:

any updates on where they are with the list and anybody else get into that march 12th class?

according to the instructors there are 3 classes coming up after the current class

On 3/2/2018 at 4:56 PM, Chris127 said:

any updates on where they are with the list and anybody else get into that march 12th class?

I'm in the low 2800's (2800 to 2850), I took a drug test and submitted the pre-employment paperwork on Wednesday, February 21st and I'm still waiting to hear back...as soon as I hear back, I'll let you folks know...

8 hours ago, nycFin said:

according to the instructors there are 3 classes coming up after the current class

This is very good news!! Thanks @nycFin for sharing!!

On 3/3/2018 at 5:43 PM, +Young+ said:

I'm in the low 2800's (2800 to 2850), I took a drug test and submitted the pre-employment paperwork on Wednesday, February 21st and I'm still waiting to hear back...as soon as I hear back, I'll let you folks know...

This is very good news!! Thanks @nycFin for sharing!!

and the instructor said those 3 upcoming classes are gonna b 50 people each

5 hours ago, Chris127 said:

so pretty much 150 more people to get hired how many are in the current class?

50 in my class right now. there are for sure three more classes of 50. after that I'm not sure

Hey guys help needed!!!  My list number is 272* I was asked to report the employment center on 9/13 but never updated my mailing address (I moved to Florida)....I sent my reinstatement letter to DCAS as instructed on Thursday.  Did i lose this opportunity or will I be invited to pre-employment soon?  Any help would be appreciated as if I get a pre employment letter ill be on that first flight up to NY!!

10 hours ago, noska said:

nah he didn't say any dates to us

Quick question, how long is/was your class. I know the next one is on the 12th. Trying to get an idea of how long the classes are. I did my first drug test on 2/27/18 so waiting for a response.

3 hours ago, Sb2687 said:

Hey guys help needed!!!  My list number is 272* I was asked to report the employment center on 9/13 but never updated my mailing address (I moved to Florida)....I sent my reinstatement letter to DCAS as instructed on Thursday.  Did i lose this opportunity or will I be invited to pre-employment soon?  Any help would be appreciated as if I get a pre employment letter ill be on that first flight up to NY!!

I would call them (347-643-8229/30/31/32). I got my letter in the mail, missed the date. So i called and spoke to some directly in HR who told me to come in on the 27th of Feb. I got down there at 7am sharp and was done with the paperwork, walking out the door by 1:15pm. So now Im here just waiting. 

48 minutes ago, Pumacell said:

Quick question, how long is/was your class. I know the next one is on the 12th. Trying to get an idea of how long the classes are. I did my first drug test on 2/27/18 so waiting for a response.

My boyfriend is currently in the class that started february 26th and he is in it for 6 weeks he said. 

1 hour ago, Pumacell said:

Wow 6 weeks, I thought it was 2. How does he like it so far.

We originally thought it was 3, so when he said 6 I was like okay. His uncle retired from the MTA just last year and he originally said 6 to us then I read 3 somewhere on here. But when he got there they said 6. I think he likes it so far, except going up on structures, apparently that’s really for the true brave of heart, especially with a train passing. 

10 minutes ago, marley723 said:

We originally thought it was 3, so when he said 6 I was like okay. His uncle retired from the MTA just last year and he originally said 6 to us then I read 3 somewhere on here. But when he got there they said 6. I think he likes it so far, except going up on structures, apparently that’s really for the true brave of heart, especially with a train passing. 

Working on elevated isn’t as bad as it seems. It’s pretty fun IMO. Word of warning for those who dislike it; If you have a problem walking/working on elevated, you’ve locked yourself into working nights for your entire MTA career. 

24 minutes ago, G13 said:

Working on elevated isn’t as bad as it seems. It’s pretty fun IMO. Word of warning for those who dislike it; If you have a problem walking/working on elevated, you’ve locked yourself into working nights for your entire MTA career. 

He said he was up there today and he said he would never do it again. 

6 minutes ago, marley723 said:

He said he was up there today and he said he would never do it again. 

It’s pretty common. Many people I was in school with flat out refused to even do it. Sometimes people freeze up out there during training and need to be assisted off. 

Well just a random thought, if there was a class that started Feb 26 and another one starting march 12.  Two weeks apart. I'm hoping the next one starts march 26 which should hopefully land me in there with wishful thinking, my number is 258*. Keep hope alive folks.

25 minutes ago, G13 said:

It’s pretty common. Many people I was in school with flat out refused to even do it. Sometimes people freeze up out there during training and need to be assisted off. 

i’ll take the height over rats any day my opinion 

9 minutes ago, Chris127 said:

i’ll take the height over rats any day my opinion 

Lol common misconception. You won’t really find rats out in the tunnels. They usually hang out on the platforms or nearby. The less human traffic there is, the less likely there’s food.