Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, shaolin said:

Word on the street is the May 21st class is the last one for this list. Sorry kids. 

. I overheard my instructor and a superintendent talking in class this morning and he told him that they are going to hire another 500 by the end of the year. 

On 4/25/2018 at 5:02 PM, Pumacell said:

Yes you can you use it at your hearts desire.  But ONLY YOU, no one else.  Express bus honors it.  

It will not work in the fare box on the express bus. However if YOU choose to show it the bus operator that’s on YOU. 

Hey guys i just got a letter in the mail saying "You were considered and not selected for Appointment in accordance with rule 4.7.1 (c) of rules and regulations of NYC Personnel Director" is there a number i can call to find out why and also if i can get my name back on the list? 

Thank you for your time guys! 

2 hours ago, ozpM said:

Hey guys i just got a letter in the mail saying "You were considered and not selected for Appointment in accordance with rule 4.7.1 (c) of rules and regulations of NYC Personnel Director" is there a number i can call to find out why and also if i can get my name back on the list? 

This was talked about previously. This rule allows them to eliminate 1 out of 3 candidates. They do not have to give a reason with this rule. I haven't heard of anyone getting it reversed.

1 hour ago, SNYC said:

This was talked about previously. This rule allows them to eliminate 1 out of 3 candidates. They do not have to give a reason with this rule. I haven't heard of anyone getting it reversed.

is there a way i can get my name back on the list?

22 hours ago, ozpM said:

If you don’t mind me asking I’m what range is your list #?

Fyi the if you got the 8 inch boots and feel a little uncomfortable. I went and bought some gel insoles. The 8 inch boots come with double soles I replace the top one cause it was like a brick and keep the bottom green one and put the new soles on top extremely comfortable now 

Hey guys i went in for drug test and paperwork on 4/19. They made me clear all my moving violations causing me to rack up points. I caught another moving violation this past weekend. What should i do? Im already at 11 points

2 hours ago, Dooley said:

Hey guys i went in for drug test and paperwork on 4/19. They made me clear all my moving violations causing me to rack up points. I caught another moving violation this past weekend. What should i do? Im already at 11 points

Call them and let them know you got another ticket 

On 4/27/2018 at 12:57 PM, ozpM said:

My apologies for this late posting, however I also got a similar letter in the mail late last week as well. As far as why, between the conversation I had with HR, in which I admitted that I failed the 10-day Bus Operator training session back in February of 2014, and this post (towards the bottom), it seems that Transit gives you one chance with one title. If you're unsuccessful with that title, for whatever reason, they have each and every right to use the 1-in-3 rule to discriminate against you.

In an effort to stay on-topic, kindly send me a PM (Private Message) if any of you wish to talk about this further.

On 5/1/2018 at 12:06 PM, Face0312 said:

Call them and let them know you got another ticket 

Ok thanks. Now my next question is since i already did drug screen and paperwork (day 1) will i automatically make it into a class or is there a chance i wont 

7 hours ago, Dooley said:

Ok thanks. Now my next question is since i already did drug screen and paperwork (day 1) will i automatically make it into a class or is there a chance i wont 

They still have to contact you for you to do medical. Nothing is automatic when it comes to this process.

3 hours ago, SNYC said:

They still have to contact you for you to do medical. Nothing is automatic when it comes to this process.

Ok 

3 hours ago, SNYC said:

Ok thank you 

On 4/21/2018 at 11:22 PM, Face0312 said:

Just a question sure some will find this out or all ready know mta is overtime after 40 or after 8

Over time is anything outside your normal tour. 

Example: My normal tour is 8am to 4pm.

Let's say I come in midnight. From midnight to 8am is over time. From 8-4 is straight time since that's your normal tour. 

Also, if you are out sick for 3 days (with or without Dr's line's) any OT worked during that week (Sunday - Monday) your out sick you lose the bonus and are only paid straight time.

Newest update. Hiring freeze for track after the May 21st class. Also the general pick may be “early” June. From the sounds of it the 3600 exam will expire December 2018 and they will not hire again for “awhile.”

Edited by shaolin

I think the big pick is still in late June from what I've heard 

that early June pick is a supervisors pick

Q

1 hour ago, shaolin said:

Newest update. Hiring freeze for track after the May 21st class. Also the general pick may be “early” June. From the sounds of it the 3600 exam will expire December 2018 and they will not hire again for “awhile.”