Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no on the books mental diagnoses just my parents forcing me to see psychologists when I was a "troubled youth". Also, if I need documentation...

If that's the case, then you're fine. Don't worry about it. One of my former co-worker's, who is not a physician, diagnosed me with a form of autism, but my doctor, nor anyone else, has said anything to me about it, so I just ignore it and never mention it to anyone else.

because I signed an agreement allowing them access to records of mine and stuff, does that include medical or no?

Mind I ask when you signed this agreement? If it was near the HR desk, it doesn't include medical. If you signed it while you were in the MAC section, then it might include medical...

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan

Well there is some disclosure agreement in the 21 page booklet I have filled out that I am to bring in on the day of my medial. It is very very broad and makes no mention of medical documents, but like I said it is quite broad. I'm not worried about the mental health stuff now, thanks for that reassurance :D but what about the suspected seizure. Should I be honest? If I'm asked if I have ever been to the emergency room should I just say about 6 years ago at work while I was on a break I passed out, I went to the hospital and they ran some tests and everything came back fine, it never happened before that or since then. You think I will be okay with that answer? I'm in good physical health and there is no doubt in my mind I will easily pass everything else I'm just worried and stressing over this one thing mainly.

If you've no "on the books" diagnosis and was never prescribed any type of medicine to be taken regularly and you say you had a seizure 6 years ago then I would answer "No" to all those questions.

Especially being you went to an emergency room and it was a one time incident. That record Is long buried somewhere.

Should it ever come up, and I'm 99.99% sure it won't, you simply say that was a one time incident long ago and I forgot about it.

If you answer "yes" and volunteer information, regardless of how long ago it happened or even if it was a one time incident, they'll place you on a medical hold till you get the ok from your regular Dr.

As a side note lately Dr's are more tight lipped and defiant with the Transit Authority.

Myself and other co-workers when going to the Dr. and asking them to fill out the TA's form (sick lines or Dr's lines we call them) the Dr's are refusing to be specific on why you were seen and only put "an illness requiring a visit or hospital stay."

I was out two weeks and hospitalized and that's what my Dr. wrote on the form; "an illness requiring hospitalization"and that I was now "fit to return to full work."

I thought for sure that would come back at me but the Dr. said he doesn't have to disclose anything in detail by law.

Others co-workers have been coming in with similar lines.

It's been six months since then and I haven't heard anything.

Edited by dp142

Well if its a yes/no question on have you ever had a seizure I'm going to say no, I passed out. Whatever it was, no one witnessed it, certainly no doctors or anyone and they didn't find anything on tests. But if they ask if I have ever been to the emergency room should I say like 6 years ago I passed out at work it was no big deal, didn't find anything wrong and its never happened before or since then. Or should I just say no ?

Im just sit back relaxing waiting on the 1 in 3 rule letter. I was disciplined but never fired and still currently employed by the TA as a bus operator. Needless to say from good friends in supervision i was advised to bring legal action if needed for retro active seniority and defamation of character. I was also told if youre currently employed in the TA under any divison(not civil service) and youre not terminated or hasnt or forced to resign,the TA cannot pass your list simply for conduct/attendence for open competitive exams but if its for promotional reasons they can and most likely will. Again civil service lawyer was contacted and in place if needed. Win/win situation.

Edited by BigBuckzz

Well if its a yes/no question on have you ever had a seizure I'm going to say no, I passed out. Whatever it was, no one witnessed it, certainly no doctors or anyone and they didn't find anything on tests. But if they ask if I have ever been to the emergency room should I say like 6 years ago I passed out at work it was no big deal, didn't find anything wrong and its never happened before or since then. Or should I just say no ?

Don't even say you passed out.

There are no "grey" areas with the Medical dept. Things are either yes or no.

It was 6 years ago, Transit is not going to call every hospital in the tri-state area asking about you and if you ever passed out.

Just say "no" and leave it there.

Never offer more information then what's asked.

In some 1 in a million chance they say to you we checked with your last job and they said six years ago you passed out then say "oh man, I forgot all about that" and run with whatever story you have.

Edited by dp142

I'm in the 1100 range and just keeping positive that my # will be called... Also hoping that this is extended past the 2017 expiration of exam 3600...Thry did for the previous one...

When does the list for 3600 expire? 2017? When would the new exam for trackworker be held, also 2017?

When does the list for 3600 expire? 2017? When would the new exam for trackworker be held, also 2017?

The list was produced in October 2014, so it expires October 2018. Now, since there are over 12,000 names on this list, they (either DCAS and/or NYC Transit) will probably extend the list for two [2] more years, which means that if I had to take an educated guess, the list will expire in October 2020.

As far as the new exam for Track Worker - probably either in 2018 or 2019, again, depending on when the current list expires.

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever been held up by a medical hold? How long did it tie you up, what were you required to do? Etc etc.

Yes I was, in early 2014 for muscle spasm in my legs. How long did it tie me up for - a good 1 & 1/2 months. As far as what I was required to do:

MAC (Medical Assessment Center) will give you a note/letter to present to your primary care physician (PCP). From there, my PCP had to send me to a neurologist, in which I had to get some tests done (and keep in mind that I had to make appointments for all of this). When the tests were completed which were negative, the neurologist gave me a letter to give to transit.

What didn't work in my favor was the timing with the drug tests, in which I came back to Transit in late January, after my drug test from mid-December expired (they're good for 30 days), so I had to take a third (yep, 3rd) drug test, which just added on to the delays (I missed a class in Zerega for Bus Operator Training by two weeks).

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan

Any updates guys.... Seems like people get hired and disappear from the forum[/quoteHavent disappeared , Just waiting on the next step which is orientation (August 8th) i will let you know what happens then.]

Well I definitely have to overcome two obstacles. First, when asked about ever being in the hospital I was truthful and admitted that I was in a rehab for substance abuse a few years ago. ( I do not use now and passed two tests so far and will pass any given.) I have an appointment for Friday to see their EAP counselors. Second, I came up a few percentage points low on the lung capacity test. I was surprised since I am an athlete, in good shape and very active. The said I may need to see a cardiologist but when they called me to make the EAP appt, they said it is not necessary. If anyone has some insight on what all this means it would be greatly appreciated.