Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

Be right there

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Riello2u if your here I'm up in the front bench of the reception desk. If you want come say what's up

I'm on the line blue hooded jacket with white stripe... Wave too me

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the people on the inside, is there any talk of mass hiring due to the problems plaguing the system right now? I'm hearing that the city and state want to fix the ongoing problems with the transit system. I remember a few years back when the system was running like a well oiled machine, now everyday I take the train into work there is always some type of delay. Do any of you have input on what's causing these problems or possible ways of getting this fixed or is it beyond track work and the mismanagement of the system on a hold? (granted I do know certain info is not availble to the public but any insight is much appreciated)

For the people on the inside, is there any talk of mass hiring due to the problems plaguing the system right now? I'm hearing that the city and state want to fix the ongoing problems with the transit system. I remember a few years back when the system was running like a well oiled machine, now everyday I take the train into work there is always some type of delay. Do any of you have input on what's causing these problems or possible ways of getting this fixed or is it beyond track work and the mismanagement of the system on a hold? (granted I do know certain info is not availble to the public but any insight is much appreciated)

So far there isn't any talk of increased or expedited hiring but it's still early.

Depending on your position within you see problems from within your own department. I've seen posts from people fascinated with the train cars blaming it on outdated cars.

From my perspective (M.O.W.) most if not all of the problems come from EXTREME mismanagement, lots of the "who you know" promotions into management and supervision in every capacity not actually knowing the job or spending anytime on the Tracks. 

Got an email and phone call today to appear at Livingston July 7 at 7:00am for the medical. if all goes well it says my hire date will be 7/17. Fingers crossed. #107x

Got an email and phone call today to appear at Livingston July 7 at 7:00am for the medical. if all goes well it says my hire date will be 7/17. Fingers crossed. #107x

What time was the email and was it in your spam

The time was 9:48 am name was Charlie Moran it was with my regular mail not in spam.

Thanks +Young+ good luck to all. I still have to ask about my 21 of packet some timeframes are wrong and also my recent employment isn't on there gotta ask about that.

It would seem that this exam is nearing it's end. MTA just put up filing periods for exam 8600

Oct 6 – 24, 2017

along with others. Check it out here.
Wow that's crazy!!

Transit will most likely extend 3600 since 8600 won't be ready for awhile over a year or 2 for them too even call from it

Wow that's crazy!!

Transit will most likely extend 3600 since 8600 won't be ready for awhile over a year or 2 for them too even call from it

If we take a second and think about this - the application period is in late 2017, they'll probably give the exam in early-to-mid 2018, such as April, May or June, and then if they take 18 months to produce the list, like they did for exam 3600, and depending on how many people make the promotional list, then the list will probably be out by late 2019/early 2020, in which they would extend this list by one [1] calendar year.

Question for you folks: My list # is in the low 2800's. Do you honestly think I have a shot of making it in or no?

I definitely plan on applying and taking the next Track Worker exam, however I'm just curious...and if you hurt my feelings it is okay...thanks in advance for your replies...

Edited by +Young+

So far there isn't any talk of increased or expedited hiring but it's still early.

Depending on your position within you see problems from within your own department. I've seen posts from people fascinated with the train cars blaming it on outdated cars.

From my perspective (M.O.W.) most if not all of the problems come from EXTREME mismanagement, lots of the "who you know" promotions into management and supervision in every capacity not actually knowing the job or spending anytime on the Tracks.

Thanks for your reply, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but I've been celebrating my birthday. I appreciate all the insight that you shared, hopefully these things will be corrected due to public and government pressure.

So I did the medical first you wait. While you wait they hand you another packet to complete. Then have you answer some computer survey questions about your health they give you a second piss test but just to test ph or maybe sugar take your weight and height ekg and blood pressure. After that they test your eyes bring glasses if you need them. You look at circles and have to figure out where the break in the circle is. Then they test your depth perception they show you a square circle triangle and star and you gotta figure out which one is further away (harder than it sounds.) They also test for color blindness and perifial vision .Then they test your breathing. You blow into this tube for 6 seconds then they check your hearing. You sit in a box with headphones and a switch you have to press every time you hear a beep Bring that 21 of packet and make sure all the info matches if you need more papers just ask. If that 21 page packet isn't fully filled out they will send you home regardless if you passed the medical or not. Don't make any mistakes. In total there's 3 packets of paper the original 21 pg packet the one from second drug test then a third packet on the day of the medical. Make sure it matches i cannot stress that enough and don't write the date anywhere on that third medical packet they give you while you wait. The dates might be different from when they hire you. Obviously bring your ss card birth cert ectera with you as well. After you pass the medical they will photocopy your license birth certificate and ss card. They will fingerprint you after you pass the medical. Before fingerprinting you swear the oath get your books get your picture taken. Go back to the original waiting room. You're gonna be in a total of 4 waiting rooms through this process. I got here at 5am didn't leave till 5pm. My hire date is July 17th. That's when I'll get my pass.

So I did the medical first you wait. While you wait they hand you another packet to complete. Then have you answer some computer survey questions about your health....

First, congrats! As you stated, and from what I remember from going through the process for Bus Operator in early 2014, I can not personally stress to emphasize on how everything has to match - if not, you will have a tough time once you go for final processing.

Offhand, did you see a physician? If so, did the physician make you change into a gown in order to check for certain things?

Good luck with the training classes!!

So for the ekg I had to take my shirt off. When I saw the physician that approved me she just checked my breathing with a stethoscope listened to my heart had me lay down and bent both my legs. I didn't wear a gown at all which I'm grateful for.

So for the ekg I had to take my shirt off. When I saw the physician that approved me she just checked my breathing with a stethoscope listened to my heart had me lay down and bent both my legs. I didn't wear a gown at all which I'm grateful for.

Interesting...thanks for the information, I appreciate it...

Just too follow up with what kmf said, I was there this past Thursday for medical and final processing.

The computer portion is the first thing you do, it ask you a lot of questions, from do you have diabetes, to do you snore. A guy I met admitted that he snored, and after he went through the whole process, they put him on hold because they were worried he might have sleep apena. My advice, don't admit to anything you don't have to or you will be put on hold. After the computer questions, you are taken inside and have to pee in a cup, they test it right after you finish, ear, eye (bring glasses if you wear contacts or you will be put on hold), ekg ( bare chest, no belt, don't have coffee), and lung ( blowing into the instrument is weird, there is no resistance, so you run out of breath fast, if you don't do it right, you might be put on hold), also they have you sit in a chair as you do it so you don't pass out. After that, back outside until your name is called. I waited 15 minutes, was called in by one of the doctors, remember the 200 questions you did first on the computer, the doctor goes over it with you, and if you admitted to something, surgery, broken bones, sleep apena, diabetes, you'll have to explain yourself and if the answers don't add up, medical hold. The doctor will ask you questions, " what do you think this job entails", " do you feel your physically fit", he then had me sit on the bench, listened to my heart and then he asked me to lift up my shirt, he was looking for scares or any indication that I had surgery, or was trying to hide something that would only be seen if I had my shirt off.

Once he cleared me, back outside to the front, where you'll have to fill out the third set of paper work, also go over the 21 page book, someone will call you from the left side of the office, there are 4 or 5 rooms on the left side of the main counter, they bring you in there and go over all your paper work. I can't say it enough, if the information doesn't match, if the dates are wrong, they are going to put you on hold or send you back out to fix it (P.S. the office closes at 3:30). After the paper work has been reviewed, in that office they will have you fill out more paper work stating that you got the job, give you 4 books, and dates for orientation and training (orientation is in another building in downtown Brooklyn, training is in Coney Island, 7 am).

Back outside to take i.d pictures. Back to the front desk, to send me to the very first desk you stopped at in the morning when you showed your i.d to get another ticket to then go get your finger prints. I got there at 6:30 AM, was called up at 7 AM, I left about 1:30-1:45.

Just for point of reference, a class went in last month, they called up to list #1031 for that class, that will give you and idea where they are now.

Next class is the July 17th, I'll be there.

The process was long, tedious, the workers there can be rude, and last Thursday was a ZOO, there were so many people there for the initial pre employment paper work, they line wrapped around the bathroom in the back, it was packed.

I'm here now. It was worth it. Wish you guys the best. Don't give up.

Just too follow up with what kmf said, I was there this past Thursday for medical and final processing.

The computer portion is the first thing you do, it ask you a lot of questions, from do you have diabetes, to do you snore. A guy I met admitted that he snored, and after he went through the whole process, they put him on hold because they were worried he might have sleep apena. My advice, don't admit to anything you don't have to or you will be put on hold. After the computer questions, you are taken inside and have to pee in a cup, they test it right after you finish, ear, eye (bring glasses if you wear contacts or you will be put on hold), ekg ( bare chest, no belt, don't have coffee), and lung ( blowing into the instrument is weird, there is no resistance, so you run out of breath fast, if you don't do it right, you might be put on hold), also they have you sit in a chair as you do it so you don't pass out. After that, back outside until your name is called. I waited 15 minutes, was called in by one of the doctors, remember the 200 questions you did first on the computer, the doctor goes over it with you, and if you admitted to something, surgery, broken bones, sleep apena, diabetes, you'll have to explain yourself and if the answers don't add up, medical hold. The doctor will ask you questions, " what do you think this job entails", " do you feel your physically fit", he then had me sit on the bench, listened to my heart and then he asked me to lift up my shirt, he was looking for scares or any indication that I had surgery, or was trying to hide something that would only be seen if I had my shirt off.

Once he cleared me, back outside to the front, where you'll have to fill out the third set of paper work, also go over the 21 page book, someone will call you from the left side of the office, there are 4 or 5 rooms on the left side of the main counter, they bring you in there and go over all your paper work. I can't say it enough, if the information doesn't match, if the dates are wrong, they are going to put you on hold or send you back out to fix it (P.S. the office closes at 3:30). After the paper work has been reviewed, in that office they will have you fill out more paper work stating that you got the job, give you 4 books, and dates for orientation and training (orientation is in another building in downtown Brooklyn, training is in Coney Island, 7 am).

Back outside to take i.d pictures. Back to the front desk, to send me to the very first desk you stopped at in the morning when you showed your i.d to get another ticket to then go get your finger prints. I got there at 6:30 AM, was called up at 7 AM, I left about 1:30-1:45.

Just for point of reference, a class went in last month, they called up to list #1031 for that class, that will give you and idea where they are now.

Next class is the July 17th, I'll be there.

The process was long, tedious, the workers there can be rude, and last Thursday was a ZOO, there were so many people there for the initial pre employment paper work, they line wrapped around the bathroom in the back, it was packed.

What is your list #

Thank you!! With a list # in the 2800's, I'm just hoping that they're going to call me before this list expires...