Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Xkramz said:

Went in  Friday Oct 27th for pre employment

Got an email 4 days later to come in for medical  exam November 3rd  so this goes to show you how fast rhey trying to move  I guess?

That's awesome man good luck! I took my 1st drug test in August still waiting to take my medical, hopefully sooner then later, guess they are moving pretty quick

2 hours ago, Skn529 said:

That's awesome man good luck! I took my 1st drug test in August still waiting to take my medical, hopefully sooner then later, guess they are moving pretty quick

You should call, sometimes there is clerical errors like them putting your wrong email on file. 

1 hour ago, Xkramz said:

You should call, sometimes there is clerical errors like them putting your wrong email on file. 

Yeah I'm gonna call tomorrow, they should have my email though they contacted me through email 3 weeks ago saying they will contact me 2-3 weeks for medical 

Just now, Xkramz said:

Can i get info on the money order?

It says 87 bucks but I'm going to be honest. I never bought a money order ...ever lol 

you gotta get it from the post office, it's for your fingerprints 

Just now, Xkramz said:

Ish if non refundable ? Let's say I go on medical hold... for example and I don't get the job. 

if you go on medical hold, you'll hold on to it until youre cleared then you'll take your picture for your pass and get your prints taken 

16 minutes ago, ebenz1 said:

if you go on medical hold, you'll hold on to it until youre cleared then you'll take your picture for your pass and get your prints taken 

You can cash the money order in your name with a $3 fee I think if you need the money if you get placed on medical hold.. But make sure when they call you back for finger prints that you have that $87 money order 

PS DONT WRITE ANYTHING ON THE MONEY ORDER JUST IN CASE YOU DONT GET HIRED(GOD FOR BID) OR GET PLACED ON HOLD, THEY'LL DO IT WHEN THEY TAKE IT FROM YOU 

Edited by iwilson71792

Here's an update on my situation.

I am officially in the Nov. 27th class coming up.  List #131X.  I was sworn in on Halloween day, 10/31/17.  It's been a journey with this hiring process.

This agency is a mix of hard-working and not so hard working people who are mostly unhappy during the early hours of the day.  I learned that most do not take lunch breaks while others take more time than they should. Either way we shouldn't be at fault for the errors that are made on behalf of their staff who work in highly stressful environment.  

So for those who are waiting for their medical, do not wait more than 2 weeks for a response. Go to 180 Livingston if you can because these people, including the doctors/physicians, have made errors on my medical, sent late letters to some of us, lost my paperwork and made me wait 6-7 hours for nothing.  On top of everything, their communication among themselves is their biggest flaw.  One person tells me I need to take another medical even though mine doesn't expire until another 3 weeks. And then I receive phone calls asking me if I still want the job a day after I finish taking the drug test. Their computer programs also have cause "screen" errors (not sure what that is).  Had the doctors not misdiagnosed my ekg, I would have been in the 09/11/17 class.  Basically, do not wait longer than 2 weeks for an email. CALL CALL CALL!!!

For those waiting for medical, schedule a visit with your personal doctor to take the hearing, vision, ekg, and spirometer tests with them and maybe you won't have to take those tests with mta at all.  This is what my timeline of the hiring process looked like:

08/02/17 - first lab

08/18/17 - first medical 

09/22/17 - cleared medical hold

10/17/17 - 2nd lab

10/31/17 - sworn in

11/27/17 - start date.

Edited by Aahhhwoooooo

For those who need an extra email to reach a staff member at Livingston:

Emma Marie Rivera (manager of employment operations and EVP/human resources)

347-643-8523

Emma.Rivera@nyct.com

After I was hung up on by Ms. Robinson twice, told to take another medical although mine hadn't expired yet, and left with unanswered questions, this is the lady who helped me get through the hiring process.  But DO NOT expect any responses through e-mail from any of their staff. Some do and some don't e-mail you back. 

As far as those concerned with the money order. There is a check cashing place on Willoughby St.,  between Jay St. and Pearl St..  About 2 and half blocks away from 180 Livingston.  You can  get your money order there in 30 mins or less and return to complete final processing.  Just make sure you let the staff know you are stepping out if you do for whatever reason.  

Aahhhwoooooo

They must have lost ur info

Because that time line u layed out doesnt seem right

Because u say ur list # is 13xx

And u r n the 11/27 class

My list # is 165x and im in the 11/06 class

The guy that said they r making clerical errors is problaby right

9 hours ago, Aahhhwoooooo said:

For those waiting for medical, schedule a visit with your personal doctor to take the hearing, vision, ekg, and spirometer tests with them and maybe you won't have to take those tests with mta at all.

Congrats on making it in!! Even if you take a hearing, vision, ekg, and spirometer tests with your doctor, you're still going to have to do it at Livingston Street anyway...

1 hour ago, VA Slim said:

The guy that said they r making clerical errors is probably right

From being on a medical hold myself back in late 2013 & early 2014, and with the "screw-up" that took place, from my perspective, his timeline seems correct.

On 11/1/2017 at 9:49 AM, VA Slim said:

When training is over how do they decide what gang or where u work

Thanks in advance 4 ur help

There will be a mini pick and folks will get to choose their location based on seniority in your class.

17 hours ago, Aahhhwoooooo said:

For those who need an extra email to reach a staff member at Livingston:

Emma Marie Rivera (manager of employment operations and EVP/human resources)

347-643-8523

Emma.Rivera@nyct.com

After I was hung up on by Ms. Robinson twice, told to take another medical although mine hadn't expired yet, and left with unanswered questions, this is the lady who helped me get through the hiring process.  But DO NOT expect any responses through e-mail from any of their staff. Some do and some don't e-mail you back. 

Thanks! I was hung up on by her yesterday after she told me they weren't up to my number yet, couldn't even get another question in 

9 hours ago, VA Slim said:

Aahhhwoooooo

They must have lost ur info

The guy that said they r making clerical errors is problaby right

Thats exactly what happened Slim. They lost my info sometime between Charlie Moran and Ruby Robinson having control of the Track worker title. Another thing I found out from DCAS was that Mta sent the list back to DCAS the samd day I went in to clear my medical hold. Bad timing and agency negligence pushed me 2 months back.

For those keeping track of the number of Track workers a senority list was put out Nov. 2, 2017.

There are currently 1,875 Track workers.

I do not know the current minimum number of Track workers required by federal law currently but i do know there is one.

Keep in mind every year a class makes it's 25th. year with people eligible to retire as some just did last month.

Edited by dp142

On 10/31/2017 at 3:20 PM, Skn529 said:

i'm in the same boat as you, took my drug test in august and still waiting for medical. my list number is 18** what about you?