Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

1 hour ago, J2wresnwood said:

What list number are they up to ? Mine is between 2000 & 2100. I already did the drug test a month or two ago. Just waiting for the email now

According to @Queens718, whose list number is 269*, he went for a drug test on October 27th and got called for medical on November 8th. Therefore, if I was you, I would go down to 180 Livingston Street and find out what the story is, especially if your drug test was two months ago before the big "mishap" took place.

I'm in the 2800's and I took a drug test on November 7th (Election Day). If I don't hear back from them by Thanksgiving, I plan on going down on Black Friday and seeing what my status is...

33 minutes ago, ebenz1 said:

call DCAS and it'll let you know the last appointed list number 

Good luck with that. Last time I called them, the last appointed list number is 1626. This has not been updated since October 1st...

Edited by +Young+
Clarification...

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, J2wresnwood said:

Other than DCAS is there another number to call ? I’m currently in a training program with NJ Transit and can’t take any days off. 

If you look at this website (type "03600" in the search box on the right and put the list numbers in descending order), you'll see that as of October 2nd, the last certified list number is 4595 and not 3226. That should also say something itself, compared to the DCAS automated system...

Edited by +Young+

scoop11211 

We take some test but they dont matter

The instructor said the only test that matter is the one u take at flagging school

He said that u have 2 pass that test or u have to do the class over

Because u cant work without having ur flaggibg certification

34 minutes ago, J2wresnwood said:

Ok. I guess I’ll be going down there this week at some point. I just check and I took my drug test on 8/30/17. I got a letter stating that I should receive an email in 3 weeks on 10/17/17. Is that class that starts on 11/27 full yet ?

Went down Thursday after finding out they skipped my list number for medical. Hadda take a second drug test and they lost all of my paper work which I had to fill out again from when I previously went in August. If I were you I would go down there asap and see what's the deal

23 minutes ago, Skn529 said:

If I were you I would go down there asap and see what's the deal

And if you have a problem with them, I would ask to speak to Ms. Patricia A. Lodge (Vice President of Human Resources) or Ms. Emma Marie Brown (Executive Vice President of Human Resources). If you mention those names to the HR Representatives, that should say something itself.

Good luck!!

By the way, for those that are keeping track, @Skn529's list number is in the 1900's.

I'm in the 2800's and I took my first drug test on Tuesday, November 7th.

Edited by +Young+
Addition...

7 hours ago, nyi66 said:

finished up everything yesterday, ill see y'all the 27th

Congrats and thanks for the update!! For those that are keeping track, @nyi66's list number is in the 1800's.

Therefore, based on this information, and the information from *this website*, from my perspective, it's safe to say that the list number of the last certified is 4595, the list number of the last appointed is in the 1800's.

*If you need proof, type in "03600" in the search box on the top right, and put the list numbers in descending order.*

Edited by +Young+

35 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Congrats and thanks for the update!! For those that are keeping track, @nyi66's list number is in the 1800's.

Therefore, based on this information, and the information from *this website*, from my perspective, it's safe to say that the list number of the last certified is 4595, the list number of the last appointed is in the 1800's.

*If you need proof, type in "03600" in the search box on the top right, and put the list numbers in descending order.*

List number last appointed is about 195*

1 hour ago, riello2u said:

For anyone in upcoming classes, please let me know if the mini pick options are more then just cleaning gangs..Thanks 

Don’t hold your breath. The reason for the hiring influx is because they’re trying to make more cleaning gangs. 

18 minutes ago, blackribb said:

Current class right now we did our mini bid today all track maintenance 49 ppl in class 

Those are all cleaning jobs. Trust me. Track cleaning is considered Track maintenance. 

Edited by G13