Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

2 hours ago, blackribb said:

Are you sure Jose & Melvin mention we doing OJT next week we get hands on with the tools and stuff ...

And we’re still waiting for that OJT... that was about a month ago...

Trust me, you’re gonna be doing cleaning for a while. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been in TM 4 months now with Sun/Mon off.... Come pick time..That will mostly likely change but hoping to keep RDOs...Track cleaning would be my last choice only because I want to learn as much of the job possible. I see a white hard hat in my future.. 

Edited by +Young+
Missing a word (for those that do not understand)

12 hours ago, Xkramz said:

Dang quite a few ppl saying to try to avoid cleaning gang.... is it really thst bad? Smh 

Not really, majority of the new ppl coming in are going straight to cleaning gangs as that is the big initiative right now. Get the tracks and stations clean and garbage free. 

Tools are heavy, garbage bags are not that heavy when empty lol

On 11/9/2017 at 11:55 PM, Xkramz said:

It kinda sucks the classes are larger and the training is shorter..it is a dangerous  job after All.  But big classes means more opportunities  for more ppl

It's shorter and and classes are larger because everyone will be going to cleaning gangs.  A ton of new gangs created specifically for cleaning/scraping the tracks.

On 11/14/2017 at 1:45 PM, riello2u said:

For anyone in upcoming classes, please let me know if the mini pick options are more then just cleaning gangs..Thanks 

Current class right now we did our mini bid today all track maintenance 49 ppl 

Edited by blackribb

27 minutes ago, J2wresnwood said:

Does anyone know if the track worker class is full for Nov 27th ? I went for my physical and 2nd drug test  the other day. I hope I can make it in to that class

I'm in that class but was not given of the amount of vacancy left.  

If they are only up to 1900 how are people with higher numbers getting called and hired. I spoke to Mrs.Robinson on Tuesday personally and she said they just called numbers to see if they would show up.I'm in the 2600s and they called me in September then gave me the run around for 3 weeks. Can anyone explain to me how this really works for track worker test 3600?

11 minutes ago, Venom77 said:

If they are only up to 1900 how are people with higher numbers getting called and hired. I spoke to Mrs.Robinson on Tuesday personally and she said they just called numbers to see if they would show up.I'm in the 2600s and they called me in September then gave me the run around for 3 weeks. Can anyone explain to me how this really works for track worker test 3600?

Not sure man, you just gotta stay on top of them keep calling and asking, that's what I did. I took my drug test in August and just got my email for medical today and I'm in the 1900s

27 minutes ago, Skn529 said:

Not sure man, you just gotta stay on top of them keep calling and asking, that's what I did. I took my drug test in August and just got my email for medical today and I'm in the 1900s

On the medical email did they state what day your class starts?

26 minutes ago, Venom77 said:

14 minutes ago, Skn529 said:

First of all, you weren't the only one that got the "run around" in September. Since I'm in the 2800's, I went down there on Election Day to find out what my status was. I handed in the "revised" letter I got in the mail, which originally told me to report on September 29th, and surprisingly I took a drug test!! Therefore, because of what happened back in late September, if anyone got a letter and has not reported to 180 Livingston Street, I would do so ASAP. In addition, if you do, not only will you tell them that you're interested, but it's one less person that they have to contact yet again for the position. Again, it's not our fault that they sent us those "false" letters to begin with, am I right?

In addition, according to @Queens718 whose list number is 269*, he reported for the drug test on October 27th and they called him less than 2 weeks afterwards for the medical. Therefore, I plan on going back down to Livingston Street on Black Friday to check on my status. Even if I'm unsuccessful and they tell me I can't go for medical, at least I'll get a clear picture of what's going on compared with the "run around" that I've been getting on the phone.

Stay positive folks!!

On 11/17/2017 at 10:46 PM, +Young+ said:

First of all, you weren't the only one that got the "run around" in September. Since I'm in the 2800's, I went down there on Election Day to find out what my status was. I handed in the "revised" letter I got in the mail, which originally told me to report on September 29th, and surprisingly I took a drug test!! Therefore, because of what happened back in late September, if anyone got a letter and has not reported to 180 Livingston Street, I would do so ASAP. In addition, if you do, not only will you tell them that you're interested, but it's one less person that they have to contact yet again for the position. Again, it's not our fault that they sent us those "false" letters to begin with, am I right?

In addition, according to @Queens718 whose list number is 269*, he reported for the drug test on October 27th and they called him less than 2 weeks afterwards for the medical. Therefore, I plan on going back down to Livingston Street on Black Friday to check on my status. Even if I'm unsuccessful and they tell me I can't go for medical, at least I'll get a clear picture of what's going on compared with the "run around" that I've been getting on the phone.

Stay positive folks!!

They will be closed Black Friday.

6 minutes ago, calogerobroo said:

They will be closed Black Friday.

Source please? Worse comes to worse I'll go down the following Monday...

In addition, from having a few friends work for NYC Transit and another City agency, if they wanted off on Black Friday, they have to take a vacation day (unless it was their Regular Day Off).

Edited by +Young+

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

Source please? Worse comes to worse I'll go down the following Monday...

In addition, from having a few friends work for NYC Transit and another City agency, if they wanted off on Black Friday, they have to take a vacation day (unless it was their Regular Day Off).

180 and Zerega observe different holidays compared to the rest of the system.