Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

Ok bro thanks 4 reply we r n our last week of OJT and let me tell u

Ojt is hard work bit nothing we couldnt handle lol

I was told all new classes change all the ties on the yard

And man digging rocks with a fork is 

Well u will c

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, VA Slim said:

Ok bro thanks 4 reply we r n our last week of OJT and let me tell u

Ojt is hard work bit nothing we couldnt handle lol

I was told all new classes change all the ties on the yard

And man digging rocks with a fork is 

Well u will c

Facts OjT is no joke basically we’re doing a capital project 

Well i wouldnt go that far but its hard work

But everyday we get better and faster

And while during this work at OJT 

NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES WE DO THE SAME THING EVERYTIME WE DO WORK I LEARN HOW TO FIX THE SAME PROBLEM MANY DIfFERENT ways

This is a very informative form and i would like to make a request of all the new people in transit like myself

And that is 

After u leave school , OJT, medical , drug screen , pick location or any aspect of the journey through transit please post things that u think can help the next person 

I really appreciate the people that went through b4 me and anwsered question 4 me and the only way i can show my thanks is to do the same 4 someone esle

And special thx 2 the veterans n trans that come 2 this forum and and anwer question 4 us

30 minutes ago, VA Slim said:

Go back a few pages and read some of the posts

U will get most of those awswers to thoses kind of questions

Im new also but i do remember reading something along those lines

I gave the list of the mini picks for my current class  are you stating thsoe picks?

Maybe i am i cant remember 

But next week wen u get n the field u will be able to c an old pick book

Then u will c how it goes 

But to some up the whole situation

Like @G13 said us new guys this early in our carreers will be going to  cleaning gangs  

No matter where we r now or go on our mini pick

At pick time we will b on cleaning gangs

Because thats all gonna b left 4 us to pick 

But we got alot of years to go so right now 

im not even thinking about where i work or what im doing 

im gonna just concentrate on learning and practicing how to stay safe because

Im finding out first hand that there r alot of ways to get hurt down there

Be safe 

Wishing everybody in ur class good luck

Have a good weekend

What up guys I have a quick 2 questions, 1- is the list still open (are thy still hiring applicants) & 2- I was in the high 100’s of the list number but missed my opportunity for various reasons. I’m able to do so now, if possible how can I go about it? 

Any info is highly appreciated, thanks in advance guys 

1 hour ago, Figs said:

What up guys I have a quick 2 questions, 1- is the list still open (are thy still hiring applicants) & 2- I was in the high 100’s of the list number but missed my opportunity for various reasons. I’m able to do so now, if possible how can I go about it? 

Any info is highly appreciated, thanks in advance guys 

Yes, the list is still open!! Although they're not processing any applicants, they're still hiring with classes every few weeks until May of 2018.

As far as your second question, the first thing you would have to do is restore your name to the list. Click here for instructions on how to do that via e-mail. After you restore your name to the list, which might take up to two weeks since we're in the "Holiday Season", the next step is to wait for Livingston Street to invite down the next group of people to process for Track Worker. When this happens, you'll be among the first to get processed, since you're list number remains the same, and they go in order by list number. When you go down there, don't be discouraged if you have a high ticket number, since they go by "first come, first served" just for that particular day.

Good luck!!

Edited by +Young+
Typographical error...

On 12/18/2017 at 7:45 PM, +Young+ said:

Yes, the list is still open!! Although they're not processing any applicants, they're still hiring with classes every few weeks until May of 2018.

As far as your second question, the first thing you would have to do is restore your name to the list. Click here for instructions on how to do that via e-mail. After you restore your name to the list, which might take up to two weeks since we're in the "Holiday Season", the next step is to wait for Livingston Street to invite down the next group of people to process for Track Worker. When this happens, you'll be among the first to get processed, since you're list number remains the same, and they go in order by list number. When you go down there, don't be discouraged if you have a high ticket number, since they go by "first come, first served" just for that particular day.

Good luck!!

Thank you! Can anyone direct me to the number for Livingston or Ruby Robinson’s number? Thanks in advance 

31 minutes ago, Figs said:

Thank you! Can anyone direct me to the number for Livingston or Ruby Robinson’s number? Thanks in advance

Ms. Robinson's phone number is 347-643-8198. The other phone numbers for Livingston Street are 347-643-8229/8230/8231/8232.

On 11/2/2017 at 1:05 AM, Aahhhwoooooo said:

For those who need an extra email to reach a staff member at Livingston:

Emma Marie Rivera (manager of employment operations and EVP/human resources)

347-643-8523

Emma.Rivera@nyct.com

After I was hung up on by Ms. Robinson twice, told to take another medical although mine hadn't expired yet, and left with unanswered questions, this is the lady who helped me get through the hiring process.  But DO NOT expect any responses through e-mail from any of their staff. Some do and some don't e-mail you back. 

Good Luck!!

Edited by +Young+

Hey yall... been following this forum for years. Thanks to those that have provided their input/experience.

Recently restored my name (in the uper 200s). I expect to get a notice soon to come in for a drug test. My question to anyone who got past that point ..... what is the gap between receiving that letter in the mail and the actual date you have to show up at Livingston? I will be out of town until the end of next week and i do not want to miss that appointment

Buddy there isnt no specific time between drug test and final processing

But when u get called u should go down there 

If u r out of town 

U should come 4 the appointment

If its not an emergency

Because they are doing alot of hiring right now but it can't last 4ever 

Good luck buddy

no brother i didnt mean DT to Final processing. I mean even before that, when u get the letter in the mailfor DT. When you receive that letter in the mail to go in for DT.... how long has the gap been for some of yall?

example.... letter comes in Jan 2 to my mail box saying "Report to Livingston for Drug testing on...." 

13 minutes ago, qnsfinest1 said:

no brother i didnt mean DT to Final processing. I mean even before that, when u get the letter in the mailfor DT. When you receive that letter in the mail to go in for DT.... how long has the gap been for some of yall?

example.... letter comes in Jan 2 to my mail box saying "Report to Livingston for Drug testing on...." 

From the "false" letters that me & a bunch of other people got this past September, I would say two weeks (give/take a couple of days). However, if you can't make it on that particular day, just give them a call (347-643-8229/30/31/32) and, providing you're able to come in within a week or two of that particular day, they'll work with you in which you won't have to go through DCAS to restore your name to the list yet again.

Good luck!!

On 12/26/2017 at 6:49 AM, Figs said:

Young thanks for the help! Called & Spoke to mrs Robinson today. She told me go down to 1 centre st with two id’s. Went, took about 15 min to complete the entire process. Named restored on the list in 5-10 business days. Good luck everyone 

16 hours ago, Bklynfnst said:

Has anyone been called for Track Worker #3600 with list 2700 or higher? My list 27** and was called, I did my drug test on October 27th and since then nothing.

I'm in the 2800's. I did my drug test on November 7th, as a result of the "false" letter that I got in the mail, and I also heard nothing from them so far.

I know it's hard, however it's a waiting game. Hopefully you'll hear back prior to your 90 days, which is January 27th. If not, since Ms. Robinson is known for hanging up on people, I would politely call Ms. Rivera (her information is below) and see what the story is. What doesn't help is that a lot of people got all excited when we got those "false" letters in the mail, and for those of us that went down there in late September, the agency not only turned us away, but also told us to go back to DCAS to restore our names to the list. What a waste of time that was...gees.

Good luck and Happy New Year!!

On 11/2/2017 at 1:05 AM, Aahhhwoooooo said:

For those who need an extra email to reach a staff member at Livingston:

Emma Marie Rivera (manager of employment operations and EVP/human resources)

347-643-8523

Emma.Rivera@nyct.com

After I was hung up on by Ms. Robinson twice, told to take another medical although mine hadn't expired yet, and left with unanswered questions, this is the lady who helped me get through the hiring process.  But DO NOT expect any responses through e-mail from any of their staff. Some do and some don't e-mail you back. 

Edited by +Young+