Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

Thanks but I know that. The reason I’m asking now is bc I don’t want to wait till orientation to find out that info. Was hoping someone on here would be able to help.

i wasn’t sure if you max out at $35 after 5yrs or not. If anyone knows and can help I appreciate it. Thanks in advance 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Figs said:

Thanks but I know that. The reason I’m asking now is bc I don’t want to wait till orientation to find out that info. Was hoping someone on here would be able to help.

i wasn’t sure if you max out at $35 after 5yrs or not. If anyone knows and can help I appreciate it. Thanks in advance 

Take a look at this chart for top pay info. I will also advise you to read through the the thread from beginning to end as there is a lot of good info in the previous posts. 

Edited by +Young+
Fixed chart...

2 hours ago, Supadupasai said:

Take a look at this chart for top pay info. I will also advise you to read through the the thread from beginning to end as there is a lot of good info in the previous posts. 

I had trouble viewing the original "chart" that you originally posted, therefore I fixed it so hopefully everyone will be able to view it.

As one person in this thread/topic mentioned, if you're able to pick Capital, and if you take if not all, most of the overtime that's out there, you can easily make at least $100,000 from this job. I say "able to" since I read that most of the rookies are going to cleaning gangs.

As far as "reading through the thread from the beginning to end as there is a lot of good information in the previous posts," I agree 100%!! As I told some of the other moderators of the site, two of the files I have saved on my desktop are:

• Track Worker 3600 Thread Comments (35 pages)
  • Track Worker Medical (18 pages)

These two files have come in handy, and they will be "handy", not only to effectively moderate this thread/topic, but when the time comes for me to go back down to Livingston Street and eventually to PS 248 as well.

2 minutes ago, VA Slim said:

When ever u have free time just read a few pages of this thread a few pages at a time by the time u have read the entire tread most of all ur question about track

It helped me

I'm glad it did! That's why we're here to begin with - to help each other, and to help out our anonymous guests as well.

Edited by +Young+
Addition...

16 hours ago, Figs said:

http://www.twulocal100.org/contracts-taoamta-bus

As per 2012-2017 Ratified MOU TA/OA, the wage progression chart is outlined therein, additionally the top pay chart is also provided at the top of the contracts page.  

However, by the time you reach 5 years in title, the top pay will differe than what you see here, via contract negotiations provided you have not taken and/or not successfully passed any promotional exams. 

The information contained in these pages is only the surface of what you see, once involved with the TA and being in contact with fellow senior members in said department, you may have opportunities to increase your earning potential.

+Young+, thank you very much. Calling Ms. Robinson is a lost cause, been there done that. I have gone down to Livingston Street 3 times before I was able to do my drug test. Have you gone to dcas to restore your name as yet? Happy New Year Everyone!

19 minutes ago, Bklynfnst said:

+Young+, thank you very much. Calling Ms. Robinson is a lost cause, been there done that. I have gone down to Livingston Street 3 times before I was able to do my drug test. Have you gone to dcas to restore your name as yet? Happy New Year Everyone!

I didn't cause I didn't need to...I went down on November 7th and they let me submit my pre-employment paperwork and take the first drug test.

Happy New Year!!

1 minute ago, ebenz1 said:

there was a sign up period for exam 8600 for track. pretty sure that passed already 

Ok. Thanks for the reply. I'm already in the process for Loco Engineer. I was asking for a friend of mine who wants to get on track. I'm always checking the boards, doesn't look like they hire for that much. 

Just now, MistaFISH said:

Ok. Thanks for the reply. I'm already in the process for Loco Engineer. I was asking for a friend of mine who wants to get on track. I'm always checking the boards, doesn't look like they hire for that much. 

there's actually alot of New track workers being hired 

6 minutes ago, ebenz1 said:

Awesome. I imagine that they get millions of applicants for track. That's probably why they don't post for it very often. I think i applied for it a few years ago, but they never called me for it. I applied for engineer in April, and they hit me up 7 months later. Are you in the hiring process for track? Sorry, I have not read the entire thread.

Just now, MistaFISH said:

Awesome. I imagine that they get millions of applicants for track. That's probably why they don't post for it very often. I think i applied for it a few years ago, but they never called me for it. I applied for engineer in April, and they hit me up 7 months later. Are you in the hiring process for track? Sorry, I have not read the entire thread.

I was hired 2 months ago 

1 hour ago, ebenz1 said:

there was a sign up period for exam 8600 for track. pretty sure that passed already 

Please refer to this thread regarding that...thank you.

1 hour ago, MistaFISH said:

All you, and/or your friend have to do is keep a close eye on this page. That's all...

1 hour ago, ebenz1 said:

And they're coming off of this list. The physical examination for Exam 8600 has not been administered yet. And based on the Notice of Examination and the last Bus Operator exam I took, this test is going to be a lot harder...

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

Please refer to this thread regarding that...thank you.

All you, and/or your friend have to do is keep a close eye on this page. That's all...

And they're coming off of this list. The physical examination for Exam 8600 has not been administered yet. And based on the Notice of Examination and the last Bus Operator exam I took, this test is going to be a lot harder...

Oh...i'm new to the forum and thought this was for LIRR. Thanks for the info though. I applied for an ironworker position with Transit. They responded literally two days before the LIRR did with the Engineer invite, so i went with the latter. Thanks again.

22 minutes ago, MistaFISH said:

Oh...i'm new to the forum and thought this was for LIRR. Thanks for the info though. I applied for an ironworker position with Transit. They responded literally two days before the LIRR did with the Engineer invite, so i went with the latter. Thanks again.

You're welcome. Although this specific thread/topic is for NYC Transit, the entire forum is for all of the MTA agencies, NJ Transit, Amtrak, NICE, etc. As long as you post something where it's supposed to belong, you're fine.

And, by the way, welcome to the forum @MistaFISH!

11 hours ago, +Young+ said:

You're welcome. Although this specific thread/topic is for NYC Transit, the entire forum is for all of the MTA agencies, NJ Transit, Amtrak, NICE, etc. As long as you post something where it's supposed to belong, you're fine.

And, by the way, welcome to the forum @MistaFISH!

Thank you for those helpful guidelines. It's great to be here. Also, Happy New Year to everyone and good luck in 2018!

2 hours ago, nycFin said:

anyone know the last number called or was called them self? im 22xx for reference

On 12/18/2017 at 9:26 AM, nycFin said:

2145 is the last person hired, called this morning.

This is the last update, which is less than a month old. If this is correct, you should be hearing from them shortly.

• +Young+ changed the title to Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process
3 minutes ago, nycFin said:

alright so i just called the DCAS automated number and i am no longer on an outstanding certification, should i be worried or is this part of the process? 

On 11/2/2017 at 1:05 AM, Aahhhwoooooo said:

For those who need an extra email to reach a staff member at Livingston:

Emma Marie Rivera (manager of employment operations and EVP/human resources)

347-643-8523

Emma.Rivera@nyct.com

After I was hung up on by Ms. Robinson twice, told to take another medical although mine hadn't expired yet, and left with unanswered questions, this is the lady who helped me get through the hiring process.  But DO NOT expect any responses through e-mail from any of their staff. Some do and some don't e-mail you back. 

I would reach out to Ms. Rivera and take it from there. Honestly, with the situation screwed up with those "fake" letters we got back in late September, I would go directly to the source and not to Ms. Robinson.