Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, noska said:

howd it go?

literally just got back home, was there all day. took all those test and yeah, they do the ishi test. i nearly bombed it to be honest but she let me do the slides over a few times until i got it right. after all the tests i taken for an interview where they swore me in and afterwards did the fingerprints

Hi All, I just want to say how helpful you have all been in the process. I am not the applicant, that was my boyfriend. But I am not one to just sit around and wait for news, so I was constantly in the internet looking for any answers and I stumbled upon this forum. My boyfriend originally got a pre-employment letter back September 2017, he went in September 8th and the wait began after his drug test. The numbers didn’t match up so we just waited and waited in hopes. Nothing. We got his second pre-employment letter January 19th, and we thought they messed up that he was getting the same letter and paper work.  So I took to the internet and found you, wish I had found you before that! So he was invited to go in on January 29th. The numbers when you call were finally high enough we thought good things were coming! And turns out we were right, he got his email today for the medical on February 6th! Class starts on February 26th. But thank you all for your questions and answers, I would have gone insane from the 19th till now without all these answers to our questions. His Uncle just retired from the MTA and we tried to use him for info on the whole process but he wasn’t much help! Then again he did this 35+ years ago! Can’t blame him! Much appreciated for all the insight! Good luck to all and let’s hope his medical goes well! His list number was in the 23xx’s. 

3 hours ago, Queensqueens111 said:

I’m in the early 2600s hoping I get called again. If I get that booklet to fill out again, should I keep off the books work off the list of employment?

Since the pre-employment paperwork is valid for 90 calendar days, you will have to fill out the booklet again, in which you should list all of your on-the-books jobs and not your 'off-the-books' jobs. In lieu, just mention how you were financially supported during that time (spouse, friend, savings, etc.)

As a reminder, my list number is in the 2800's.

6 hours ago, marley723 said:

Hi All, I just want to say how helpful you have all been in the process. I am not the applicant, that was my boyfriend. But I am not one to just sit around and wait for news, so I was constantly in the internet looking for any answers and I stumbled upon this forum. My boyfriend originally got a pre-employment letter back September 2017, he went in September 8th and the wait began after his drug test. The numbers didn’t match up so we just waited and waited in hopes. Nothing. We got his second pre-employment letter January 19th, and we thought they messed up that he was getting the same letter and paper work.  So I took to the internet and found you, wish I had found you before that! So he was invited to go in on January 29th. The numbers when you call were finally high enough we thought good things were coming! And turns out we were right, he got his email today for the medical on February 6th! Class starts on February 26th. But thank you all for your questions and answers, I would have gone insane from the 19th till now without all these answers to our questions. His Uncle just retired from the MTA and we tried to use him for info on the whole process but he wasn’t much help! Then again he did this 35+ years ago! Can’t blame him! Much appreciated for all the insight! Good luck to all and let’s hope his medical goes well! His list number was in the 23xx’s. 

that's awesome im happy for both of you! you took the words out of my mouth, this forum was more helpful than any other person i spoke with from transit and i'm thankful for everyone who contributed. I'll keep putting info out even after my class starts just because

On 2/2/2018 at 5:58 PM, nycFin said:

literally just got back home, was there all day. took all those test and yeah, they do the ishi test. i nearly bombed it to be honest but she let me do the slides over a few times until i got it right. after all the tests i taken for an interview where they swore me in and afterwards did the fingerprints

sorry i was upstate for the weekend with no internet. thanks for the info. I hope i can do the test, if not though i hope theyll let me do that other test with the traffic light because i'm sure I can do that.  when I got home today I had an email telling me to come in wednesday. hopefully I go right through. How long were you there for? aaaand do you happen to remember the numbers from the ishihara test? ha

congrats to you

hopefully ill get into that next class too. whend they say it was? the 25th?

Edited by noska

18 hours ago, noska said:

sorry i was upstate for the weekend with no internet. thanks for the info. I hope i can do the test, if not though i hope theyll let me do that other test with the traffic light because i'm sure I can do that.  when I got home today I had an email telling me to come in wednesday. hopefully I go right through. How long were you there for? aaaand do you happen to remember the numbers from the ishihara test? ha

congrats to you

hopefully ill get into that next class too. whend they say it was? the 25th?

thank you man hope too see you there too. was there all day. got there at 6:30am and they let us up at 7:00am. was there until around 4:00pm, im pretty sure you'll go right through dont stress it and lol i wish i remembered the numbers now bro sadly i dont and yeah the class is the 26th

6 minutes ago, nycFin said:

thank you man hope too see you there too. was there all day. got there at 6:30am and they let us up at 7:00am. was there until around 4:00pm, im pretty sure you'll go right through dont stress it and lol i wish i remembered the numbers now bro sadly i dont and yeah the class is the 26th

My boyfriend was there too, today. Big guy, probably saw him around, lol. He was there until about 3:30-:345. He’ll be in the February 26th class with you! Congrats to you! And good luck to you noska! Hopefully it’ll go quick for you!

19 minutes ago, marley723 said:

My boyfriend was there too, today. Big guy, probably saw him around, lol. He was there until about 3:30-:345. He’ll be in the February 26th class with you! Congrats to you! And good luck to you noska! Hopefully it’ll go quick for you!

i was actually there the 2nd but that's awesome! I'll probably see him in class. im happy people are getting through

Just want to let everyone know his experience for the medical today. He arrived around 7:20 due to train delays, waited until about 9:45 to do the hearing test, urine test and weight around 10:15. He then did blood pressure and ekg at 10:45. Eye test around 11. Saw doctor around 2pm. More paperwork, then fingerprints around 3:15, received all his new employee manuals and books at 3:35. Don’t know if this is the usual but can give you a semi idea of the day. Good luck to everyone!! I just know I can’t wait to start reading the books he has now, I like reading employee handbooks and such. 

On 2/6/2018 at 4:51 PM, nycFin said:

I passed everything. Finished my paperwork and the process after going back today. I had to go back today to finish because in one of the packets we had to fill out they ask if you have been arrested and ask you about it so I filled it out telling about a disorderly conduct arrest I had a few years ago and when I handed it in they asked me for the original certificate of disposition and I only had a copy. The court where I got arrested is some little rinky dink bs court upstate and they wouldn't mail it to me and MTA wouldn't accept it if it was emailed or faxed so I had to drive five hours through that ice storm last night to get it when they opened this morning and then drive back to Brooklyn to finish the paperwork. I got back to 180 Livingston street at like 1pm today. Such a pain in the ass over something so trivial.  But atleast its over and I'm hired and ready to go. I'll see you at orientation on the 26th.

With the Ishihara test, I couldn't see the numbers in the view finder thing so instead they had me look at big traffic light/ tunnel signal thing that was in the same room and I had to identify red, blue, orange, and green. I was able to do that easily so I passed. 

12 hours ago, noska said:

I passed everything. Finished my paperwork and the process after going back today. I had to go back today to finish because in one of the packets we had to fill out they ask if you have been arrested and ask you about it so I filled it out telling about a disorderly conduct arrest I had a few years ago and when I handed it in they asked me for the original certificate of disposition and I only had a copy. The court where I got arrested is some little rinky dink bs court upstate and they wouldn't mail it to me and MTA wouldn't accept it if it was emailed or faxed so I had to drive five hours through that ice storm last night to get it when they opened this morning and then drive back to Brooklyn to finish the paperwork. I got back to 180 Livingston street at like 1pm today. Such a pain in the ass over something so trivial.  But atleast its over and I'm hired and ready to go. I'll see you at orientation on the 26th.

With the Ishihara test, I couldn't see the numbers in the view finder thing so instead they had me look at big traffic light/ tunnel signal thing that was in the same room and I had to identify red, blue, orange, and green. I was able to do that easily so I passed. 

damnnn man that's a crazy journey.. glad you pulled through though especially after all that. but all in all congratulations! and lol wow the nurse literally had me strain my eyes until i saw the numbers i would of rather done the traffic light lol see you there tho man.

20 hours ago, Patrick88 said:

I got into the February 26 class also. Does anyone know if there is parking at the training facility? Would much rather drive and cut my commute in half. 

No more parking in  the parking lot school without  a MTA parking permit. U can try your luck around the school or anywhere nearby. 

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

I'm in the 2800's and I also got a letter to come down on February 21st with my IDs again...we'll see what happens...

3 hours ago, Queensqueens111 said:

26**s got a letter today to come down the 16th with my IDs again. 

they seem to be caught up from when they fell behind and were calling everyone down too early and turning people back. I think it should move quickly for you now. they had me come down for the 2nd time to do the preemployment on the 29th and they called me to come back for medical + final processing like 6 days later. hopefully it works out quickly for you guys.

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

I'm in the 2800's and I also got a letter to come down on February 21st with my IDs again...we'll see what happens...

May i ask if you are in the high 2800's or low 2800's ?

thank you

Sorry if this has been asked, does anyone know if dark brown boots are allowed? I know they issue boots but he just got new ones that he has and are a lot more comfortable than the ones that are issued. And they said he doesn’t have to take them but no one was sure at Livingston if brown were allowed.