Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

53 minutes ago, INDman said:

Got a letter in the mail with weekend, my list number is in the 2880’s. Paper work said to come down on February 27th. Looks like I’ll be passing on this as it’s over a 50% cut in pay. 

What’s your current occupation if you don’t mind me asking? I’m in a construction union and am also taking a pay cut 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay so I went through the whole process and passed the physical, took my picture... handed in my 21 page app along with my dispositions (2 year sentence along with alot of dismissal for misdemeanors) no interview, no fingerprints, no sworn in date and was told that my app would be investigated and i would be contacted by mail... can anyone give me any info on what to expect or what the process is about... ive waited jumped through every hoop even paying 8 grand in back parking tickets (bad break up)... I REALLY NEED THIS JOB AND ANY INFO OR ADVICE WOULD HELP...!!! Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, Mandrew said:

Okay so I went through the whole process and passed the physical, took my picture... handed in my 21 page app along with my dispositions (2 year sentence along with alot of dismissal for misdemeanors) no interview, no fingerprints, no sworn in date and was told that my app would be investigated and i would be contacted by mail... can anyone give me any info on what to expect or what the process is about... ive waited jumped through every hoop even paying 8 grand in back parking tickets (bad break up)... I REALLY NEED THIS JOB AND ANY INFO OR ADVICE WOULD HELP...!!! Thanks in advance 

did you time for any of the alleged offenses ?

27 minutes ago, Mandrew said:

@Chris127 yes i did 2 years for 3 cases running concurrently... 

that could be the reason for them investigating your information if im not mistaken  i dont think you can work for the city with any criminal convictions but just make sure you stay on top of them if you heard otherwise 

14 hours ago, Mandrew said:

Okay so I went through the whole process and passed the physical, took my picture.....

@Mandrew, can you please share your list number so we can figure out what list number they're up to for medical & final processing? Make sure to not reveal the last digit or two to hide your identity...thanks...

Edited by +Young+

56 minutes ago, Queensqueens111 said:

Did they give you a training start date?

Give or take do you know how many were there for medical that day? Trying to gage how many they take a day to see when they may call me l.

Hi Queensqueens111, I was called down for another drug test on Feb. 9 and was emailed and received a call on Feb 12 at 4:59 pm to go down on Feb 16 for Medical and final processing. Got into the March 12 class. My list # mid 25**.

So I got back from Livingston Street for another drug test - if anybody was down there, I was wearing a lime green jacket with a blue sweater with dress pants and black sneakers. In addition to myself, in which my list number is in the low 2800's, I was talking to someone else whose list number was 276*. After the drug test, they said 3 to 90 calendar days, so we'll see what happens...

Edited by +Young+

On 2/20/2018 at 4:12 PM, Chris127 said:

that could be the reason for them investigating your information if im not mistaken  i dont think you can work for the city with any criminal convictions but just make sure you stay on top of them if you heard otherwise 

Plenty of felons down here.  As long as you admit your crime, paid the fines, did the time, and are currently staying clean, you will see a positive outcome.  But omit or lie about it and they will make an example of you.

@Dave2836 thanks for the advice an inspiration bro but I was asking about the process because I was under the impression that yes you can be hired as a felon, but that when you passed your medical and took a picture that next was fingerprints sworn in and a report date being that didn’t happen in my case I was wondering what’s to be expected has anyone else had the same thing happen to the them if so how long for a response so on and so forth

On 2/20/2018 at 4:12 PM, Chris127 said:

Yes you can work for the city with criminal convictions. I Have a good friend who commited  a serious federal crime did about 15 years and is working for the MTA now.  From what he told me they just check all your court records etc.. just be patient. A criminal past shouldnt reflect on your hiring. No one is perfect. 

Good luck buddy. @Mandrew

Edited by Erick76

On 2/24/2018 at 8:48 PM, Nryan24 said:

My list number 337*. Anybody know if they are close to this number? I’ve been getting lots of misinformation. Also any idea when i could get called?

First, please hide the last digit of your list number to hide your identity.

Second, I'm in the low 2800's and went down on February 21st for the drug test. I know someone who's in the high 2800's and he's going down this Wednesday for the drug test.

Third, if you look at this site (type "03600" in the search box on the top right and have the list numbers sorted in ascending order), they're only processing up to list number 3226 at this time, since their information has been requested by DCAS on January 8th, which makes sense, since they got a 95% or higher on the exam according to the certified list.

Therefore, to answer your question, it's going to be a while. Since no one knows the concrete answer, if I had to take an educated guess, it could be at least 6 more months, depending on how many people who have a list number lower than or equivalent to 3226 get hired by NYC Transit within the next couple of months.

Hope this helps.

Edited by +Young+
Correction...

1 hour ago, Queensqueens111 said:

264*s passed medical and swore in today, in March 12th class.

When they email you for the medical do note they tell you to bring a money order for fingers prints, don’t forget it.

Sheesh man, time flies. I’m 5+ months in and I see the list is still moving rather briskly. I wonder if the classes are still 75 ppl. Congrats to you making it. Great job. May not always wind up doing what you think you signed up for, but just remember you get paid the same as everyone else. 

3 hours ago, Queensqueens111 said:

264*s passed medical and swore in today, in March 12th class.

When they email you for the medical do note they tell you to bring a money order for fingers prints, don’t forget it.

thats great congrats how long did they take to call you back for medical ?

Hey everyone ,I'm a little concerned nowI took the drug test on the 15th and did not get a call or email. My list is 258* which is lower than queensqueen. Any one has any ideas why I would not get the call back yet. Also i got the "false letter back in sept and did the drug test back then as well.