Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

You need to pass a 1 year probationary period before being eligible for any promotions.

It is possible to have probation extended, usually by 6 months, should there be some sort of serious rule infraction which is very rare.

Should you become I'll or injured requiring significant time off like 2 weeks for example or were to be called for jury duty I'm not sure if and or how an extension of probation may work in those cases.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how many, especially since the list contains 12,494 names and the HR Dept. let two months pass by without calling anyone...

That have to wait the initial 60 days before they can call from any city list and being that the 60 days fell around the holidays it only makes sense to wait until after they're over. Hopefully when they do start things move along quickly.

That have to wait the initial 60 days before they can call from any city list and being that the 60 days fell around the holidays it only makes sense to wait until after they're over. Hopefully when they do start things move along quickly.

They have to? Then how come that was not the case with the Bus Operator 2613 list? That list was established, or made to the public on October 30th and I recall going down November 7th for the first drug test?

In addition, why did I get my "official notice of results" after getting a letter to report for the first drug test?

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan

They have to? Then how come that was not the case with the Bus Operator 2613 list? That list was established, or made to the public on October 30th and I recall going down November 7th for the first drug test?

In addition, why did I get my "official notice of results" after getting a letter to report for the first drug test?

That's what it said on the site http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/3600.htm so I assumed that went for all city exams.

That's what it said on the site http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/3600.htm so I assumed that went for all city exams.

I see...I just think they did that for the following reasons:

a) If you look back at the Notice of Examination (http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/archives/pdf/3600.pdf), the filing period was over two years ago and the civil service exam was given at least 18 months ago. Therefore, some people were anxious to get their list number.

b) With the list having over 12,000 names, they have plenty of people to work with, especially since the list can possibly be extended another year or two for whatever reason.

c) Any other reasons folks??

with a 85% my list# is in the 7000s

That is a VERY high number.

However, better to be on a list then not. I waited 2 1/2  years to be called. That was 22 years ago. At the very least call once a year to see where the list is and just wait your time.

Keep taking tests and being patient.

Just called transit 347-643-8500 they start calling from our list 3600 in january due to there isnt a hiring freeze and large need for certain amount of trackworkers. "The fun has begun" !!!

I hope this is right, and i wonder how far up on the list they will reach for the first batch of processing

got my letter for my physical in the mail today anybody knows how many days they do for the physical 

First, congrats on receiving the letter! Mind I ask what your list number is? You can hide the last digit. Like mine is 280* (which is in between 2800 and 2809).

Second, as far as how many days they do for the physical, it should just be one. As far as what this consists of, this is from post #4611, page 462 of the B/O Exam 2613 Questions:

"it consists of more paperwork, a survey on their computer about your past(y/n questions) and health history,  a hearing test, they take your blood pressure and weight, then they take your urine for sugar, blood and other things not drug related that may indicate health issues, then they do the EKG and finally you do your vision test. once thats done you see their doctor he listens to your lungs, makes you stand on one leg/then the other, he makes you squat, walk on your toes/heals, checks your throat and decides wether your qualified or not. you take the paperwork back to the front counters and you do your interview, take your photos for your id/ and you do fingerprints and photo again. then your done. they give you your pension packet, health insurance documents and a whole bunch of other paperwork for the union and they tell you when to report."

Hopefully this should help.

Congratulations for all that are getting called for their physical. I was wondering if someone here on the forum knows how they establish the list when 2 people have the same score but one person is like in the 1800 and the other person at 3000 . The track worker exam did not ask for any qualifications , experience so just curious? Thanks

I just heard from a friend who's list number is 100-110 and he just received a notice for his physical. Hopefully the list continues to fly by. Best of luck to all.

gvs75: no one knows for sure. I was told it went by filing date, but that info could be false.

Congratulations for all that are getting called for their physical. I was wondering if someone here on the forum knows how they establish the list when 2 people have the same score but one person is like in the 1800 and the other person at 3000 . The track worker exam did not ask for any qualifications , experience so just curious? Thanks

First of all, I have a PDF version of the list saved to my computer and the person who has a list # of 1800 has a score of 97.5 and the person who has a list # of 3000 has a score of 95.0.

Anyways, to answer your question, some anonymous person, who I wish to keep secret, told me that it is based on when you applied online or filed for the exam, which makes sense since you can view when you exactly applied, by date and the specific time (hour, minute and second).

As an example:

The filing period for this exam was from July 25th to August 8th of 2012. If three people file on different days (July 26th, 28th and 30) and get the same score on the exam (95%). Then the person who applied on July 26th will get a list number in the 2600s or 2700s, the person who applied on July 28th will get list number 280* (which is my case, even though I don't remember when I exactly filed), and the person who applied on July 30th will get a list in the number 3000s or 3100s.

Now I am just taking about three people. Multiply this times 4,100, which equals 12,300 and you're close to the number of eligible candidates on the list, which is 12,494. If there is a dispute, the MTA just has to check when they exactly filed, or applied online.

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan

got my letter for my physical in the mail today anybody knows how many days they do for the physical

It used to be drug screening first, then physical. When I was called years ago the letter said it was for an "interview" or something like that.I showed up at Livingston St that day and all I did was pee in a cup and went home. Once cleared they called all the ones that passed our drug tests back for our physicals. A lot of guys failed that pee test. Not sure they do it like this anymore but expect a drug test... Edited by SpikeMauler