Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Training was originally six weeks 3 in the class and 3 in the field, but with the rush to hire and all the calls back around September they shorten it. Classes back then we’re packed much more then 50, maybe with the classes back to a small number of people the training is longer again. Doesn’t mean there can’t be more then one training class at a time over lapping some weeks.

Edited by Queensqueens111

26 minutes ago, G13 said:

Lol common misconception. You won’t really find rats out in the tunnels. They usually hang out on the platforms or nearby. The less human traffic there is, the less likely there’s food. 

lol that is true

im in  the class now and its 3 weeks at the school then 3 weeks ojt at either e180th st in the bronx and east new york/38thstreet in brooklyn. after the 6 weeks you go to your mini pick until the general pick.

and yea we went on the structure today. fuccccck that shit. I don't plan on doing that again. they can keep days, i wanted to work nights anyway ha

Edited by noska

17 minutes ago, noska said:

im in  the class now and its 3 weeks at the school then 3 weeks ojt at either e180th st in the bronx and east new york/38thstreet in brooklyn. after the 6 weeks you go to your mini pick until the general pick.

and yea we went on the structure today. fuccccck that shit. I don't plan on doing that again. they can keep days, i wanted to work nights anyway ha

Haha I didn’t want him working nights but he doesn’t like it so obviously don’t have a choice lol. Say hey to him in class, he’s a big tall guy, beard and dark hair, Rich is his name. 

15 minutes ago, marley723 said:

Haha I didn’t want him working nights but he doesn’t like it so obviously don’t have a choice lol. Say hey to him in class, he’s a big tall guy, beard and dark hair, Rich is his name. 

is he the guy the instructor calls no shoes?

10 hours ago, Sb2687 said:

Did i lose this opportunity or will I be invited to pre-employment soon?  Any help would be appreciated as if I get a pre employment letter ill be on that first flight up to NY!!

As per the civil service rules of the city, you're allowed to have your name restored to the list a maximum of three times (scroll down to 4.7.4.) Therefore, providing you take advantage of this opportunity, you'll be fine. As far as getting invited to pre-employment, whether you call them or wait for another letter in the mail with your correct address, your list number will remain the same, which is what they go by as far as who to process next for the next upcoming classes.

5 hours ago, Mtahopeful121986 said:

Hello congrats to all the new track workers. Just curious to know how far along into the list are we? Also how many more years before they no longer hire from this list? Is there a chance the list gets exhausted 

As far as how far along into the list we are, if you check out this site, type "03600" in the search box on the top right and put the list numbers in ascending order, you'll see that they're up to list #3226, since the last time they requested that information was back on January 8th, 2018. According to this webpage, the list will expire on December 17th, 2018. Personally, I think they're going to extend the list by another year, unless the next promotional exam for this position, which is going to be given this April 7th & 8th can be completely processed before December, which I personally doubt. As far as the chances of this list getting exhausted, with close to 12,500 names on the list, I also highly doubt that's going to happen.

Edited by +Young+

5 hours ago, G13 said:

Working on elevated isn’t as bad as it seems. It’s pretty fun IMO. Word of warning for those who dislike it; If you have a problem walking/working on elevated, you’ve locked yourself into working nights for your entire MTA career. 

coming from someone who was terrified of heights its not as bad as it seems, just pay attention to your surroundings and don't let your fear distract you. i spoke to a few senior guys/new hires, they said it takes some time getting used to & soon enough you'll be working/walking up there with no issue.

Edited by nycFin

21 hours ago, Queens718 said:

Question buddy of mine completed the medical but has an open criminal misdemeanor case and most likely will be put on a probation . Will this affect his chances of being hired ? 

Probably. From my perspective, at the time of hiring, they want nothing open, whether it's traffic tickets, court cases, etc., unless it is something very minor.

Offhand, @Queens718, I know your list number is in the 2690's from your prior posts. Have they called you yet for medical? If so, were you given a class date?

Edited by +Young+

1 hour ago, Queensqueens111 said:

Is there a dress code for the first day of reporting to HR? Dress the same as lab&medical or dress as your ready to go into the field?

There isn't really a dress code, therefore, I would wear something similar to what you wore when you reported to lab & medical.

16 minutes ago, Travisb437 said:

Got a letter today stating i was considered and not selected to the open competitive under rule 4.7.1 of the rule and regulations. Any chances I can ever get this overturned ?

shesh i never really heard about anybody getting a not selected overturned did you find out why you wasnt selected? and how long ago did you go for the DT ?

36 minutes ago, Travisb437 said:

Got a letter today stating i was considered and not selected to the open competitive under rule 4.7.1 of the rule and regulations. Any chances I can ever get this overturned ?

How far in the process are you or is this the first letter you received from them? Have you worked for mta before?

7 hours ago, Travisb437 said:

I did 2 drug test one back in Sept 15 the second Feb 15 and just got that letter today. When i read up the rule they say something about picking 1 of 3 people called or some b.s. along that line

Damn I didn't even know they were doing the 1 in 3 rule on this test. I didnt hear of anyone getting hit with that rule for this opening before you said that. Sorry to hear that. It's mad shitty that they don't even have to give a reason to use that and I heard its pretty much a done deal when it comes to overturning that rule if they choose to use it (but that was in regards to other tests mostly promotional ones) Did they ask you to come in at an earlier date once before and you deferred or put your name back on the list to be called later? I remember hearing once that they frown upon that but idk for sure. I'd call someone and ask about possibly fighting to get it overturned, worth a shot, couldnt hurt at this point.

As for what I said before regarding the 3 upcoming classes. I firgit to mention after he spoke about those classes the instructor kind of off handily said "and that wont be all I think there will be like another 400 hired by july." Now I don't remember if that's the exact number he said but what he said was along those lines. I also do not know how true it is but I would assume there is some truth behind it because the instructor said it.

Edited by noska

On 3/8/2018 at 9:05 PM, Travisb437 said:

I did 2 drug test one back in Sept 15 the second Feb 15 and just got that letter today. When i read up the rule they say something about picking 1 of 3 people called or some b.s. along that line

Did anybody else get this?  Is it safe to assume that I have a 2 out of 3 chance of getting the job due to this rule?  Not sure if I can risk things with my current employer and spend all that money on flying back and forth if they are pulling the 4.7.1C stuff with this exam.