Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

2 minutes ago, Sb2687 said:

Did anybody else get this?  Is it safe to assume that I have a 2 out of 3 chance of getting the job due to this rule?  Not sure if I can risk things with my current employer and spend all that money on flying back and forth if they are pulling the 4.7.1C stuff with this exam.  

This rule is applied to all OC transit exams to my knowledge. Anyone on this list who’s waiting can be hit with it. There were a few in this topic who got hit with it as well. 

Edited by G13

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, G13 said:

This rule is applied to all OC transit exams to my knowledge. Anyone on this list who’s waiting can be hit with it. There were a few in this topic who got hit with it as well. 

Thank you for the quick reply!

32 minutes ago, bimmer4me said:

What is this thing everyone is talking about?

Civil Service Law Section 61 allows public employers to choose individuals for appointment or promotion from the top three scores from an Eligible List. An Eligible Lists is the list of candidates who have passed civil service examinations, identified in order by their test score and from which State and Local agencies will hire or promote employees. The Civil Service uses a scoring methodology that first calculates a raw score (i.e. the number of questions correctly answered by a candidate), and then creates a band scoring table which groups the raw scores within certain ranges in the same band. As a result, all eligible individuals falling within a particular scoring band will tie for the same rank. In promotional examinations, typically, seniority credits will be applied to the raw score before a band score is applied. Veteran’s credits are also added in open-competitive and promotional exams after the score band is applied. 

The rationale of the One in Three Rule is to allow employers to consider factors other than test scores when making appointment and promotions.

Just now, G13 said:

Civil Service Law Section 61 allows public employers to choose individuals for appointment or promotion from the top three scores from an Eligible List. An Eligible Lists is the list of candidates who have passed civil service examinations, identified in order by their test score and from which State and Local agencies will hire or promote employees. The Civil Service uses a scoring methodology that first calculates a raw score (i.e. the number of questions correctly answered by a candidate), and then creates a band scoring table which groups the raw scores within certain ranges in the same band. As a result, all eligible individuals falling within a particular scoring band will tie for the same rank. In promotional examinations, typically, seniority credits will be applied to the raw score before a band score is applied. Veteran’s credits are also added in open-competitive and promotional exams after the score band is applied. 

The rationale of the One in Three Rule is to allow employers to consider factors other than test scores when making appointment and promotions.

I'm not understanding. Your saying they are considering people on the promotional before people on this list?

4 minutes ago, bimmer4me said:

I'm not understanding. Your saying they are considering people on the promotional before people on this list?

The rule basically says when there is a tied score, they can remove 1 person out of every 3 for reasons besides test scores. 

7 minutes ago, bimmer4me said:

That's insane. Is it because the list is nearing its expiration?

Has nothing to do with it. If you go back in the thread, there are people who were hit by the rule pretty early on during the hiring process. 

Its applicable to any CS exam. 

11 minutes ago, Trackhead said:

I was wondering if anyone was ever called over the phone and asked to come in for a field test?

No. That's not how the HR Department works. Even when I was processed for Bus Operator back in late 2013/early 2014, I was never in the operator's seat of an MTA Bus until Day 1. Same thing goes for Conductors, Train Operators, etc.

If there was a field test, it would be called a "practical skills test" which would have been mentioned on the Notice of Examination. A sample of that can be seen here. And here is the link for the Notice of Examination for 3600.

Edited by +Young+

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

No. That's not how the HR Department works. Even when I was processed for Bus Operator back in late 2013/early 2014, I was never in the operator's seat of an MTA Bus until Day 1. Same thing goes for Conductors, Train Operators, etc.

If there was a field test, it would be called a "practical skills test" which would have been mentioned on the Notice of Examination. A sample of that can be seen here. And here is the link for the Notice of Examination for 3600.

Thats what the called it when they called me today. Practical skill test.  What are they guna make me do?

11 hours ago, Trackhead said:

Thats what the called it when they called me today. Practical skill test.  What are they guna make me do?

Are you sure it was for this exam? This is the first time I'm hearing this...

In addition, can you please share your list number? Make sure to hide the last digit or two in order to hide your identity....thanks...

Edited by +Young+

36 minutes ago, Trackhead said:

Is it possible im going through this bc i have a hearing aid?  My number is in the mid 3600"s

Possibly...mind I ask when they contacted you? I'm in the low 2800's and I'm still waiting to get called for the medical...and you received a phone call for a field test?

2 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Possibly...mind I ask when they contacted you? I'm in the low 2800's and I'm still waiting to get called for the medical...and you received a phone call for a field test?

thought they stopped at the 3200’s last time i checked 

I was first contacted for pre employment back in early sept. Nothing cane of that. I think they jumped the gun and i was called for pre employment again 2 1/2 weeks ago. Same week was called in for medical. Now this field test nonsense. In guna loose my job if they dont hire me soon

2 hours ago, Queensqueens111 said:

That’s weird man I was sworn in and an employee just hours after medical, all in the same day.

I love hearing this result. Because i thought thats what was guna happen to me I thought i had the while routine figured out. And was just guna go with the flow. But damm they been putting me theough the ringger. I been over to livingston street atleast 8 times now and still no end in sight. 

14 minutes ago, Trackhead said:

I love hearing this result. Because i thought thats what was guna happen to me I thought i had the while routine figured out. And was just guna go with the flow. But damm they been putting me theough the ringger. I been over to livingston street atleast 8 times now and still no end in sight. 

i guess it will never make sense just gotta go roll with the punches it may be something new they trying to do with this field thing who knows 

A little inside info. I was at livingston today and medical was quiet again. They were doin some positions pre employment on the other side. The first few times the place was packed. Other than that not much goin on.  Pray you get one of the cool d r ,s bc let me tell you i dont feel like i got one

12 minutes ago, Trackhead said:

A little inside info. I was at livingston today and medical was quiet again. They were doin some positions pre employment on the other side. The first few times the place was packed. Other than that not much goin on.  Pray you get one of the cool d r ,s bc let me tell you i dont feel like i got one

so you got to do your medical today?