Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, INDman said:

My list number is around 288X, I got a letter back in February to come down. I never responded and yesterday I got another letter to come down this week. Is that unusual, to get two letters?

Not unusual at all.  I got like 3 or 4 letters and finally going tomorrow.  List number 272*

List # 40** here. Based on anyone’s knowledge how likely is it I’ll be receiving a letter to come down do my drug test and such. I noticed recently someone in the 3100s got a letter. I am scheduled to take the upcoming test next week and I’m not looking forward to missing out on my plans for the day to retake this test. 

22 hours ago, Dodgyyyy said:

List # 40** here. Based on anyone’s knowledge how likely is it I’ll be receiving a letter to come down do my drug test and such. I noticed recently someone in the 3100s got a letter. I am scheduled to take the upcoming test next week and I’m not looking forward to missing out on my plans for the day to retake this test. 

Well, based on this post, which can be seen on the previous page, they're up to the 3100's on the list:

On 3/22/2018 at 12:39 PM, shaolin said:

Did my drug test in 3/2. Was in by 730 out by 1pm.  They said 3-90 days. List number is 31xx. I’m curious to know as well what list range @MustangGuy is as well. 

This tells me that, according to the list, they have called everyone who got a 95% or higher. If there are still vacancies for the Track Worker position before the next list gets published, which I think will happen, then the HR office will continue down the list and start calling those who got a 92.5% on the exam, which includes you @Dodgyyyy. It's not going to be for a while, but I think you'll eventually receive a letter in the mail.

Edited by +Young+
Correction...

1 hour ago, Chris127 said:

anybody else get a call today for the april 2nd class?

I did, however I had to pass on this class b/c it is such short notice ( I am currently employed and dont want to burn bridges). From what I understand the next class will be on 4/23 and due to my list number 13xx, they told me i will almost certainly be called for that class as well. Good luck and hope to hear about the training. 

14 hours ago, Jtracks718 said:

Hey there guys newbie here.  I was wondering if anyone can tell me what would happen if one misses a class or a day during training because of an emergency?

It would really depend on a few things, why? Your instructor? And what day/what training was that day. someone in our class missed the third day, we were told he was out of the class already that day but he is still here. That day we didn’t have any hands on training. If you miss a day thats outside the school like the tunnel walk or structure walk, they aren’t going to take just you out there the next day to do it, you don’t get the certificate for it you don’t move on. I guess they make you join the next training class. Either way don’t miss any day of training or your probration for that matter

2 hours ago, dlsmtih said:

I did, however I had to pass on this class b/c it is such short notice ( I am currently employed and dont want to burn bridges). From what I understand the next class will be on 4/23 and due to my list number 13xx, they told me i will almost certainly be called for that class as well. Good luck and hope to hear about the training. 

I passed on it also. Mine was an issue with some paperwork they need That's coming in the mail soon. I'm aiming for April 23rd class.

My # is mid 3100’s. Got the letter to take the drug test on March 1st. And now waiting 3-90 days for the medical, etc. Very anxious checking Emails EVERY day.  I’ll update on here if i receive anything! Hoping I hear something by the end of April at least 

48 minutes ago, Jmichael45 said:

My # is mid 3100’s. Got the letter to take the drug test on March 1st. And now waiting 3-90 days for the medical, etc. Very anxious checking Emails EVERY day.  I’ll update on here if i receive anything! Hoping I hear something by the end of April at least 

been down here since 7 dont worry you will be getting a call real soon they are making a bunch of pre employment packets right now 

8 hours ago, Pumacell said:

They called you or sent an email

no, they called me.  They called me on Wednesday to try and get me in for the April 2nd class, and then they called me on Friday to schedule me towards the April 23rd class.

Maybe this was mentioned before so I apologize in advance. Looks as if there is 2 classes a month? I wonder if it’s confirmed how many more classes they will have for this year.

Worried that after the 3-90 day wait period when you take the drug test, if I lose my chance ? 

1 hour ago, Jmichael45 said:

Maybe this was mentioned before so I apologize in advance. Looks as if there is 2 classes a month? I wonder if it’s confirmed how many more classes they will have for this year.

Worried that after the 3-90 day wait period when you take the drug test, if I lose my chance ? 

Wondering the same thing. 

3 hours ago, Sb2687 said:

no, they called me.  They called me on Wednesday to try and get me in for the April 2nd class, and then they called me on Friday to schedule me towards the April 23rd class.

Congrats, Where do you have to report to on the 1st day

52 minutes ago, Pumacell said:

Congrats, Where do you have to report to on the 1st day

no what i meant is they called me saying they are doing medical exams/final processing to fill up the April 23rd class now.  So I'm assuming after I'm sworn in that day I will find out where I have to go for day 1.  The timing is excellent because it gives me pretty much a month to sever ties at my current employer, and move all my stuff from Orlando to New York.

22 minutes ago, Sb2687 said:

no what i meant is they called me saying they are doing medical exams/final processing to fill up the April 23rd class now.  So I'm assuming after I'm sworn in that day I will find out where I have to go for day 1.  The timing is excellent because it gives me pretty much a month to sever ties at my current employer, and move all my stuff from Orlando to New York.

Cool, at least its a step in the right direction

You don’t lose your chance if you don’t get called after the 90 days you just have to take the drug test again. I took 2, my first expired then i got a letter again to come back and do a second one and did the medical a week after.

If it’s still the same as this month for the first day you report down the block at 130 Livingston st for HR day. Here you will get your pass/id and do general HR stuff. Don’t harass or be racist/sexist, be alert if you see something say something blah blah blah. You’ll fill out forms for medical benefits and 401k and stuff. So if you have dependents or a spouse bring enough copies of their birth certificates and stuff to just add them on and get it out of the way. If you forget or don’t have enough copies don’t worry. All the forms are online on the bsc site, you can print and then email or fax depending on which st any time. Day 2 you will report to the union building at 195 Montague and they will go over their benefits, eye dental and stuff. You’ll meet with people about setting up extra disability and life insurance. Union reps sill give some speeches and go over the history of TWU. Then day three you report to the training school at 2125 West 13th/ave U in Brooklyn. Again this is if it’s still the same they said they just switched to this schedule you use to do 2 days at 130 Livingston and didn’t go to the union building.

side note but the day of your medical you’ll get a paper to fill out for direct deposit to hand in on HR day. Don’t wait for MTA to add that info in, you’ll get a BSC number the day of the medical when you swear in. Use the bsc website and add your direct deposit yourself, so hopefully it kicks in quicker. You will be paid for your first week on like the ninth day of your training instructors will get your check and give it to you at the school on w13th. (p.s 248)

so if you start April 2 you’ll get a check on the 12th for first five days.

Edited by Queensqueens111

8 hours ago, Jmichael45 said:

From watching this thread very closely, it seems that there is a class every three weeks. Therefore, since the next classes are April 2nd and April 23rd, my educated guess for the following classes are May 14th, June 4th, June 25th, etc.

Also, as a friendly reminder, I'm in the low 2800's (2800 - 2850). I took the drug test on February 21st and they said "3 to 90 days." Therefore, as soon as I hear something, I'll post an update!! I promise!!

Edited by +Young+
Grammar...

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

From watching this thread very closely, it seems that there is a class every three weeks. Therefore, since the next classes are April 2nd and April 23rd, my educated guess for the following classes are May 14th, June 4th, June 25th, etc.

Also, as a friendly reminder, I'm in the low 2800's (2800 - 2850). I took the drug test on February 21st and they said "3 to 90 days." Therefore, as soon as I hear something, I'll post an update!! I promise!!

you never got called for medical yet @+Young+?