Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we’re supposed to order our boots online at my mta portal and I have no idea on how to do this.  It gives me no option to order anything, all there I see there is information about myself.  Has anyone of you done this before?

2 minutes ago, Jtracks718 said:

So we’re supposed to order our boots online at my mta portal and I have no idea on how to do this.  It gives me no option to order anything, all there I see there is information about myself.  Has anyone of you done this before?

same here i think those guys were in a hurry and didnt know what they was talking about but we will see tomorrow 

Only EMD can order at the moment, Track can order starting the 15th, this company just got this boot conctract so be happy you’ll probably get the right size. Last class in March got shafted with wrong sizes and rain boots that don’t fit. Your BSC probably won’t even work yet given you only started 2 days ago too. Took about a week for all of my class to log into the BSC.

aslo I beleive it is the boot companies website you can to create an account on with your info, they have a special mta domain for it.

so tomorrow let your instructors at 248 know this. We had a truck come to the school our 4th day to let us try on boots and take em. if you guys after to wait for a deliveries after the 15th it’s going to really mess up the training schedule . You need those boots to go on the walk through in the tunnel and on the structure. Which they did for us our seventh and ninth day of training...

Edited by Queensqueens111

8 hours ago, Queensqueens111 said:

Only EMD can order at the moment, Track can order starting the 15th, this company just got this boot conctract so be happy you’ll probably get the right size. Last class in March got shafted with wrong sizes and rain boots that don’t fit. Your BSC probably won’t even work yet given you only started 2 days ago too. Took about a week for all of my class to log into the BSC.

aslo I beleive it is the boot companies website you can to create an account on with your info, they have a special mta domain for it.

so tomorrow let your instructors at 248 know this. We had a truck come to the school our 4th day to let us try on boots and take em. if you guys after to wait for a deliveries after the 15th it’s going to really mess up the training schedule . You need those boots to go on the walk through in the tunnel and on the structure. Which they did for us our seventh and ninth day of training...

How is training?  Does anyone get let go during training like the 10 day stuff for bus operator?  My apologies if this has been asked already. 

3 minutes ago, Sb2687 said:

How is training?  Does anyone get let go during training like the 10 day stuff for bus operator?  My apologies if this has been asked already. 

Training is 6 weeks - 3 weeks in the classroom at P.S. 248, 3 weeks in the field, either at the 38th Street Yard (Brooklyn) or at East 180th Street Yard (Bronx).

From reading this thread/topic, no one gets let go, unless they choose to on their own, which is unlike the 10-day training for Bus Operator.

5 minutes ago, Queensqueens111 said:

Union sent out an email today about the boots and how to get them, hopefully you guys got it if you gave them your emails the other day.

yea we got the email but the instructors are trying to get the people from the boot company to set it up today before we leave class 

Hi guys, my number is in the 3300s. Is it strange that i haven’t been contacted at all for the drug test? I see that people close to my number have taken theirs a month ago. The dcas systems i contact don’t seem to be accurate.  Just getting a little anxious i guess

12 hours ago, Nryan24 said:

Hi guys, my number is in the 3300s. Is it strange that i haven’t been contacted at all for the drug test? I see that people close to my number have taken theirs a month ago. The dcas systems i contact don’t seem to be accurate.  Just getting a little anxious i guess

If you look at the bottom of page 10 of the list, which can be viewed here, everyone whose list number is 3226 or lower got a 95 or higher on the exam. Everyone whose list number is 3227 or higher got a 92.5 on the exam. Therefore, to make it fair to everyone, I think the HR called up to list number 3226 for now. Once the majority of those people have been processed, then they will continue down the list.

Just as a reminder: I'm in the low 2800's (2800 - 2850). I took a drug test on February 21st and I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

3 hours ago, +Young+ said:

If you look at the bottom of page 10 of the list, which can be viewed here, everyone whose list number is 3226 or lower got a 95 or higher on the exam. Everyone whose list number is 3227 or higher got a 92.5 on the exam. Therefore, to make it fair to everyone, I think the HR called up to list number 3226 for now. Once the majority of those people have been processed, then they will continue down the list.

Just as a reminder: I'm in the low 2800's (2800 - 2850). I took a drug test on February 21st and I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

the higest list number in the class right now is 307* it was also stated by the instructors that 2 or 3 more classes was after us and that was going to be it  

11 minutes ago, Chris127 said:

the higest list number in the class right now is 307* it was also stated by the instructors that 2 or 3 more classes was after us and that was going to be it  

Thank you for the information. I just tried calling Ms. Rivera - her mailbox is full. I also sent her an e-mail, so we'll see what happens...

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

Thank you for the information. I just tried calling Ms. Rivera - her mailbox is full. I also sent her an e-mail, so we'll see what happens...

call her at like 9 am tomorrow---she usually picks up early in the morning.  I notice that she doesn't pick up too much in the afternoon.

13 minutes ago, Sb2687 said:

call her at like 9 am tomorrow---she usually picks up early in the morning.  I notice that she doesn't pick up too much in the afternoon.

Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it.

58 minutes ago, shaolin said:

Just got the email. April 11th final processing for the April 23rd class. List number is 31xx. 

Congrats! Literally just saw mine as well. My list is in 3100’s - going back for medical on the 12th , and if all goes well, the class starts 23rd

5 hours ago, Pumacell said:

@chris127 When you say the instructors says that  2 or 3 more classes was after us and that was going to be it. That means there done with the list. 

not sure if they are done with the list as of yet ,but what im assuming i know the 8600 exam  is coming out sometime this month. so they probably just going to finish up with 95 scores on the 3600 exam. he also stated its going to be a hiring freeze in all departments in the mta soon. 

4 hours ago, Chris127 said:

not sure if they are done with the list as of yet ,but what im assuming i know the 8600 exam  is coming out sometime this month. so they probably just going to finish up with 95 scores on the 3600 exam. he also stated its going to be a hiring freeze in all departments in the mta soon. 

Thats the second time someone has mentioned a hiring freeze within transit. I was down at Livingston on 3/10/18 and one of the HR hiring managers said that there was a hiring freeze going on, but when you walk outside to the waiting area it was packed with people filling out pre-employment paperwork and taking pics for there ID cards. My list # is in the 2300's and Im still waiting to hear something. 

19 minutes ago, Pumacell said:

Thats the second time someone has mentioned a hiring freeze within transit. I was down at Livingston on 3/10/18 and one of the HR hiring managers said that there was a hiring freeze going on, but when you walk outside to the waiting area it was packed with people filling out pre-employment paperwork and taking pics for there ID cards. My list # is in the 2300's and Im still waiting to hear something. 

you will see how this place work once u get in one person can you tell one thing and another can tell you another, with that being said i heard this from the instructor of the current class 

On 4/5/2018 at 11:45 AM, Chris127 said:

It was also stated by the instructors that 2 or 3 more classes was after us and that was going to be it  

11 hours ago, Chris127 said:

I think the instructors meant that there will be 2 or 3 more classes and that was going to be it as far as hiring is concerned for the time being. This list doesn't expire until December of 2018, however with the potential hiring freeze that was mentioned, that might be it as far as this list is concerned. The 8600 exam is being administered this weekend and for the next couple of weekends as well. Therefore, it's going to take some time before that list goes into effect.

As far as my story is concerned (I'm in the low 2800's): I got a hold of Ms. Rivera. She transferred me to someone else, besides Ms. Robinson. I gave her my social security number. The first thing she asked me was "Are you a prior employee?" I said yes, since I failed the 10-day Bus Operator training session back in February of 2014. As a result, she told me that I would be getting a letter in the mail. I tried to ask her what the letter contained, since post #1547 of this thread immediately came to my mind. She did not disclose, and there was no letter from Livingston Street in today's mail. Therefore, although I'm extremely disappointed, I just have to be patient...

I just got another pre employment in the mail for Monday the 10th. But I’m going for final processing on the 11th? Doesn’t make any sense? Anyone else experience this?

17 hours ago, shaolin said:

I just got another pre employment in the mail for Monday the 10th. But I’m going for final processing on the 11th? Doesn’t make any sense? Anyone else experience this?

That would tuesday the 10th.  I don’t think I can edit my own posts.