Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

17 hours ago, +Young+ said:

I think the instructors meant that there will be 2 or 3 more classes and that was going to be it as far as hiring is concerned for the time being. This list doesn't expire until December of 2018, however with the potential hiring freeze that was mentioned, that might be it as far as this list is concerned. The 8600 exam is being administered this weekend and for the next couple of weekends as well. Therefore, it's going to take some time before that list goes into effect.

As far as my story is concerned (I'm in the low 2800's): I got a hold of Ms. Rivera. She transferred me to someone else, besides Ms. Robinson. I gave her my social security number. The first thing she asked me was "Are you a prior employee?" I said yes, since I failed the 10-day Bus Operator training session back in February of 2014. As a result, she told me that I would be getting a letter in the mail. I tried to ask her what the letter contained, since post #1547 of this thread immediately came to my mind. She did not disclose, and there was no letter from Livingston Street in today's mail. Therefore, although I'm extremely disappointed, I just have to be patient...

I failed the 10 day also in 2014 and they did my medical yesterday so I don't see why that would constitute you being rejected; as in matter of fact if that woman essentially insinuated that they are rejecting you for that reason you may want to get a lawyer involved.  As for me even though I passed the medical exam and was about to be brought in for fingerprinting, they held me up because they need a disposition from something that didn't result in any arrest or any court appearance. (they originally told me it didn't need a disposition)  They told me to get it ASAP but I'm so disillusioned with always nearly having a job at MTA that I'm not even sure. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, shaolin said:

I just got another pre employment in the mail for Monday the 10th. But I’m going for final processing on the 11th? Doesn’t make any sense? Anyone else experience this?

That would tuesday the 10th.  I don’t think I can edit my own posts. 

I think it may have been an oversight. Bring both letters but tell them that you're scheduled for final processing and they will get you sorted out.

18 hours ago, shaolin said:

I just got another pre employment in the mail for Monday the 10th. But I’m going for final processing on the 11th? Doesn’t make any sense? Anyone else experience this?

That would tuesday the 10th.  I don’t think I can edit my own posts. 

When did you take your 1st drug test 

7 hours ago, Sb2687 said:

I failed the 10 day also in 2014 and they did my medical yesterday so I don't see why that would constitute you being rejected; as in matter of fact if that woman essentially insinuated that they are rejecting you for that reason you may want to get a lawyer involved.  As for me even though I passed the medical exam and was about to be brought in for fingerprinting, they held me up because they need a disposition from something that didn't result in any arrest or any court appearance. (they originally told me it didn't need a disposition)  They told me to get it ASAP but I'm so disillusioned with always nearly having a job at MTA that I'm not even sure. 

First, I sent you a PM @John275.

Second, when I got the second HR person on the phone, one of the first questions she asked me was "Were you a prior MTA employee?" (or something to that nature). As soon as I said "yes", she looked on her computer and she said that I would be getting a letter in the mail. This conversation took place this past week.

However, upon receiving today's mail, I did not get a letter from Transit nor their Human Resources office! Interesting, right?

Edited by +Young+
Update...

Just received my letter from transit to show up on Thursday the 12th (list number 33**). I’m currently working for the city, do I have to fill out the employment section of the packet that came in the mail, or does being a city employee makes me not have to not fill out the 21 page booklet? 

5 hours ago, Holley said:

Went in on 3/27 for 2nd lab. Got a call to come in on 4/2 for medical & final processing. It's definitely an all day process, however I was sworn in & will be in the 4/23 class. List #274*

You got sworn in on the same day of taking your medical.

2 hours ago, Queensqueens111 said:

That seems to be the way it is, I swore in and paid for my fingerprints all in the same day after my medical. Digging out all those ties in OJT is pretty rough, start doing your pushups guys and girls  lol

Guess its gonna be a long day

2 hours ago, Queensqueens111 said:

Don’t forgot your money order and it might not be that bad, when I went it was far far less people then the lab test days I went. Waiting for all the doctors was a drag but the rest was easy I think I got out around 1pm 

Got the money order already. If you don't mind me asking, what yard are you at?

# (3100’s) - Going to April 23rd class as well - medical process was a pain (Go to the desk, paperwork, wait, more paperwork, wait some more, doctor , wait, another doctor, wait. Hey some more paperwork 🤷🏼‍♂️, wait.) But in the end it’s a nice feeling.

My brothers # is 4100’s - curious if he’ll actually make it to be called by the end of the year 🤔. Might be tough 

6 minutes ago, PotentialMTAemployee said:

Okay so I just finished the drug test.. 3-90 days of course. Can anyone tell me what's overtime like. And also working on the track dangerous how's safety in and out the tunnels

Not trying to be a hard ass, but a lot of you don’t read through the thread. Some of you ask the same questions that have been answered 4-5 times over. 

OT is based on 2 things. Your report location and seniority. Some guys have a pretty steady stream of OT, some don’t. Depends. 

They have a saying down here ; “you’re responsible for your own safety”. While this definitely can be a dangerous environment, it’s up to the individual (for the most part) to be aware of their surroundings, and know their own limitations. I’ve seen some dudes try to be macho and carry the mat and they almost wind up eating a rail. Take your time in what you do, follow procedure, and respect the environment.  If there’s something you aren’t sure of, ask. If you feel unsafe doing something, say so. 

If you want OT go days in CC on your mini pick in school, it varies though. Last group got the pick sheet and it was mostly day picks only like 10 nights, our group in training now got only like 10 day picks and the rest all nights. Half the training group is getting OT right now, there is a big 5 week GO in one of the yards and we’re allowed to sign up and help for sat&sun all three weeks we are here, lucky enough to already bank an OTO day and didn’t even report to my pick yet.