Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

1 hour ago, PotentialMTAemployee said:

I just realized that I got a money order from Western Union.. I noticed in the email it said postal money order.... Does that matter? Or are they gonna bust my balls

No it doesn't matter

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After OJT , Im understanding you can pick based on seniority, where you can be placed? Wether it’s maintenance and cleaning, capital?  From someone’s prior experience, is one better than another? I’m hearing capital is a good choice 

(I’ll grab anything I can and be greatful, just would like some insight) ty in advance

13 hours ago, SNYC said:

My number is 33** and I will be in the May 21st class. I'm not sure if that helps you any.

Helps a ton! Thank you for sharing intel. Obviously guys like myself are anxious to start working and finally make some real money 

When I receive an email or call with instructions regarding my own journey with the MTA I’ll be sure to contribute to this thread as well. One random stranger helping the next! 

18 minutes ago, MTAtookMeOutTheHood said:

Helps a ton! Thank you for sharing intel. Obviously guys like myself are anxious to start working and finally make some real money 

When I receive an email or call with instructions regarding my own journey with the MTA I’ll be sure to contribute to this thread as well. One random stranger helping the next! 

Hopefully you get that email or call soon. 

7 hours ago, Jmichael45 said:

After OJT , Im understanding you can pick based on seniority, where you can be placed? Wether it’s maintenance and cleaning, capital?  From someone’s prior experience, is one better than another? I’m hearing capital is a good choice 

(I’ll grab anything I can and be greatful, just would like some insight) ty in advance

Before OJT the last week of school we got ours but every instructor team does things differently. You pick in seniority order for what job you want which is basically based on the test list number. On the sheets capital jobs start with 2s. Cleaning are 37, and maintenance are 36,32.

You also pick what is given to you and each class is different my class got 42 night spots and 8 day spots to choose from, meaning only 8 capital jobs. Class  before us had 40 day spots and only 10 nights lol. Just luck of the draw.

quick example of what a pick would look like is

RC#???? | Crew# 32?? | Location: 96th st | Title: Trackworker | Job Number: x32tk??? | RDOs: Sun/Mon | Tour: 10p-6a

going by the 32 (36 also) in crew and job number you can tell it’s maintenance. 37 would be cleaning gang. capital would be 2 (x21tk???). Hopefully this gives you a rough idea.

Edited by Queensqueens111

2 minutes ago, PotentialMTAemployee said:
8 minutes ago, Pumacell said:

This was for ojt pick oh on so Mon to Fri. That's good man. I'm at the MTA office now trying to finish final processing bc the computer system went down at the MAC area

So you will be in the class on May 21st

3 hours ago, Pumacell said:

Im feeling good about it and it’s only day 3.

Nic eman so day 1 of the class was good and orientation went well...?

So In regards to the MetroCard everyone.... Does that count for on and off the clock? And what about the express bus.. does it apply. I have an Express bus near me that if I end up in the city can take to work

12 minutes ago, PotentialMTAemployee said:

So In regards to the MetroCard everyone.... Does that count for on and off the clock? And what about the express bus.. does it apply. I have an Express bus near me that if I end up in the city can take to work

Your employee pass (metrocard) is available for use by the person it was issued to at all times. You will be asked before it’s given if you would prefer a badge for the LIRR or the Metro North. As a reminder, do remember that you can be traced via your pass. So don’t go pulling any nonsense which may get your ass in trouble. 

As far as the express bus, officially you’re supposed to pay. Take that as you will. 

1 hour ago, PotentialMTAemployee said:

Yes you can you use it at your hearts desire.  But ONLY YOU, no one else.  Express bus honors it.  

50 minutes ago, PotentialMTAemployee said:

Ok good I wasn't sure I guess I'll get a breakdown of everything at orientation.. hey guys where do I find my BSC number? I need it to create the account for the boots

your employee id is your bsc 

Your bsc number should have been given to you the first day, did they make you write a 7 digit number down like 40 times on all your paperwork? If not you should have been given a white paper the day you swore in that has your name the day you start you list number and all that. Bsc number is the employee Id number next to your pass number.

1 hour ago, Queensqueens111 said:

Your bsc number should have been given to you the first day, did they make you write a 7 digit number down like 40 times on all your paperwork? If not you should have been given a white paper the day you swore in that has your name the day you start you list number and all that. Bsc number is the employee Id number next to your pass number.

Lol no they didn't make me write a number down 40 times... But if figured it was that number... I guess I gotta wait to register bc it doesn't let me create the account 

39 minutes ago, PotentialMTAemployee said:

Lol no they didn't make me write a number down 40 times... But if figured it was that number... I guess I gotta wait to register bc it doesn't let me create the account 

I had to wait a couple of days before I was able to register. I'll see you in the May 21st class