Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

Yeah u right about the fines 

I was talking about his past offenses

Unpaid fines and tickets r current offenses. 

They have to be paid

When I went to processing I had two speeding tickets that I was going to court for they made me pay them. And I had already gave a lawyer $900 to defend me they didn't want to hear that

Lucky for me I left processing to pay them on Monday came back on Tuesday and got processed ( THEY WANT RECEIPTS NOT ONLINE PAYMENT RECEIPTS THE RECEIPTS THEY GIVE YOU WHEN YOU PAY IN PERSON) lucky for me I didn't get held up 30 days later I went to medical and got hired

Good luck 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2018 at 2:58 PM, Nikki0927 said:

So i went from being on an outstanding certification list to now not being on a outstanding certification list has this happened to anyone else or can anyone give me any info about what exactly this means? 

Outstanding certification means NYCTA has your info from DCAS, and is gearing up to process another class. Not on an outstanding certification means your info was sent back to DCAS, which basically means they don't have any classes scheduled at the moment. I know the list expires in December, not sure if it will be extended either.

3 hours ago, SteveNYC said:

Outstanding certification means NYCTA has your info from DCAS, and is gearing up to process another class. Not on an outstanding certification means your info was sent back to DCAS, which basically means they don't have any classes scheduled at the moment. I know the list expires in December, not sure if it will be extended either.

Your answer was very helpful thank you for your reaponse 

I just got a letter from MTA... with all the pre-employment stuff to fill out. I have to go to Livingston Street this Friday.

just wondering what should I expect? Is this when they drug test? Not that I am worried about the drug test but it also said alcohol and even tho I doubt a glass of wine or shot a few days prior would matter.. just would like to know so i’ll have a heads up.. I just guess they don’t want people showing up drunk or been drinking on the day of testing?

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn74 said:

I just got a letter from MTA... with all the pre-employment stuff to fill out. I have to go to Livingston Street this Friday.

just wondering what should I expect? Is this when they drug test? Not that I am worried about the drug test but it also said alcohol and even tho I doubt a glass of wine or shot a few days prior would matter.. just would like to know so i’ll have a heads up.. I just guess they don’t want people showing up drunk or been drinking on the day of testing?

Yes you will be sent for a drug test on that day

10 minutes ago, AMITCHELL said:

Drug test day one could be a all day thing just a heads up. After drug test they will tell you they will be in touch 3 to 90 days could be 3 could be a week just pay attention to emails and phone calls after you take your drug test. If you get a call back reach back out here somebody will give you the break down of the medical they will do after that. Also a long fun no so fun day 

4 hours ago, Face0312 said:

Ok, thanks for the info.. pretty much figured that’s what I should expect.

Don’t plan on having any drinks this week..  so I should be all good.. and to be honest if a drink I had at dinner on the weekend makes me fail the alcohol test I would probably say screw the job.. since i’m expecting a letter from school safety as well. 

Can’t believe I took this exam back in 2012.. I used to come to this forum and read all the people talk about getting letters... I remember all the people talking about how many people passed and they would never get to certain numbers, etc.

i also took the police communication technician test (911) and passed.. they sent me a letter a while back but I passed on it because I probably wouldn’t have liked the job.

we’ll see how it goes... after all these years I’m pretty numb to the entire thing so that’s a plus for me as I didn’t even expect to be called at all based on some of the things I’ve read on this forum.

9 minutes ago, Brooklyn74 said:

Ok, thanks for the info.. pretty much figured that’s what I should expect.

Don’t plan on having any drinks this week..  so I should be all good.. and to be honest if a drink I had at dinner on the weekend makes me fail the alcohol test I would probably say screw the job.. since i’m expecting a letter from school safety as well. 

Can’t believe I took this exam back in 2012.. I used to come to this forum and read all the people talk about getting letters... I remember all the people talking about how many people passed and they would never get to certain numbers, etc.

i also took the police communication technician test (911) and passed.. they sent me a letter a while back but I passed on it because I probably wouldn’t have liked the job.

we’ll see how it goes... after all these years I’m pretty numb to the entire thing so that’s a plus for me as I didn’t even expect to be called at all based on some of the things I’ve read on this forum.

Good luck to you man, just be honest and you'll be fine. Out of curiosity, what range is your list number?

Well the pick will b over in a few days 

So I hope they start hiring again soon

I'm satisfied with my pick 

Didn't get the exact pick that I wanted

But i got my second choice so it's been a pretty good week 

Good luck guys I'll c u on the tracks

On 6/25/2018 at 6:00 PM, Brooklyn74 said:

What is your list #?

Ok guys as promised here’s an update once I got in..

i made the August class along with about 20-30 guys last Friday. When I got hired I asked the guy from HR doing my paperwork about if their will be future track worker classes after mine. He said absolutely and to not go by the December date because transit continues to push that date back. He specifically said “the city hates that we do that but it’s only fair because we only started calling people in 20xx so we need a few years” so any of you guys worried about not getting called by December can take a deep breathe. Also said they need far  more track workers 

The steps to my process were:

- took test in 2012

- early 2018 got a letter saying I was being considered

-quit smoking, paid all my tickets, handled all legal issues

-passed a drug test 

-3 months later my drug test expired so I had to take another 

- month after that took my medical and got hired 

my advice to any of you guys, if you know you have high blood pressure or any medical issues that will eventually show up go to your doctor after your drug test and get a letter medically clearing you for the job that SPECIFICALLY says what that  issue is. IE: Joeys blood pressure was normal when we administered a physical in my office. Don’t date it and when they try to put you on a medical clearance pull it out with today’s date! Lot of guys I came in with got put on a medical hold and didn’t make the class due to having to leave. Spots are never held 

look forward to meeting you guys and girls on the track. Never give up and fight for your job! They dubbed me at least 3 times the whole process. Kept running back with the right paperwork, calling every week, never giving up. Tbh I’m broke right now, so getting this job wasn’t an option. I now have the ability to change my life around and provide for my family in ways never imaginable. I wish you all the best of luck and may God bless you the way he’s blessed me!

10 hours ago, MTAtookMeOutTheHood said:

Alot

The person you spoke to told you they plan on extending the list past the 4 year life cycle?

Also we've had someone here post that he was in the 4000s and got called for medical recently, they can't still be in the 2000s