Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea @rskbreaker thats what i was sayin it to may ppl on the list for them to just delay it there gonna have to give the ppl that got the credits a different list number

We can only wait and hope for the best. Hopefully the recent change of events doesn't push you too far back on the list. Best of luck.

Does anyone know if you need a resume or if there is an interview after the medical and drug test?

No resume needed. There is an interview after the medical and drug test, to enter you into payroll, to receive your pass # (not the actual document), and information on where and when to report for training. As far as what to wear, I was wearing black jeans, a black sweater (not a hoodie) and a dress shirt underneath with the collar sticking out. So you do not have to wear a tie and a suit, but I would suggest to wear something nice and presentable.

No resume needed. There is an interview after the medical and drug test, to enter you into payroll, to receive your pass # (not the actual document), and information on where and when to report for training. As far as what to wear, I was wearing black jeans, a black sweater (not a hoodie) and a dress shirt underneath with the collar sticking out. So you do not have to wear a tie and a suit, but I would suggest to wear something nice and presentable.

Thanks that was exactly what i wanted to know. 

I tried calling the number on the paper to see how far they were on the list but the lady i talked to said they hadn't hired anyone from the list yet and to call back at the end of the month. Do you guys think she meant they hadn't hired any of the people that they have called in for the medical tests?

Is there a license check for track worker ? It seems to emphasize it in the 21 page booklet

I don't think so. I partially recall filling out the 21 page booklet for the Bus Operator position, and I remember them checking my abstract and driving history through the DMV without using the 21 page booklet.

Keep in mind also that for all, or most of these civil service citywide jobs, they use the same 21 page booklet. Therefore, as long as you fill it out as accurate as possible to the best of your ability, and your interviewer does not you any questions about it during final processing, you should be fine.

@pilotboy91 i seen people gettin turned away for violations on there license when i went for the pre screening so i wouldnt be suprised if they do

Doesn't make sense that they are disqualify people for moving violations since you don't even need a license to qualify for the exam. Must be more to it?

The Notice of Examination (http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/archives/pdf/3600.pdf) does not say anything about this, unless you are getting the Bus Operator Candidates confused with the Track Worker Candidates. And, if you are 100% sure that they are turning Track Worker candidates away because of this, I would write a very nasty letter to the Vice President of Human Resources and to the President of NYC Transit, cause this is not fair at all!!

@youngnycsubwayfan thats the same thing i said it was a different ball game when i got in there they told me i have to wait months intill dcas can switch my list number for a mistake they made

@youngnycsubwayfan thats the same thing i said it was a different ball game when i got in there they told me i have to wait months intill dcas can switch my list number for a mistake they made